JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to Cabelas yesterday and picked up a lugable loo for a bucket crapper and some 15 second storm matches. Tried one out, it's like striking off a fusee.

new years eve i had a weird feeling that if anything was gonna happen like an invasion or something of the sort it would happen on new years or new years eve so i went and grabbed some ammo from dicks 9mm for like 11 bucks for 50 so i got 3 boxs and just a couple boxs of 223 but i also hit up the dollar tree and you wouldnt beleive some of the stuff you can get for a 1 to put in you bob or shtf bags some of the stuff i picked up emergancy candles i think they are 5 hours 6 candles for $1 rope asprin rice first aid kit nothing special just band aids and stuff but their really is alot you can get from them cheap swiss army knifes im gonna make some small kits for family members should cost 10 each id rather give them the minimum rather then them not have anything

u.p.s., just dropped off a hennessy hammock on my doorstep. took it out to the backyard ,strung it up, crawled inside and took a nap,(for testing purposes,of course).:s0114:
its gonna make a great ,light weight hammock.

Prepped some brass purchased more bullet heads for reloading, traded some for some brass and a couple mags on this site, installed a lpk in a lower I had just sitting around, and cleaned my ccw. Finally, became a supporting member of this site which has been long overdue. Thanks to the people who run it!

Took my boy out and got him used to shooting his .243 he got for xmas. He didn't even flinch 3 shots covered by a quarter at 100 yds. He's never shot a big rifle.
He put 2 mags through my .40 as well.

I also replaced my laces in both pairs of Danners with paracord. They will last a lot longer then those expensive store bought laces. You guys should try it too.

Cleaned my guns, installed LPK in my AR build, loaded some AK mags, replaced AR mag black and green followers with the Magpul ones (now have 15 reliable GI mags to add), worked on cleaning the garage so I can find stuff again! It was a busy weekend for me!

i made some small survival kits for my family members (who think the world is a perfect wonderful place)

poncho 1.00
matches .25
small pack of tissue .25
tarp 1.00
roman .60
tooth brush .25
flash light 1.00
multi tool 1.00
candles 1.00
20ft of cord .25
hand sanitizer .35
small first aid kit 1.00

not bad for 3 kits i payed less then $10 per kit i made 3

I bought over $200 of a wide variety of canned foods, 20lbs. of dried rice and 20lbs. of pinto beans from the Salem WinCo. It took a few times of my wife saying she didn't like this or that and me reminding her that its not a priority to "like" something (beans in her case)... it just has to keep you alive when you're hungry and food is in scarce supply, just like Army rations do while in the field.

Beans and rice are one of the best combos because of the carbs and protein content. I plan on repeating this process AT LEAST six more times to build up our emergency pantry... and if the SHTF I will be rationing everyone to one meal a day... and a couple of my kids could stand to miss a meal (or three) anyway. ;)

Between this and the several thousand rounds of ammo I have cached, I'm finally getting comfortable with the propostion of dealing with an extended emergency situation and keep my family safe and fed for a decent amount of time.

Bought a small Fisher wood stove to heat my bug out location, put up rice, beans, oats and sugar into mylar and buckets w/lids.
Took 1/2 up to the cabin and rest stashed elsewhere. Hate to keep everything in one place.....spread it around, not knowing where we will end up.
Now, how do you bake with a wood stove??

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top