JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20180324_171517.jpg

Laid out and inventoried the wife and I's car stashes. Restocked and improved first aid kits, dog food, flash lights, fire starting abilities, defense, and clothing.

Also worked out a plan for how to meet up if the quake hits when she is at work.

Feeling much better.

Excellent. My husband and I work about 1/2 mile away from each other. The plan is I wait and he comes to get me. We head home together.

We purchased this yesterday for the BOV. Looking forward to exploring some dirt roads north. Also received a new door panel and rubber floor for the cab, but he hasn't had time to install them yet. The only thing to do on the interior is heated bucket seats and new stereo. Retexturing the drywall and prepping for new paint and flooring on the house is taking precedence.

01ARG051607_Ruggedized_Series_Autana_3_with_Annex_Olive_Green_Roof_Top_Tent_HERO_1000x.jpg

Yesterday I loaded my first 500 rounds of 9mm.

It actually took me months to understand the process and get everything dialed in. It was a great way to unwind and feel useful/prepared.

Yesterday I loaded my first 500 rounds of 9mm.

It actually took me months to understand the process and get everything dialed in. It was a great way to unwind and feel useful/prepared.
Back before the internet it took the average reloader about a year to figure out how to make the ram go up and down.

Mounted 3 five # fire extinguishers in the shop in strategic spots.

I have two left for the house, just not sure exactly where to mount them that they don't look ugly, are not in the way, and yet are convenient for handling fires.

The house extinguishers just sit on the floor at my place. Almost out of site, they are unobtrusive! :)

I went ahead and ordered one of these from Grab-a-Gun:

ttYDFMi.png

A new Smith & Wesson, Model 29, "Classic", with a 6½" barrel, and chambered in .44 Magnum. (Suddenly I feel the urge to squint a lot, talk in a gravely voice, and question punks about their degree of luck.)

I stashed pre-packaged hygiene kits in a prep box. I bought two for each gender type. They come packaged kind of like an MRE. At five-ish bucks a pop, they would be handy to store in various places. They look like this:

goinqbF.jpg AlyBg3o.jpg

Beyond that, ordered a few more magazines for the vz61 SBR. And has soon as we can get the potato-heads down for a nappy, I can do some more reading on prep books, as well as other things. :)

Picked up a front piece of AR500 armor. On sale at Midway. Need the back piece and carrier, but going to wait and see if this 10x12 shooters cut even fits me, or if I need an 8x10. Feel a little silly, but would feel more sillier if I got shot.

Put an offer in on a house big enough to have a small garden. Not enough for long term, but would supplement supplies and poaching, errr hunting .

More testing on the 100W solar-powered-power supply for the ham shack. HF bands are poor, so not much time keying the mic. The LED lamps work just fine. AGM battery is holding at full charge. These next cloudy days will be a good trial period.

Gonna find USB phone chargers and some Anderson connectors this week.

IMG_20180403_224304127_HDR.jpg

More testing on the 100W solar-powered-power supply for the ham shack. HF bands are poor, so not much time keying the mic. The LED lamps work just fine. AGM battery is holding at full charge. These next cloudy days will be a good trial period.

Gonna find USB phone chargers and some Anderson connectors this week.

View attachment 446843
The dollar store has most all of the standard USB/phone charging cords.. for a dollar.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top