JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@pdempsey1097, thanks. It sounds interesting to me too. I have no idea if it is good or unhelpful yet, but I will provide a review once read. I've found that, probably like most genre's, but maybe more so, the preparedness books are all over the map in quality.

Parenthetically, and I should say these lists are not exhaustive, but I have a couple review lists/posts here and here. They are old posts, but I am just passing them along in the off-chance they are some help. Cheers. :)

Over the past few months, I educated a coworker and helped her navigate the processes to get her WA State CPL, legally purchase a Glock 19, get some ammo and ancillary items, and get re-trained (she owned a pistol many moons ago).

Drive 590 miles yesterday to bring this home. Hoping it makes for lighter work in maintaining the acreage.
Lost link

I've found that it's a bit of an odd duck. Only made for 1 year but shares parts with the Big Bear, 4-Moto, and Terra models. Has a manual transmission, reverse, hi/low range, locking rear diff, aux cooling fan, huge front rack, and a factory flatbed over that long rear swingarm. It's a bit of a project but the buy-in was right. Spent the last 22 years on a farm so I have plenty to set right.

Last Edited:
I put in IED's around my house and have Zombies chained up to entire fence line.

Real funny. Are you prepping for anything real?
Since we're currently in the process of civilizational/societal collapse, you might want to look-up things like the 1972 MIT/Club of Rome Limits to Growth study, of which their "business as usual" scenario is still tracking accurately (we start hitting the wall... About now). Why do you think our society currently makes a big deal about fracking, when the reality is that conventional oil production has peaked? Or the fantasy that this culture keeps telling itself: That we're "going to Mars" (we're not, BTW)?

Just the melting of the Arcitc sea ice alone is worse than any scientific projections. In other words, if you have long-term storage food and we get an ice-free Arctic this summer or next (the first time in human history) You better run, not walk to the nearest Costco or WalMart for even more, due to the (current) self-reinforcing feedback loops that will accelerate. The ability to grow food in the Northern Hemisphere will be severely disrupted. 2010 was a dress rehearsal: It disrupted global food production and sparked the so-called "Arab Spring."

2010 Northern Hemisphere summer heat waves - Wikipedia

Maybe:D. Hope I never need it.

Isn't that what preparedness is all about? Having one, and hopefully never needing it?

Otherwise, what's the point in having your out-in-the country doomstead? We live in the suburbs in a sustainable location where I have three different types of military wire obstacle, along with a bubblegumload of USGI sandbags, etc.

I bought a steel striker, char-cloth, flints. So far, I have successfully caught the char-cloth on fire with it. I have picked up two more steel strikers just to see how they compare to the inexpensive one I got.

Now, you may be asking yourself why I bought char-cloth when it is so easy to make? Good question ..... because I wanted to see what properly done char-cloth looked like. What I got is not so brittle that it falls apart and catches sparks and stays lit very well. I also tried it with my ferro rod and it was really nice. Now I know what good char-cloth looks like, now I can try my hand at making some. Probably might even make some char-punk-wood down the road.

Next, you might be asking yourself why I bought a striker steel when you can make them out of old files? Another excellent question. The reason for buying already made strikers is, I had read many reports of people who got old files, even well regarded ones for this purpose like Nicholson files. Problem seems to be, many of them are now made out of alloy and not true high carbon steel which is what you need. So, I decided to just skip the frustration part and get ones that work. Maybe later on, I will try my hand at making some.

Then possibly your final question might be, why did you buy flint? Well, it seems all the cool kids use (said in a snobby bad accent) English black flint ........ so I wanted to be cool and because those in the "know" say it works.:cool: But mostly because I wanted something that I knew was supposed to work.

However, I will try using rocks I find around my place to see how they perform. Seems like they will be just fine.

So, that's what I did. Thanks for asking.:D

I don't recall asking! :p:D

Yooou! Why I oughta! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

giphy.gif

:p:D

20180309_171145.jpg
Picked up a couple of these Cold Steel "axe gang" (that's apparently what the chinese characters mean) hand axes, and ordered some reciever blocks, as well as some budget friendly throwing knives. I'm a bit out of practice, but not long ago I was able to consistently hit something about the size of a fist from about 30 feet, and would like to return to that level. Same with hatchets.
PT and the usual jog as well. Cooking dinner. Also ordered some more AR tools.

View attachment 438241
Picked up a couple of these Cold Steel "axe gang" (that's apparently what the chinese characters mean) hand axes, and ordered some reciever blocks, as well as some budget friendly throwing knives. I'm a bit out of practice, but not long ago I was able to consistently hit something about the size of a fist from about 30 feet, and would like to return to that level. Same with hatchets.
PT and the usual jog as well. Cooking dinner. Also ordered some more AR tools.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top