JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seemed like it was taking forever and then we hit a point and the principle started to really drop.

About five years ago we paid off our house, a second mortgage and the only car we owed on, in the space of about two months! That was a thrill! This was a fun subject till someone mentioned the property taxes! That's a lot of money for the dubious pleasure of living in this communist paradise.

I "only" have 9. You are much worse than me. ;-) Probably on par with you on ammo.

Keep working at it - you will get there.

Really, I need to stop coming to NWFA - I keep running across these deals I can't pass up. I have three 10/22s (they are each different - one is a std., another a takedown, the third is one I have always wanted, a stainless International).

Going to try out the American today. If the HPA passes I may send it off to have an integral suppressor installed.

Keep working at it - you will get there.

Really, I need to stop coming to NWFA - I keep running across these deals I can't pass up. I have three 10/22s (they are each different - one is a std., another a takedown, the third is one I have always wanted, a stainless International).

Going to try out the American today. If the HPA passes I may send it off to have an integral suppressor installed.

Well Heretic, it's a small enough addiction! Could be "liquor, wild women and song!" :D
I need to try out my little Ruger .22 revolver! It's already done it's job, keeping me company, though!

We'll, I didn't technically do it today but I documented it today. This week I finished the new fence for my upper property line at new location A.
View attachment 394514 View attachment 394515
Luckily I only had to drive about 40 posts through thast rocky ground. Permits are now in order and excavation is supposed to begin next week. Gonna be a nice view. The stars out here are amazing.

Edit: Forgot to add, went to my first local gun show this morning. Relatively speaking, it was good. Just didn't have what I was looking for. I'll make it a regular thing. These locals are great folk.

Last Edited:
Well Heretic, it's a small enough addiction! Could be "liquor, wild women and song!" :D
I need to try out my little Ruger .22 revolver! It's already done it's job, keeping me company, though!
Ha! Have had a Ruger SR22 compact for years, purchased a M&P 15/22 and then put an integrated barrel in it (Innovative Arms). While I waited for that (itchy don't you know) I bought a Ruger take down to plink with. An addiction is still an addiction!

I finally convinced a friend in West Portland to get off his butt and be more prepared for his family.

If everybody were prepared, emergencies and disasters would be less of an emergency or disaster.

That's a good job, ATC, and fully important enough to post here! A reminder to us all to help our friends and neighbors to be more ready for what may come. We have new neighbors across the street, and I need to warn them about our location at the mouth of the Columbia River Gorge. We get the real winter poo shot at us down the gorge, ice, wind and snow. The rest of the greater metropolitan area will have rain while we have a half inch of ice on everything. Gotta share my knowledge! ;)

Processed 875 pieces of frustrated brass; rewarding but tiresome.

90% of it going to pay forward at the range on Monday....custom leather holsters, belts, and sheaths are a good trade. :D

Changed the hydraulic oil in the family tractor on Friday; 300 hour service. Cost is just over $150 for 12 gallons of oil and 2 filters....:oops:

20171001_113223.jpg

This thread reminds me of the old joke when a Mormon miss America was chosen........" do you know why the new miss America doesn't have any skeletons in her closet? Is is full of food storage".............. good job guys, as always, we need to be responsible for and capeable of insuring our families survival. And those old Mormons were pretty bright.

I suppose i could eat them too If worse came to worse
Fredball Whatever you do dont eat the dog biscuits/cookies. They can cause death. I had a friend that thought they would be a good snack source and had them in his shirt pocket 24/7. When he felt a need to munch out would come a dog biscuit/cookie. This went on for over a year before he died. Yes it seems he was sitting on the couch watching TV and leaned over to lick himself and fell off the couch and broke his neck. Beware and be safe. :)

Fredball Whatever you do dont eat the dog biscuits/cookies. They can cause death. I had a friend that thought they would be a good snack source and had them in his shirt pocket 24/7. When he felt a need to munch out would come a dog biscuit/cookie. This went on for over a year before he died. Yes it seems he was sitting on the couch watching TV and leaned over to lick himself and fell off the couch and broke his neck. Beware and be safe. :)
Better he brake his own neck than some break it for him as he sniffs their butt in greeting:D.

I got to do some more shooting with what will soon be a new (at least to me) carry piece (a stainless Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP). Random observations:

• It is surprisingly accurate for a pocket gun. I had two small gongs setup at different ranges and I had no problem making them dance.
  • The sights are OK. Certainly better than many pocket autos, but not as good as larger handguns.
  • I put 55 rounds of 95-grain ball ammo through it. There were (2) malfunctions. Both were with the factory 7-round magazine with thumbrest, both were FTE, and both were on the second round in the magazine. The other two magazines (7-round factory and 7-shot Mec Gar) ran flawlessly.
  • The DA trigger pull sucks. Granted, the degree of suckage is consistent with other DA triggers and is actually better than the Walther P1 I have.
  • The SA trigger pull was very nice and crisp.
  • Recoil was pretty mild. It wasn't much more than the .32 ACP pistols we have at the present.
  • Operating the controls (safety, hammer, mag release) was easy enough. I prefer a safety that is pressed down (à la the 1911) rather than the decocker/push-up type, but it is no biggie.
  • I think I will order a few more magazines.
Beyond that, I started a book on disaster preparedness for IT operations, picked up some more canned items, and did some more homework on a transferable buzz-gun, though the latter is really a fun-gun project rather than preparations.

Last Edited:
I like classic guns......my 380 (spends most of the time in the safe) is a Mauser HSC. Everyone that handles it is amazed at the smoothness, fit finish and ease of operation. That gun, like your PPK was designed in the 30's. Good design and quality manufacture always work.

My father-in-law, a fellow amateur-radio operator (he is licensed Extra) dropped this off recently:

pipe.jpg

It is a very large antenna (shown next to a hoe for size comparison) for our 2m/70cm rig. He tells me it should also work for a GMRS project we're working on too. More about that project, with pictures, in the near future. :)

A little envious. I've got a nice compound bow and all the tackle, but an arthritic shoulder has ended archery for me. In my boat getting a crossbow would be useless. :( Dang, I love my toys......er... tools, that's what they are, tools! And I don't love them, I use and respect and put them away when done! Yeah...that's it! ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top