JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel like I lose money when I don't buy one of these....
I try and get 3-4, each trip as I go about every 2-3 weeks but I should go once a week..

My wife de-bones them, 3 fit in the Freeze Dryer and 1 is put in the fridge to snack on.

Current cost of goods, the Rotisserie Chickens feed my family...

_nc_ohc=v0HNCLW9c38AX8bjUn9&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=_XVae8r2_2gAX87Glf4&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Sampled 2 of my half pint jars of Taco meat, added hot water, and mixed in the jars, wife loves it too...

Vacuum sealed 3 FD Costco Rotisserie chickens into 3 half gallon mason jars...

Finished up (I think) getting the firewood under cover.

It is supposed to rain this morning (and all thru next week - I think the rains have started), so I spent that last 3 days splitting and stacking what I had cut and hauled out of the back acreage. Splitting and stacking is a lot harder and slower for me. Especially the rounds that are hard to split.

I finished splitting/stacking what was on the ground, and then I was out in the dark unloading unsplit rounds from the truck into the shop so it would not get wet. I just dumped it on the floor and later I will go out and stack it against a wall.

I have about 2 cords on the porch and another cord in the shop. We'll see how long that lasts - maybe into or thru February?

I got about a 1/4 cord of wood stacked and covered. Its mainly for an outdoor fire pit. I like to think it will be useful if electricity and gas go down. I will at least have a way to cook and boil water.

Downloading and making more backups of ZIM files (offline wiki files among other things - like Wikipedia).
Would you set up a discrete non-connected way (laptop/pad etc) to read the files & pack such away as well?

Simply curious is all. Thinking along the lines of having such all packed up, like folks do for faraday cage stuff.

Also, in the event of some interwebs type calamity (massive corruption), you would hopefully have working devices.

Would you set up a discrete non-connected way (laptop/pad etc) to read the files & pack such away as well?

Simply curious is all. Thinking along the lines of having such all packed up, like folks do for faraday cage stuff.

Also, in the event of some interwebs type calamity (massive corruption), you would hopefully have working devices.

I have a laptop and a phone. I have two USB drives - one is a 1TB hard drive, the other is a 1TB SSD drive small enough to keep in my wallet (it is about the size of a credit card but about 5-6 times as thick). I am also going to get a small 1-2 TB Micro SSD drive. My laptop has a slot for a SIM/SSD. I have a connector for my phone - I need to test it with the drives.

I have not tested Kiwix on Android yet. My phone has a standby time of about 7 days if I keep it on battery saver and do not use apps.

Last Edited:
I actually bought this last week. A complete Encyclopedia Brittanica from 1981. I figure it's old enough to no be affected by "Woke" yet, but new enough to still be quite useful. Books will be critical if really bad things happen.
Screenshot_20221020-141446_Samsung Internet.jpg

I actually bought this last week. A complete Encyclopedia Brittanica from 1981. I figure it's old enough to no be affected by "Woke" yet, but new enough to still be quite useful. Books will be critical if really bad things happen.
View attachment 1298783
I would recommend instead of buying on eBay for $220, go to an estate sale where you could pick up a set for about $20

Burned a pile of yard debris

Got 6 gallons of bar oil for chainsaws. Ordered 3 gallons from Walmart, packages were lost despite service saying they were delivered - I complained and they sent me 3 more gallons. Today I got a letter from someone about 2 miles away saying they had a box from Walmart labeled for me, but delivered incorrectly because they had the same address number I do, different rd. It has happened before; I got her package and I just took it to her house and left it there.

Anyway, now I have six gallons of bar oil - probably enough for 5-10 years of cutting. Now I am going to order some pre-mix oil as I am getting low on that too. Pre-mix oil is a little more crucial to get right than bar oil.

Also, going to order some chains for the small saw. Seems a chain lasts me about one year.

Doing a test run on another freeze dried meal. This one will be short term, will be using it as meals in the next week to test portion prepping for ready to go meals...

Got 2 boxes of potatoes slices, stroganoff hamburger helper with 3lbs of hamburger...

Love seeing what others are doing, I think I'll have to stock some gear for my saws as well...

I remembered to contact RCBS Customer Service (ph# 1-800-533-5000) today.

Somehow/somewhere I've managed to "lose" my .223 Rem expander ball. Anyway, I called RCBS and they are sending me another one. For FREE.

Hallelujah!

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews