JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sitting in my office.

Got my new quad band TX/RX setup and listening on 147.037/442.325 mHz to a 'net' giving a multi-choice 'test' for Extra licenses.

I just have a mag mount with a 2M/70cm mobile antenna sitting on a steel laptop stand. I am picking up the 2M repeater from Sylvan hill in PDX - K7RPT and the 70cm repeater in Forest Grove, the latter much weaker - it is 125 watts vs. 500 watts in PDX.

Also my 4 band antenna arrived, but I was too impatient to put it together and used the dual band antenna instead.

So it seems to work. Got to learn how to work this and program it, but it is a start.

Yeah, that is quite the accomplishment. Most people will always have a mortgage of some sort.

I hope to get there is 3 to 5 years when I retire and sell my current house and property and then buy land further out and build on it with the equity I have - but it is an iffy thing.

Saw 80 acres for sale on Redfin yesterday, for less than $5K per acre, but it may not be very good land - it was mostly logged and cleared land with the slash piles still there. The cleared land looked like they did a decent job of cleanup, but they did not burn the slash piles and there are a lot of them. Also, it is not very flat land, but much less slope than what I currently own.

Picked up my second HAM radio. I now own 2 Wouxun sets and both are programmed identically (Thanks Darrol)! Picked up 100 rounds of .380 fmj for the pocket pistol and another 100 rounds of CCI stingers (.08/round at Bi-Mart in Lincoln City) - they had LOTS of 22 - some of it wasn't even behind the counter.

Worked a side gig for another $100 - once I get paid for that, I should be able to order 1,000 rounds of AR food:)

Found a food grade 55 gal drum with removable lid for dog food storage I put 2 50lb bags in it & will store it under the stairs

I put 1 box of cookies in it also

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads