JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Weiner roast at Heretic's place!!!

I'll supply the wieners, anybody who comes has to supply the muscle. We can have a work party.

I am always thinking that if I knew how much work this place would be I would not have bought it. But I am glad I did. If nothing else I am building a lot of sweat equity.

Still, when I retire, I am going to be older yet, and not as inclined to take on the work when I sell this property and start a new one.

I'll supply the wieners, anybody who comes has to supply the muscle. We can have a work party.

I am always thinking that if I knew how much work this place would be I would not have bought it. But I am glad I did. If nothing else I am building a lot of sweat equity.

Still, when I retire, I am going to be older yet, and not as inclined to take on the work when I sell this property and start a new one.
Machinery..........as you get older, it is all about big diesel machines.

Machinery..........as you get older, it is all about big diesel machines.

Tell me about it.

2iuool4.jpg

It took me a week using this to get a lot of work done this summer, but I have then been spraying on the weekends to keep the brambles from returning and I will be spraying next spring until I don't see brambles anymore. I have also been harrowing and picking up limbs and other trash.

2jg544p.jpg

And then I have to burn them like I did today.

I am still cutting logs up into firewood from when I thinned three years ago. And then when we have a windstorm like last winter, I have yet more logs to cut up into firewood. The work is never ending. Whenever I spend a weekend doing nothing, I feel guilty for relaxing because there is so much I should be doing.

I ordered a variety pack of garden seeds through Amazon. Just opened it today. Heh.

One of their big selling points is: "Over 15,000 seeds!".

Chia pet, anyone? Maybe the stuff is edible, but how many people could I expect to feed with it?

Edit: The owner of the seed company contacted me, and says he's going to change the amount of chia seeds in his "15,000 seeds" pack. Seems like a good guy.

5448629B-1025-479D-B454-1395803A3277.jpeg

Last Edited:
I ordered a variety pack of garden seeds through Amazon. Just opened it today. Heh.

One of their big selling points is: "Over 15,000 seeds!".

Chia pet, anyone? Maybe the stuff is edible, but how many people could I expect to feed with it?

View attachment 394998
I eat chia seeds. Put them in my breakfast smoothies and sometimes in my granola. Very nutritious and help you retain water so you don't get dehydrated. Good for hikes. I wouldn't know how to grow them, though, except on a clay head. :p

Btw, I don't know how much your seed bag was, but I buy 2 pounds of chia seeds for about $10. :D

Bought a small fireproof safe. Just finished grinding the casters off it it so it can be properly mounted down at a remote location. Never have all your eggs in one basket. o_O

I eat chia seeds. Put them in my breakfast smoothies and sometimes in my granola. Very nutritious and help you retain water so you don't get dehydrated. Good for hikes. I wouldn't know how to grow them, though, except on a clay head. :p

Btw, I don't know how much your seed bag was, but I buy 2 pounds of chia seeds for about $10. :D

LOL!!! Angie, I just pulled up your profile to PM you to make sure you and your hubby hadn't went to Las Vegas for the concert and been caught in that horrible mess! But, it said, you had been last seen today, and low and behold here you are! Glad you are safe! Steve :)

Tell me about it.

View attachment 394830

It took me a week using this to get a lot of work done this summer, but I have then been spraying on the weekends to keep the brambles from returning and I will be spraying next spring until I don't see brambles anymore. I have also been harrowing and picking up limbs and other trash.

View attachment 394831

And then I have to burn them like I did today.

I am still cutting logs up into firewood from when I thinned three years ago. And then when we have a windstorm like last winter, I have yet more logs to cut up into firewood. The work is never ending. Whenever I spend a weekend doing nothing, I feel guilty for relaxing because there is so much I should be doing.

I hear what you are saying, Heretic!

Hear what I'm saying....life is too short!!! Take a weekend off once in a while! You will survive longer! :)

I hear what you are saying, Heretic!

Hear what I'm saying....life is too short!!! Take a weekend off once in a while! You will survive longer! :)

Oh I do - I take off more weekends than I work. I did not work Saturday - complete couch potato that day. Come the rains, I won't be doing much. I just wanted to get this done because the wood was still dry and would burn - it is a real PIA trying to get wet wood to burn and keep it burning.

LOL!!! Angie, I just pulled up your profile to PM you to make sure you and your hubby hadn't went to Las Vegas for the concert and been caught in that horrible mess! But, it said, you had been last seen today, and low and behold here you are! Glad you are safe! Steve :)

That's nice of you to think of me :) Safe and sound. We DID go to see Jake Owen two nights earlier, here in Reno, though. He went down there after he left here. Concert venue is only 10 minutes away from the house, so we see a lot of shows.

Filled up 10 gallons of gas jugs today, topped off the big truck with diesel, picked up some ammo at Scheels and fed the birds. That's it for today. Now it's on to reading about the Sagebrush Rebellion :D

edit: forgot that I picked up a 3pack of chapstick for the hygiene box along with a 2 pack of 2032 batteries. I hate when those things go out. I can never remember to get them. They were at the checkout line, so I participated in the "impulse buy" marketing ploy.

Last Edited:
Ordered another 1000 rounds of 9MM and 45 ACP. The AR is good to go.
Bought 40 pounds of pup food to start a cycle. (it's for the gal on the right in my avatar. I lost the big guy in August this year)
Wife order some dry powder food stuff on Amazon. Picked up pinto beans and rice to go with the other food stuffs.
Have three GI gas cans that should be here soon.
It helps when the wife reads EMP and SHTF books. :p
Just got a call that my Dan Wesson 1911 is in. So it's range time tomorrow.

Got a cheap deal on steel wheels for my van and had snow tires premounted to secondary wheels.

So summer/winter tires on their own wheels vs always having to go to a tire shop. Now I can change them out myself. Last year learned that lesson. Trapped in snow for five days, huge lines everywhere to get tires mounted. Not this time.

Way to get a jump on the winter, Bert!

Took a few minutes to check out the generator. Going to add ten gallons of methanol free gas to the supply!

LOL!!! Going to have to have my son pour last winters gas into my truck! Too heavy for me now.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads