JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We tried yesterday, (does that count?) to TRY to inventory the rather packed up full pantry to see what we actually have. Failed. Too much shiet. Things have gotten out of hand. We are supposed to be "hammered" again with another 6 to 8 inches of snow this weekend and Monday. (wish I still could do that) :)

"The Imperial We" ... Not meant to be snotty. I use it instead of using "eye" which could also be mis interpreted as also being snotty, which it is not meant to be. Yikes! :)

PS: The storm is moving in. A 6 degree F temp drop in only 4 hours. Wow!

We tried yesterday, (does that count?) to TRY to inventory the rather packed up full pantry to see what we actually have. Failed. Too much shiet. Things have gotten out of hand. We are supposed to be "hammered" again with another 6 to 8 inches of snow this weekend and Monday. (wish I still could do that) :)

"The Imperial We" ... Not meant to be snotty. I use it instead of using "eye" which could also be mis interpreted as also being snotty, which it is not meant to be. Yikes! :)

PS: The storm is moving in. A 6 degree F temp drop in only 4 hours. Wow!

Time to start eating it up. Start from the back & work forwards...

Today, I've been prepping my brain. I started reading "The Leviathan" by Thomas Hobbes. If I'm prepping for societal collapse, I should have an idea of how people will react and why. Probably the most interesting concept I've read so far, is that the earth, and everything in it belongs to me. It also all belongs to you...at least as much of it as you can defend from me and vice versa. In order to keep as much as I can gather, I have to agree to let you keep as much as you can gather. This is called a social contract, where we give up some of our liberty to live together peacefully, leaving me at liberty to do anything except that expressly forbidden by law. Anyway, it's an interesting book for something written 500 years ago.

Went to Uwajimya, the large Asian grocery store, in Beaverton OR today.
Stocked up on gals of Kikoman lo sodium Soya Sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic chili paste, sweet chili sauce and other condiments.
Also, Korean mfg Ramen, (the best! :D). I know! Lots of sodium and palm oil!
All this stuff, excepting the Ramen, stores really well in my experience. The Ramen's good for about a year, tops, IMHO.
All this stuff will really make the neighbors poodle taste great! Best thing is we cook Asian a lot so all this stuff will get used in the normal course of events.

Replaced the wiper linkage and arms on the k1500 truck; 292k+ miles on the truck, so a trip to the "U Pull It" yard in Sherwood was the best option.:confused:

Speaking of wipers someone stole the wipers off my wife's car, and then replaced them with old crappy ones. I tried to be mad, but he took the time to replace them with his worn out ones. All I could think was, "Well played, Wiper Bandit, well played."

Went to Uwajimya, the large Asian grocery store, in Beaverton OR today.
Stocked up on gals of Kikoman lo sodium Soya Sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic chili paste, sweet chili sauce and other condiments.
Also, Korean mfg Ramen, (the best! :D). I know! Lots of sodium and palm oil!
All this stuff, excepting the Ramen, stores really well in my experience. The Ramen's good for about a year, tops, IMHO.
All this stuff will really make the neighbors poodle taste great! Best thing is we cook Asian a lot so all this stuff will get used in the normal course of events.

Nice! Thats a really good market. Used to hit that when we lived in Tigard ages ago.

Pic of the Ramen label, please, if u can. Thanks!

Prob can find similar down here.

Nice! Thats a really good market. Used to hit that when we lived in Tigard ages ago.

Pic of the Ramen label, please, if u can. Thanks!

Prob can find similar down here.

Here ya go!

IMG_0805.JPG

Sgt. Nambu: Have you ever had Mama ramen ? Its from Thailand and in particular Mama Duck flavor ramen is amazing. Nong Shim is good stuff too though.

As for my prep type stuff today
Ordered 3 of the Foxfire books, I figure if I order a few every month I should have the full set soon. Also picked up 10 30 cal ammo cans for storing ammo and making into lil faraday cage emp resistant storage boxes with my father in law.

Sighted-in a 4x12 Nikon Buckmaster.

Compound bow maintenance today. I crashed a Kutch archery-shoot last night (nice group of people). I found a few problems with the bow and had a new ripcord arrow rest installed.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top