JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ordered a couple of Ruger brand magazines. The ones Cabela's sells need to go in the trash. They suck. Unfortunately, those are the only kind they sell. So, had to order some online :mad: $$$$

My man picked up a nice wide mouth tool bag to put my tire chains in, so that I don't have to have an ugly box in my Jeep. Tensioners fit in it also, along with a couple of hand tools.

So I hit the Beast and Beast Jr. for 45 minutes this morning while the family was still sleeping. The 60 pounder is nice, I can work with more volume in less than half the reps and time.

Later I finished sizing several hundred pieces of LC Match 7.62 brass; I'll finish processing and then top them with 168 BTHP bullets.

I shot the better-half's (@TeacherSmurf) new carry gun (Ruger LCP II) a bit. Info and impressions:

• I ran a 50-round box of 95 grain, ball cartridges through it.
  • The magazines were three factory 6-rounders, one factory 7-rounder, and an aftermarket 10-round extended magazine.
  • No failures to feed, fire, or eject occurred.
  • The action and controls are smooth.
  • The trigger isn't bad. It has a Glock-style trigger safety.
  • The sights are good by the standards of pocket autos. I had no problem hitting the range gongs if I did my part.
  • Conclusion: it appears to be a solid, deep concealment carry piece.
I also did some much needed practice with my full-sized, .357 Magnum revolver. I shot up a mix of Armscor .38 Special and loose full-house .357 Mag cartridges.

I think I need to find a better pair of shooting glasses and will research that today.

And when the kids settle down, I will do some more reading on the various prep-related books I started earlier in the month.

Last Edited:
Greased my danners and replaced worn out laces..

1511135042056-756067282.jpg

Finished up my first batch of 50 wax slugs. For a first time making these, I'm pleased with the results. Went faster than I thought. I'd like to make up more. Make for good inexpensive defensive loads.

I cut open a 20g slug just to see how it turned out inside.

06D6A460-0743-49C0-9E03-A5E2F8FFE642.jpeg

F942BB11-CE6C-4E92-90DF-CC979F98A18C.jpeg

9BBC85B9-920B-47FA-8CCB-1FB25F2E8B51.jpeg

Bought two today. They are nice, cheap, clean white light and I like the focus. The bad - my cheap Peak 10W 500 lumen rechargeable spotlight from Bimart is brighter and lights up farther. Both of my not so cheap Stanley FatMax 500 lumen rechargeable spotlights also are brighter and carry farther. The downside to the spotlights is lack of focus adjustment. None of them are brighter than my Thor 10,000,000 candlepower xenon rechargeable spotlight, but it weighs a ton. It was a little foggy tonight, so I am going to try again another day and try all of my handheld flashlights for distance and brightness. Yes, I will admit that I have a flashlight fetish. Haven't spent hundreds of dollars on a weapons light yet, but I am sure it is coming.
Final test of Costco 1000 lumen flashlight. All of my rechargeable spotlights had a better range at 500 rated lumens. The Costco beat all of my small handheld and adjustable flashlights 250 - 600 lumens. I do really like the focus on the Costco, the focused brightness for width is better than any of my other flashlights. If you want to light up large portions of your yard, it works great. For around $15 on sale, it is a very good bargain.

Well when I first saw this thread again in the feed I was thinking I didn't do anything today to prep... But I spent several hours studying for my national registry EMT-B test which I take in a couple weeks... So I think that counts.

Oh, And I bought 10 pounds of peanuts which is about a months supply :D

Not really for prep but I got two of these flash lights at Costco they are awesome we been using them in the front yard at night when let the dog out to do his thing they light up the yard 1000 lumes I'm going to buy a few more View attachment 404474 View attachment 404475
Thanks for the heads up on these... they are a bargain. I bought one last week, and now that I know I like em, I will get a few more next time I'm there... One for each car, and couple for around the house. Power went out the other night and it sure was handy.

I went to the Puyallup gun show, and while I didn't get anything of note to prep, the wife and I got a few more hours of listening time in on a book series that I VERY highly recommend....

9D607CCE-0B63-484F-A2BE-EE6050D95E8B-688-00000177DABE4429_tmp.jpg
We are on book 2.."One Year After" and book 3 "The Final Day", is on deck.
Extremely good reads(or listen if you go the Audible route like us)..
Gives valuable insight into what can/will happen if we are struck by EMP's or otherwise loose power for an extended period of time.
We've been making excuses to take extended drives so we can have a good long listen.

valuable insight into what can/will happen if.....

Great topic!

I wrote a graduate-school paper about what would or must happen; regarding military protocols, directives, and actions, and the actions of the various emergency management agencies, if a dirty bomb was effectively-deployed over a major metro area in the US.

The first cut was 24+ pages...got it down to the limit of 18 pages with 9 or 10 appendices.....

I relied mostly on the 4 skill levels of my military training; Chemical, Biological, Radiological (CBR) for everything except the thesis...then blended it together with CFR44, CPG101, and the Emergency Management Handbook.

Of course I blew the socks off my civilian professor; but even I was overtaken with what would be the realities as I wrote the APA masterpiece... :D

Being killed, injured, poisoned, lost, alone; thrown out of our comfort zones, or into the proximity of strangers in a matter of seconds!

An individual's survival, continuity of government, military protocols, the widespread destruction of people, infrastructure, and our beautiful planet.

Mankind against the Institution
Mankind against the Elements
Mankind against Him/herself.

:eek:

I finally got around to waterproofing my old anorak. Made up a batch a the good stuff with a dollop of boiled linseed oil, a splash of paint thinner and a couple of 1960's era wax toilet rings that were lying around. Brushed it on while still liquid and hit it with a heat gun. I be pimpin now!

net grab of an anorak but mine is way better.. it's very waterproof. lol

12471-61-top.jpg

Certaindeaf: Could you write up a post on your secret formula water proofing stuff which is secret? We need to re water proof and water proof a bunch of clothing. Thank you. :)

Since national ammo buying day was Sunday and our local friendly fully ammo stocked gun shop is closed on Sunday, Saturday we bought up another brick of sub sonic .22 ammo which is probably just standard velocity .22 rf ammo repackaged and made more expensive.

Can you even get a .22rf suppressor hot enough to boil off the rain water? We will find out. Much fun. Also give us a chance to test our new suppose ing ly water proof jackets. It is important to remember that in SW OR USA we rust and do not tan. That is all. More later.

Equal paragraph length impossible. Also sometimes Linux Mint 17 speell chzk stinks because it does not work. Defaults to British English which is a totally different foreign language common to lots of folks separated by a big deep ocean and is useless knowledge for sure.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. Silence is golden. Elite Iron Echo 6" cans.:)

Monday, 20 November, 2017. About 12.45 pm. The well known and greatly appreciated usual UPS guy delivered a small quantity of ammo for our M1 Carbines and Browning High Powers. Now have enough training ammo for both platforms to run up some training. Probably will wait for a break in the rain which may not occur until May. That is all. :)

Mankind against the Institution
Mankind against the Elements
Mankind against Him/herself.

:eek:
Most people don't think about all of those... It goes way beyond the basic necessities for survival... a grid down scenario from an emp would put us way further back than just to the time before electricity. Our infrastructure has been "upgraded" to the point that it is extremely fragile and 100% dependent on electricity and daily delivery of nececities from all over the world. Without that the dominos fall. People have become so soft and dependent on tech that few would survive.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews