JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to church to keep peace with my "Maker". I figure if the SHTF someone is going to kill me to get all my guns, gold, ammo, and stored food and it won't matter anyway. Not bad insurance for that nuclear attack either :)

Heads up, I understand that kerosene has a shelf life. As it ages it starts to cause a lot of smoke. Don't know why this is, (but it is - we use to heat with it) one of the factory folks had suggested only buying enough to use in a year.

bought about 50 disposable lighters. Bought 3 refillable lighters and a bunch of lighter re-filling fluid. Got this idea from Selco's thread a while back and kept forgetting to actually buy the little cheapies. (I only spent about $50 on everything).

I got the cheapie see through "jewel tones" lighters for barter/trade because I figure the customer would want to be able to see how much fluid is left inside the lighter and also those ones are cheaper than the opaque "Bic" lighters and I seriously doubt anybody would care about name brands in that scenario.

Re-organized my BOB after taking a long hike with it and seeing how uncomfortable it was.

Just finished "How to survive TEOTWAWKI" by James Wesley, Rawles. IMHO it is one I could not put down........well I couldn't with his other two books I read last week either.........I am counting the days to my retirement and an ensuing "property" search! :cool::cool:

Competed in my first CMP match today with an M1 Garand....which actually makes it my first ever firearms competition.

I won't brag on my score (read: it was pretty bad) ....but my goal was to get 80% of my shots on paper and to not finish last. I got 46 of 52 shots on paper so 88% on paper and there were 4 others who finished lower than me. 3 of the lower scores were also first timers (one of whom decided not even to finish the competition and didn't even turn in his grading sheet...), but one was actually an experienced competitor aged 70 who ran through a crappy batch of ammo and his gun was jamming and misfiring almost the whole time...

also it was 26-30 degrees the whole time and foggy and frosty....which I think impacts everyone's scores a little bit...

the main point is I HAD A BLAST!!!! And I plan on attending all of the CMP matches I can in 2012!!! (gotta train up for the end of the Mayan calendar right?? ha ha ha ......)

Just picked up the rest of the inherited ammo about 8,000 or more in various calibers and knifes galore.

Brought back two more gun safes and just finished mounting them.

Also got a food saver bagging system so we can buy in more bulk!

Getting caught back up on "The Survival Podcast"
Went to Sgt. Gator's surplus in Boring today and picked up some wool blankets for the car emergency kits, couple pairs of mechanics type gloves, more 50cal ammo boxes for ammo storage
Started the generator(neglected it for WAY TOO LONG), took a while, but now I know how to get it started if I have problems and I have put on my calendar to start and run it every month

Competed in my first CMP match today with an M1 Garand....which actually makes it my first ever firearms competition.

I won't brag on my score (read: it was pretty bad) ....but my goal was to get 80% of my shots on paper and to not finish last. I got 46 of 52 shots on paper so 88% on paper and there were 4 others who finished lower than me. 3 of the lower scores were also first timers (one of whom decided not even to finish the competition and didn't even turn in his grading sheet...), but one was actually an experienced competitor aged 70 who ran through a crappy batch of ammo and his gun was jamming and misfiring almost the whole time...

also it was 26-30 degrees the whole time and foggy and frosty....which I think impacts everyone's scores a little bit...

the main point is I HAD A BLAST!!!! And I plan on attending all of the CMP matches I can in 2012!!! (gotta train up for the end of the Mayan calendar right?? ha ha ha ......)

I dropped by the match today, just to see what it was like. Looking forward to the next one when it will be warmer!

Ok, so by process of elimination I'm sure you know who I am, and what I look like. Who were you? did you shoot? Color of jacket?

:) :) :)

Glad to hear you had FUN, I'm looking forward to the Match in March (first one). No didn't shoot, just observed for a few minutes and then went to the indoor range. Talked to a couple of the RO's but didn't recognize anyone else there. Taking a cousin out there tomorrow as a guest to shoot his, new to him, Mosin Nagant.

My mom has one of those red 3-day disaster supply kits in her car (better than nothing) - its contents recently expired, so I ordered her a <broken link removed> (water, food, snap lights, etc.)

While I was at it, I ordered 20 2400-calorie <broken link removed> , a <broken link removed> (coverts 5-gallon bucket into a toilet), and 50 bio-hazard bags to line the bucket. (you never know - those SOS bars may do a number on my system and that bucket-toilet may come in handy)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews