JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This brings up something lol every war movie you watch they are always looking for coffee HEHEH SAVING PRIVATE RYAN ... BLACK HAWK DOWN so on and so on lol every body wants coffee before they have to go out and shoot some one MAYBE WE SHOULD BAN COFFEE NOT GUNS LOL

Got the Country Living grain mill & motor mounted onto its foundation. Next I get to take it apart again, to finish the foundation. Planning to put some beautiful leather on it.

Some things seem to take forever, but are worth the wait. Cornbread tonight!

IMG_1261.PNG

IMG_1262.PNG

I don't drink coffee. I have some in the freezer in a foil pack. I have some instant in a jar in the pantry. For trading or for family that needs it.

Brought home another 15 gallons of gas; filling up a 55 gallon drum I have a pump for. Another 15 gallons and it will be full. Then I will fill the cans again for more storage.

Cornbread never materialized. Somewhere in the day, our meal-planning took a hard left turn into a White Trash cookbook. Cornmeal was used to fry catfish and make hush puppies. More corn, on the cob, and some cheesy grits have made me fat and happy. Feels almost like I'm down home in Louisiana.

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG Got my first 11 eggs from my chickens. Ate them all with the wife and kids. Rhode Island Red and Easter egged laying. Still waiting on another egged and a buff Orpington to start laying so I can get up to 4 per day.

just returned from california, purchased for medicinal purposes, 2 case of makers mark, 3 cases canadian club rye, 1 case of Hennessey, 2 cases of Stoli Vodka. for trading, 100 Forty Creek whiskey, Airline size bottles.

I'm just the "buzy bee"; back to back preparedness posts...;)

Changed the sparkplugs, front brake pads, and the O2 sensor on the 98 k1500 (aka money pit). The O2 (1402) code has been active for about 5 years....finally gotter done.

Did the u joints on both drive lines last month.

Much cheaper than a new truck.

• Ran about 100 rounds (give or take) through the new Walther PPK/S to test things out.
  • Order another magazine for the aforementioned pistola.
  • Bought another wool army blanket.
  • Acquired even more canned corned beef. mmmm.
  • Loaded up the range bag for some shooting I'll be doing with the AR-15 SBR tomorrow.
  • Downloaded Hawaii's nuke guide though, frankly, it is nothing new.
  • Order another range gong. The primary one @ the home range is pretty much shot out.
  • Setup a new ammo storage can (paint, label, etc.).
  • Looked for, and bookmarked, some more NATO jerry cans. I need to take a count and move things around in the upper shed tomorrow before placing the order though.

Last Edited:
Ordered some Leupold binocs from Midway that were on sale for a good price - BX-2 Acadia compacts, 10x32mm for $90.

Got them yesterday.

Very nice. Clear, seem to have decent light, focus way down and up. Twist out eye cups. Plug in objective covers, covers for eye pieces, and a carrying case and strap.

I believe that if SHTF and I am away from home that I will need binocs whether on foot or in a vehicle to see trouble ahead before I get close to it on my way home. I have spotting scopes at home, including a Leupold 10-20x compact, but binocs would be good for more general work. I have a cheap pair of 8x20 but they are nowhere near as good as these Leupolds, although smaller and lighter.

Ordered some Leupold binocs from Midway that were on sale for a good price - BX-2 Acadia compacts, 10x32mm for $90.

Got them yesterday.

Very nice. Clear, seem to have decent light, focus way down and up. Twist out eye cups. Plug in objective covers, covers for eye pieces, and a carrying case and strap.

I believe that if SHTF and I am away from home that I will need binocs whether on foot or in a vehicle to see trouble ahead before I get close to it on my way home. I have spotting scopes at home, including a Leupold 10-20x compact, but binocs would be good for more general work. I have a cheap pair of 8x20 but they are nowhere near as good as these Leupolds, although smaller and lighter.

A good buy.

BINOs (as I refer to them) also help at night if/when NVGs are not available.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top