JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Vat of chili canned last weekend...now making 10 lbs of teriyaki jerkey...2 1/2 days straight dehydration time. The house is going to smell great, but the doberman is going to wonder where the jackpot is.

20170215_164612.jpg

Dug some test holes on the hill and had a guy from the sanitation dept. come out for a perk test at future location A. Got the go-ahead for the septic and the excavation guy was pleasantly surprised that the hill was dirt instead of the rock we were all mostly expecting. Also got the first bid for concrete and I'm finding that building on a hillside with a basement ain't cheap. Lastly, hamered out a deal with the neighbor to access a water line that runs across his field from the irrigation pump to my property making my water rights actually usable. Unfortunately he's got his place up for sale but will be recording my easement so my future neighbors can't cut me off. Seems like a really cool old guy. kinda hope his place doesn't sell because I think he'd be a great neighbor.
Anyway, the plans are with the architect now to make the final changes and we hope to be laying in the new driveway and pushing dirt on the hill in a few weeks. The only potential complication I can foresee is with my tenant living in the house at the bottom of the hill. So far he's thrown a couple tantrums but I chatted with the property manager and I'm hoping she can reason with him. No matter really, he's supposed to be out in May.

At current location A I've continued my liquidation efforts. Sold my quad and a few small items last weekend and will continue my cleaning/organizing/pre-packing. Picking up some .22 and 12ga tomorrow and maybe some 54R as well.

Are you sure a sling is legal in you new state?o_O

:D
Until I have to register it January 1st, 2018 as an "assault sling". At which point I have to remove the sling's HK clips and tie it to the rifle with Converse Chuck Taylor tennis shoe laces (specifically CADOJ white only, high top length). Then I will be legal.

It's the only firearm I have left after the Oroville dam emergency spillway washed away my cargo trailer with the rest of my collection.

Brutus Out

Until I have to register it January 1st, 2018 as an "assault sling". At which point I have to remove the sling's HK clips and tie it to the rifle with Converse Chuck Taylor tennis shoe laces (specifically CADOJ white only, high top length). Then I will be legal.

It's the only firearm I have left after the Oroville dam emergency spillway washed away my cargo trailer with the rest of my collection.

Brutus Out
I say that's funny about the shoe lace but I'm afraid you may be serious :eek:

I've been addicted to food preservation and food prepping lately. I'm not really stockpiling or anything, mostly just learning the processes in case I ever need them. My new thing is curing meats with sodium nitrite (curing salt prague powder #1). So far I've made corned beef, pastrami, bacon, canadian bacon, buckboard bacon, ham, a venison haunch, and I even cured my thanksgiving turkey. Wet cures aren't great for long term storage, but can extend the life of meat from days to weeks and as long as months if kept cool. In the pic is a pastrami I did.

That's a damned good skill to have, and a barterable one as well!

Had 3 Tons of wood pellet fuel delivered

I would stay away from pellet stoves and stick with regular wood (after you've exhausted your current supply, of course). they're incredibly efficient, but require a manufactured product. Think multi-generational collapse (kind of like the one we're currently in). That's what I ultimately prep for.

As if I don't have enough of them (Love all the surplus Marine Corps day packs and new-condition ALICE packs out there), I bought another backpack: A Solid OD green (no camo patterns) MOLLE backpack for only $25.00. With a lifetime warranty! I saw it at WalMart, then looked it up online:

Outdoor:: Quest Day Pack - Day Packs - Everyday

$17.00 at their website (and free shipping)!! Sold out, however (go figure). In the picture, it looks a little gray, for some reason. However, it is a well thought-out civilian bag, to the point where I don't even really need to use the MOLLE loops for anything. The elastic water bottle pouch on the side is actually sized for a USGI-size one quart canteen! It's like a mil-spec bag (also Camelback compatible), made for civilian Survivalists!

The only thing I didn't like were the gay little red zipper pulls. I'm tossing them and making my own out of 550 cord.

If you see one of these at WalMart's outdoor and camping section (or at their website), get it!

IMG_1949.JPG
I would stay away from pellet stoves and stick with regular wood (after you've exhausted your current supply, of course). they're incredibly efficient, but require a manufactured product. Think multi-generational collapse (kind of like the one we're currently in). That's what I ultimately prep for.
I have combo stove, it's a wood burner that has a pellet hopper added to it. And yes it was done by a professional.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top