JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
  • Though we are OK in this regard, ordered a 10 pack of 30-round M1-family carbine magazines. (To feed an M1, presently. Then an M2 when our dotgov friends ever complete the process. And, I have a wacky project in the embryotic stages that involves a piece that feeds from those; more later on that. :s0155: )
  • Ordered more Spanish-style sardines. (Also did a canned good check; might have to hit one of the el cheapo stores to replenish canned items today for items that can be found locally.)
  • Continued a book related to nuclear disasters.
  • Loaded up fuel cans to be filled with various petroleum products. (Considering what it cost to fill up the mobile yesterday, this aught to be "fun".)

Last Edited:
I purchased another AK 47, two AR lowers and a sweet Henry in .22 mag. All in the last two weeks.

Doing my part to prep. Now if you guys would sell me some Reloader # 7....

Last Edited:
Went to Costco and spent almost $500 on stocking up the pantry. We're pushing to get it to 3 months of food as we're also putting grain (corn, wheat, rice and beans) in Mylar for long term storage. Have about a years worth of grain for one person. The goal is one year for each family member. Long way to go but it's something.

Does anyone have any concerns about the potential Diesel shortage coming in 25 days?

I try and get 3-4, each trip as I go about every 2-3 weeks but I should go once a week..

My wife de-bones them, 3 fit in the Freeze Dryer and 1 is put in the fridge to snack on.

Current cost of goods, the Rotisserie Chickens feed my family...
I'm guessing you have a Harvest Right? What size and do you find it reliable and a worthy investment? My wife has a fairly decent following on her social media, and they've offered her a pretty substantial discount on one which we're considering. Thanks for any info!

I'm guessing you have a Harvest Right? What size and do you find it reliable and a worthy investment? My wife has a fairly decent following on her social media, and they've offered her a pretty substantial discount on one which we're considering. Thanks for any info!
If you can afford it, and have the ability to install a designated 20a breaker and outlet for it, a Large with the Premier Pump (not the oilless).

The medium I have which is the largest you can get for a standard household outlet with not much else on the circuit.

It's been worth it to me, Lincoln City Sporting Goods has the best prices anywhere, a medium unit pickup at store is 2.6k and change...

If you can afford it, and have the ability to install a designated 20a breaker and outlet for it, a Large with the Premier Pump (not the oilless).

The medium I have which is the largest you can get for a standard household outlet with not much else on the circuit.

It's been worth it to me, Lincoln City Sporting Goods has the best prices anywhere, a medium unit pickup at store is 2.6k and change...
Thanks for the response. Its been on her radar for a bit as we continue to improve our preparedness/self reliance. We've done some of our own research but glad to hear from an actual owner. I'm personally thinking the medium would be sufficient. They offered her 1200 off any size. Basically a big coupon for a few posts as advertisement.

Thanks for the response. Its been on her radar for a bit as we continue to improve our preparedness/self reliance. We've done some of our own research but glad to hear from an actual owner. I'm personally thinking the medium would be sufficient. They offered her 1200 off any size. Basically a big coupon for a few posts as advertisement.
1200 off, is the employee of a dealer pricing, friend of mine just Ed ordered one from that program, I'm planning on getting a 2nd FD and using the program.

Possibly even a 3rd FD at some point...

Today I figured out how much firewood I consume vs how much I have seasoned and on hand. I bring in a heaping 6 cu/ft wheelbarrow load of wood every 2 or 3 days. so I figured 9 cu/ft per load. A cord of wood is 128 cu/ft so 128/9= aprox 14 loads per cord. Basically about 5 weeks of wood per cord. I have about 8 cords of split and seasoned wood so about 40 weeks of wood. Enough for this year and then some but not enough for next year. Looks like it's time to hit up the BLM/forest circus for some wood cutting permits.

I took the AK-74 out for a spin (60 rounds) with the Holosun and Midwest Industries mount (acquired from Gbrick). It shoots reliably and even after the scope & mount somehow ended up falling off to the ground. Oh well. But, it returned to zero without out much of a fuss.

Then.....
Since I was using corrosive ammo (7n6). YES.....I cleaned it.

All I did this time......was a field strip and again with the garden hose (everywhere). NO hot soapy water or Hoppe's was used. Then, followed by a drying rag. For good measure, I also ran patches down the bore. Finishing with the oil and greasing as usual.

If this works (without the hot soapy water treatment) I might just feel better IF I ever had to do without it and/or without the Hoppe's.

Aloha, Mark

I took the AK-74 out for a spin (60 rounds) with the Holosun and Midwest Industries mount (acquired from Gbrick). It shoots reliably and even after the scope & mount somehow ended up falling off to the ground. Oh well. But, it returned to zero without out much of a fuss.

Then.....
Since I was using corrosive ammo (7n6). YES.....I cleaned it.

All I did this time......was a field strip and again with the garden hose (everywhere). NO hot soapy water or Hoppe's was used. Then, followed by a drying rag. For good measure, I also ran patches down the bore. Finishing with the oil and greasing as usual.

If this works (without the hot soapy water treatment) I might just feel better IF I ever had to do without it and/or without the Hoppe's.

Aloha, Mark
0o1ghwtzaay91.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews