JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last night I checked and serviced every flashlight we own. Replaced some battery's and I found one with a burst AAA Duracell! This was not an old battery, perhaps 6-8 months! I caught it in time to save the battery pack with a good soak in in a baking soda solution.

Last Edited:
Last night I checked and serviced every flashlight we own. Replaced some battery's and I found one with a burst AAA Duracell! This was not an old battery, perhaps 6-8 months! I caught it in time to save the battery pack with a good soak in in a baking soda solution.
Would you share the recipe for the banking soda solution? I have a battery pack from a predator call I'd like to try to save. Thanks

Marking out your septic tank location is also a good idea so some dummy Fire Engineer does not run over it going off pavement in a 42,000 pound type one fire engine when he really should not have done so but was ordered by the Captain to do it. So he did. Poor judgment Yikes!! I will not name names. :)

Back to prepping. I did un box the spare propane cooking burner, plugged in the handy propane bottle and lit her up to make the early AM morning coffee and oatmeal. French roast, double strength, purified water. Old fashioned percolator coffee pot. Quick Oats. Everything worked just great. Yumm, yumm.

Marking out your septic tank location is also a good idea so some dummy Fire Engineer does not run over it going off pavement in a 42,000 pound type one fire engine when he really should not have done so but was ordered by the Captain to do it. So he did. Poor judgment Yikes!! I will not name names. :)

Back to prepping. I did un box the spare propane cooking burner, plugged in the handy propane bottle and lit her up to make the early AM morning coffee and oatmeal. French roast, double strength, purified water. Old fashioned percolator coffee pot. Quick Oats. Everything worked just great. Yumm, yumm.
Actual fire, or just an alarm (I hope...)?

I just filled the tank, applied rain-x to the windows, checked all fluids, changed oil and oil filter, and air filter. Been visiting family in California over a month away from home sweet home. Heading back up from socal to my neck of the boonies tomorrow morning. 1300 miles in 3 days, with the wife, two kids, and two dogs.
I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THE EFF OUTTA HERE!!! Was nice to see the family.. came down to help mother in law with cancer surgery. But cannot take another day in this cesspool. Prepping to get back to my safe space, home sweet home. Can't wait to do some freedom mag dumps in my backyard shooting range.

tmp_17922-IMG_20170220_085521463303390543.jpg

Some "paper work" :D

I did more work on the earthquake / "the big one" folder; checked off a few more items on the checklist. I also finally got some movement on installing a seismic valve on the propane tank. Hopefully the parts will be here soon, because a very large propane tank spewing flammable material would be, you know, bad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top