JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't neglect the value of your chainsaws my friends...they are also effective against Zombies!!! I used to work at a small engine repair shop...and lines got real long (meaning longer wait) after the first snow/wind storm and guys realize that they left gas in saw...or forgot to sharpen chain after last use...etc, etc, etc.

So I start mine weekly and bring it to operating speed...shut down and then readjust chain if needed. I guarrntee in case of Emergency, I can start that saw faster than you can open your safe.

I shared some of the NWFA Preparedness & Survival treasures with my wife. She asked me what "SHTF" meant, so I told her. I took the time to explain how those four little letters sum up what she has, with great verbosity and agitation, been worrying about for the past few days* and assured her we are better off than most, but could do more. She seems to think that is a good idea now.

*Enhanced fear-mongering provided by my Mother-In-Law

I finally had a preparedness conversation with a friend that actually seemed to sink in last night!!! So my preps for today are sending her useful information to get her started! I know its not physical but it is a HUGE victory for me! (Even if just a tiny step forward for her) Also placed another small order from Shelf Reliance... 20% off sale this month!

I finally had a preparedness conversation with a friend that actually seemed to sink in last night!!! So my preps for today are sending her useful information to get her started! I know its not physical but it is a HUGE victory for me! (Even if just a tiny step forward for her) Also placed another small order from Shelf Reliance... 20% off sale this month!

Roxy, good for you.

it does not always work as you know, but sometimes it does and when it does you have made an ally, and when shtf we are all going to allies and friends we can rely to watch our backs

FYI: Economist Nouriel Roubini was quoted today on Yahoo! Finance today "EuroZone 'In Denial', US Postpones Reforms" noted that he did forsee a double dip recession in the Euro Zone with hard landing in China by 2013 or as early as 2012.

I made seven MRE's, my first attempt at doing it myself. I'm happy with the finished product.

I packed 12 one gallon/5lbs mylar bags with baking soda, lentils, lipton tea bags, navy beans, old fashion oats, pinto beans, rice and sugar. I usually wouldn't bother with some small quantities, but I got a great deal on the one gallon mylar bags and I had access to all the above items for little or no cost.

Not an icom boy it will do! :)

Trying to do this...

Constructing a Backpack VHF Field Radio, by Ed S. - SurvivalBlog.com

Bought this...

Amazon.com: Uniden UM380 Class D Full - Feature Fixed Mount VHF Marine Radio, White: GPS & Navigation

But only paid $83-ish after shipping on e-bay.

Kinda surprised about the interest with this. Want to buy a couple of these as well as portables with the Uniden as a base radio. Will give you all an update once the project is completed.

Anyone have a website for cheap Marine VHF radios? I had this one picked out for the longest time but they never to seam to have anything in stock. Months of checking they haven't had anything in stock...I think that someone is either buying out their stock to resell it, they're not updating their site or they're not purchasing enough to meet their demands.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top