JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cut firewood. Going to try to finish up tomorrow by loading up remaining wood, then splitting and stacking it.

I think there is about a week's worth of wood.

It has been cold here - frost on the ground and standing water has a layer of ice on it. Next week it might snow and there is still about 6 weeks until spring and I only have about 3 weeks worth of firewood if I don't cut/split more. I have cut back on burning firewood as I am getting low. If the power goes out I want some firewood to burn. I should have cut/split more this last fall and late summer.
Want help?

Take care of your back with all that wood cutting.
Which reminds me; I learned on Reddit that you can "stack" some OTC painkiller meds - e.g., take ibuprofen and acetaminophen together because they are processed in your system by different organs. So I did that a couple nights ago and it seemed to work. I am going to try again tonight - with the muscle relaxants too (which is kind of cheating).

and acetaminophen
If you drink at all, don't do the acetaminophen. Its a death sentence. Kills the Liver.

Advil is better, its just a half dose of Naproxin. So if you take two its a prescription level med. (but I'm not a pharmacist, of course, just an idiot on the interwebs, so don't take what I say as advice ;)).

Over and Out,

Mono1

If you drink at all, don't do the acetaminophen. Its a death sentence. Kills the Liver.

Advil is better, its just a half dose of Naproxin. So if you take two its a prescription level med. (but I'm not a pharmacist, of course, just an idiot on the interwebs, so don't take what I say as advice ;)).

Over and Out,

Mono1
I don't drink - haven't for decades. Even if I wanted to, I can't due to my heart meds.

Advil is ibuprofen. You are thinking of Aleve.

I've tried Aleve - it did nothing for me. I've tried them all (I once had a morphine IV for a kidney stone - it was the only time I was ever completely without pain - for 4 hours - it was glorious, but obviously not a long term solution).

Sometimes I have to take Oxy, but usually the OTC meds like Tylenol/Aspirin works for me, and the Robaxin muscle relaxant is sometimes needed when I have muscle issues (spasms, etc.). I need to see a neurologist to get some nerve pain meds (Neurotonin - recommended by my chiro).

1643503552268.png

Finished up splitting/stacking firewood.

Went to park truck by the shop and plugin battery maintainer and noticed that the truck has a block heater - so I plugged that in too - we'll see if it actually works. I've had the truck for 10+ years and did not notice it had a block heater.

Waiting for gov supplied COVID tests to arrive. Son in law has COVID, got really sick yesterday. Hope my daughter doesn't catch it. They have both had the two shots, but not the booster yet.

Finished up splitting/stacking firewood.

Went to park truck by the shop and plugin battery maintainer and noticed that the truck has a block heater - so I plugged that in too - we'll see if it actually works. I've had the truck for 10+ years and did not notice it had a block heater.

Waiting for gov supplied COVID tests to arrive. Son in law has COVID, got really sick yesterday. Hope my daughter doesn't catch it. They have both had the two shots, but not the booster yet.
Hopefully they recover easily!🤗

Took the 91/30 Mosin Nagant out for exercise. Only 30 rounds today. But....yeah, corrosive ammo. So cleaning is a must do.

Mission accomplished about 30 mins ago.

Aloha, Mark

Block heater works great. Took temp up above 50*C (120*+F - Canuckian truck so all the gauges are metric, except for the speedo), during the night at 35*F so that is very good. Truck started immediately and idled smoothly.

I unplugged it - I don't need to have it warmed up all the time, the truck will start at cold temps (I tried it once at 20*F), it just won't idle well until it warms up. I rarely use the truck, but it is good to know I can get it warm in really cold temps.

Block heater works great. Took temp up above 50*C (120*+F - Canuckian truck so all the gauges are metric, except for the speedo), during the night at 35*F so that is very good. Truck started immediately and idled smoothly.

I unplugged it - I don't need to have it warmed up all the time, the truck will start at cold temps (I tried it once at 20*F), it just won't idle well until it warms up. I rarely use the truck, but it is good to know I can get it warm in really cold temps.
Mine works great. I've cold started my 5.9 Cummins at around 0°F and it smokes like a chimney until the combustion chamber warms up. With the block heater it warms right up, no smoke instant heat.

Snagged a new lever gun and some 30-30 ammo for a really good deal.

Thinking about adding more food to my stockpile. Anyone tried purchasing or ordering from the LDS pantry? I've read a few interesting things about it, seems to be open to the public and fairly affordable.

Mine works great. I've cold started my 5.9 Cummins at around 0°F and it smokes like a chimney until the combustion chamber warms up. With the block heater it warms right up, no smoke instant heat.
so the unit appears to be a 750 watt unit and that would cost about a dollar per day @ 6 cents per KWH - I guess if it is real cold and I plan to use the truck I can plug it in for a couple of hours before I use it. No sense in leaving it plugged in all the time as I rarely use it and it doesn't get that cold here most of the time. But it is nice to know I can, and that if I have to I can use my little 2KW genset to power it if the power goes out.

My shop is on a different account & hookup - apparently that is somehow required. I pay $20 per month just for the service hookup :rolleyes:, and $1.64 per month for the electricity used by the freezer and when I sometimes turn on the lights (apparently the freezer uses about 30 watts during the winter.

so the unit appears to be a 750 watt unit and that would cost about a dollar per day @ 6 cents per KWH - I guess if it is real cold and I plan to use the truck I can plug it in for a couple of hours before I use it. No sense in leaving it plugged in all the time as I rarely use it and it doesn't get that cold here most of the time. But it is nice to know I can, and that if I have to I can use my little 2KW genset to power it if the power goes out.

My shop is on a different account & hookup - apparently that is somehow required. I pay $20 per month just for the service hookup :rolleyes:, and $1.64 per month for the electricity used by the freezer and when I sometimes turn on the lights (apparently the freezer uses about 30 watts during the winter.
My shop used to be on a separate service. It was a cabinet shop and I am sure that was for tax purposes on the business.

You may be able to have the meter removed and connected to the main house, unless you are using it for business purposes.

I don't drink - haven't for decades. Even if I wanted to, I can't due to my heart meds.

Advil is ibuprofen. You are thinking of Aleve.

I've tried Aleve - it did nothing for me. I've tried them all (I once had a morphine IV for a kidney stone - it was the only time I was ever completely without pain - for 4 hours - it was glorious, but obviously not a long term solution).

Sometimes I have to take Oxy, but usually the OTC meds like Tylenol/Aspirin works for me, and the Robaxin muscle relaxant is sometimes needed when I have muscle issues (spasms, etc.). I need to see a neurologist to get some nerve pain meds (Neurotonin - recommended by my chiro).
Have you tried Turmeric? My mother-in-law had hip replacement surgery and the doctor had her on 3 or 4 capsules 3 times a day. I've used it for years, but not in that high of doses. But my doctor said it was much better than taking the standards based on the effects on the liver. I'm sure with your amount of pain, it probably wouldn't be enough alone, but it may be a good supplement to reduce some of the other liver-stressing meds. It's just a natural anti-inflammatory.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top