JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FINALLY, (is there really such a word?) got our SUMMERTIME wildfire big multiple heavy 7-10 day vehicle bug out bags reconfigured from hot dry summer conditions consisting of mostly water and bug free shady space to WINTERTIME earthquake conditions. NOW mostly warm dry clothing and some way to stay not wet. The autumn monsoons have hit SW OR USA with a vengeance.

Seems we could not find all the older dry winter clothing. Apparently it MAY have been mistakenly given to the second hand stores. Anyhow, had some fun shopping for NEW long johns, socks, hats and gloves suited for some non fun 7-10 day stays out in the cold wet snowy woods. Camping out in such was much easier when much younger. But .... still fun reformatting everything.

It is still much fun and a silly challenge to try to exactly equalize each paragraph length. Yeah, yeah, a dumb endeavor but it keeps me out of bars. :) :)

Not really for prep but I got two of these flash lights at Costco they are awesome we been using them in the front yard at night when let the dog out to do his thing they light up the yard 1000 lumes I'm going to buy a few more IMG_20171111_141213.jpg MVIMG_20171111_141239.jpg

Replaced an oil cooler line, engine oil & filter, O2 sensor (code 141), and fuel filter.

301,510 original miles; gotta get all the "toothpaste" out of that "tube".

Gonna sign off on wrestling a beached whale for the day too...

:s0100:

I started reading The Hammer Rings Hope: Photos and Stories from Fifty Years of Mennonite Disaster Service, by Lowell Detweiler. Though not directly prep-related, it is about the disaster relief efforts of said organization. :)

Took my new PSA AR carbine to the range this afternoon, I'm impressed so far. Functioned flawlessly for about 50 rounds and I got a pretty good zero. Found it on the classified ads here.

Now my aging eyes are telling me a scope is in order. Anyone need some shell fishing gear?

I feel your pain brother, I'm scheduling cataract surgery before Christmas...:(
And purchasing a nice 1x6x32 AR scope.

This is NOT our fault. But ... well, maybe it is. While in Grants Pass Oregon many years ago we stopped at that big neat cool surplus store going South out of Dodge heading home to Tome Stone and bought four, (4) HUGE commercial duffle bags. Big ones. The idea at that time was to use them for big big vehicle 14 day Wildfire relocation emergency boggie bags. Wow!

Filling them all up with bug out goodies has been ongoing FUN. Each bag now weights too much! Probably at least 100 pounds each. There are four, (4) of them. Already said that. Every time we are in town or at the local whatever stores in Cave Junction OR we look around and usually, (not always) find and buy cheap another widget or gadget for the now winter time bags.

So .... they are not strictly wild fire bags now. Wintertime. Rain. Rain. Maybe snow. Did I mention rain? But ... now we just say there are EARTHQUAKE big big 14 day vehicle relocation boggie bags. They are getting very full indeed. Full full. Recently we just had to have more candles and fire starters. Another stuffed in heavy second heavy coat. IT NEVER ENDS! FUN! :)

Establishing exactly equal length paragraphs is futile ... but fun. :)

Picked up another box of .45cal-230g plated bullets (180g-.40 Cal sold out :oops:) and an 8"AR500 steel gong.

Xtreme bullets on sale (@%20 off) and a rebate for free brass; 100ct.
They load, go pop, and fly just like XTPs and FMJs....;)

Just bought another 400 rounds of 9mm Blazer Brass 124 grain fmj $8.97 a box - Bimart sale. Also ordered 500 Hornady 62 grain .224 match HPs - Midsouth Shooters Supply exclusive. Probably should have ordered the 1500 pack, but going to be busy enough this winter reloading what I already have.

Spent a few hours at the range. I think I am finally getting use to the XS Big Dot sights on the G26. They take some getting use to but I can sure see that front sight.

Not really for prep but I got two of these flash lights at Costco they are awesome we been using them in the front yard at night when let the dog out to do his thing they light up the yard 1000 lumes I'm going to buy a few more View attachment 404474 View attachment 404475
Bought two today. They are nice, cheap, clean white light and I like the focus. The bad - my cheap Peak 10W 500 lumen rechargeable spotlight from Bimart is brighter and lights up farther. Both of my not so cheap Stanley FatMax 500 lumen rechargeable spotlights also are brighter and carry farther. The downside to the spotlights is lack of focus adjustment. None of them are brighter than my Thor 10,000,000 candlepower xenon rechargeable spotlight, but it weighs a ton. It was a little foggy tonight, so I am going to try again another day and try all of my handheld flashlights for distance and brightness. Yes, I will admit that I have a flashlight fetish. Haven't spent hundreds of dollars on a weapons light yet, but I am sure it is coming.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top