JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are a Jeep family. Have had everything from a '65 Gladiator to a '70 Grand Wagoneer to a 2014 JK and Grand Cherokee. About 5-6 CJs in-between. Never a Willy's, though. Drove away from our wedding in a '79 CJ-5. All of the kids have Jeeps also.

Thats funny Angie we were the opposite!

In order

49 CJ-3A Dad only had this for a couple years it was a total rust bucket parts used on
48 CJ-2A on 56 CJ5 frame and suspension Dad fixed up drove to work 63 to 70 I drove in high school 74-76 parked since 76 (this is the one I am currently building)

65 Wagoneer 6cly 3 on the tree UGLY YELLOW ran for almost 300K MOM's car

70 J3000 Gladiator Buick 350 turbo 350 Metallic Green Dads truck ran it until selling it sometime in the early 80's I think

57 Willys Wagon 226 stock drive train My first auto purchase didn't last long rolled it parted out

43 MB Studie 327 blown engine bought by little bro for $200 sold for $1000 still with blown engine.

73 CJ5 SBC Mud racer bought by other little bro he owned it for near 15 years it was on the road less then 6 months out of that time had 3-4 engines in it.

84 Grand Wagoneer Youngest bros wifes car

55 CJ-5 Youngest bros project details unknown as he's a crazy religious freak that weirds me out so I stay clear LOL

2000? Grand Cherokee my daughters car currently sitting with blow head gasket.

I think that's it for the family

Well not necessarily today to prep, more along the lines of prepping to prep:

Walmart has a price rollback on Kerr pint canning jars. $5 per flat (12 jars). Picked up some.

As of 10am, the South Salem store had about a half pallet left. In the row on the right hand most traffic aisle, towards the right side of the store (with there other specials on pallets sized display).

Pretty decent price, they won't go bad, and will be handy to have for when we start wet canning. Whenever that might be.

Bought an 80% finished lower from Brownell's for $35 with free shipping. Just because. ;)

As soon as I checked out, it went out of stock. I wonder if I got the last one or I will receive an email telling me it's currently out of stock.......

One thing I've done over the years is load up a tablet with a steady stream of preparedness-related ebooks and read them at times that would otherwise be a waste. In addition to more focused study with hardcopy books, it has worked to get through a lot of material. The Nexus 7 I'm using is showing signs that it is about to give up the ghost, so I acquired a Kindle and started loading it up accordingly. I've got a few books to work through on there now and will add more later. :)

So pretty much every room in the house had a bookshelf or a pile of books in it. I finally got the bug in the bonnet to put all of the preparedness-related books into one small shelf for consolidation or, to borrow a phrase from Freddies, "one stop shopping." :)

View attachment 407551
My wife's only request for the new house is a library so I'm hoping she shares a shelf that I can set up like yours. She has hundreds and hundreds of books in storage. Teacher wives are nerds.

My wife's only request for the new house is a library so I'm hoping she shares a shelf that I can set up like yours. She has hundreds and hundreds of books in storage. Teacher wives are nerds.

You are correct, teacher wives are nerds (*cough* @TeacherSmurf). However, I am nerd (of sorts) too, as well as a confirmed bibliophile, so we get along well enough. :D

Seriously. Didn't ask for a fancy kitchen or a big closet (even though she's getting them anyway), just a library. I'm keeping her. And yes, she has a sister but you don't want anything to do with that trainwreck.

....getting the new pistol sighted in....

IMG_1704.jpg IMG_1726.jpg IMG_1701.jpg

One thing I've done over the years is load up a tablet with a steady stream of preparedness-related ebooks and read them at times that would otherwise be a waste. In addition to more focused study with hardcopy books, it has worked to get through a lot of material. The Nexus 7 I'm using is showing signs that it is about to give up the ghost, so I acquired a Kindle and started loading it up accordingly. I've got a few books to work through on there now and will add more later. :)

That's clever!

I have a survival library and 10 years of American Survival Guide magazines! They have a wealth of information!

Last Edited:
Picked up some of those 27 gal totes from Home Depot at $7. They seem pretty decent for what they are!

Also bought some foam sealing tape (like what you'd put around old wood drafty windows). Put the foam tape around the top of the totes to help mitigate moisture/bug infestatation. They end up sealing pretty well. Gear inside lawn/leaf bags inside the "sealed" tote, with some desicants in the bag...pretty decent storage.

Did some amazon'n and picked up:

10oz 91% isopropyl alcohol spray bottles 6/$15 shipped. These are super handy for all kinds of things, hygiene in particular. Can't seem to locate them easily in brick & mortar stores. Hmmmm...

Iso "HEET" fuel line treatment (the red bottles), $2.20ish per bottle shipped (add on item).

4oz 2 pack liquid lanolin $15 shipped. Supposedly mixes well with the red "HEET". For treating brass for reloading.

Cyber Monday picked up some Carhardt rip stop scrub tops. They are excellent scrubs, and great everyday workwear as well (depending on what your doing). Also make for excellent PJ's - with plenty of pockets for if you have to get up and go in the middle of the night.

Highly recommend the Carhardt rip stop scrubs!

Got a decent nap in today, headed in for some graveyard training (on my day off...). Oh well.

Secured another ISP of X-treme bullets; rebate for free brass.;)

Conducted a route reconnaissance; N along I-5 from Tualatin to Vancouver Barracks, then a mounted road March SW to the patrol base....:D

Went to the dentist; not so good news.... :confused:

Processed brass after supper :cool:.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class