JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Friday; moved the reloading bench out of the cold garage and into a warm home office.:p

Went to town for supplies; went early on the ice to avoid the crowds, and it paid off.

Now that right there has been floating around my brain for 6 months, I think that is this weeks project!!!!:D:D:D

Thanks for posting excellent thoughts like that.;)

Got a Lyman case prep Xpress for rifle brass and some Longshot powder & 155gn XTP bullets to start reloading for the 40S&W.

Went and bought a 55gal steel drum with air tight removable lid to store dog food ,can't forget my best friends ,then I picked up a vacuum storage bag for clothes , I'll fill those with dry so as to give it more shelf life for future use .

Now that right there has been floating around my brain for 6 months, I think that is this weeks project!!!!:D:D:D

Thanks for posting excellent thoughts like that.;)

Got a Lyman case prep Xpress for rifle brass and some Longshot powder & 155gn XTP bullets to start reloading for the 40S&W.

I left all the smelly stuff in the garage; tumblers, solvents, and chems etc. I'm really glad I moved the bench; catching spent primers requires a little more attention, but all works great!

Did some odds and end:

• Got the Mini-14 into a gunsmith to have it threaded (½x28) for a can and a scope mounted.
  • Picked up a new Stihl MS 311 chainsaw. We've normally kept two saws on hand and our little-er one appears to have finally given up the ghost. So, figure would go with a bigger one for the primary and the other as the backup.
  • While at the farm supply, I also picked up some Tru Oil for a stock I'm refinishing and I couldn't resist the urge to buy one more P-Mag. We've kind of went gonzo with the magazine purchases in recent years, so I didn't really need to. However, considering the muppetry in Salem, I figure what the heck.

Transplanted ten more fir trees from around the house to bare spots in the woodlot, and I installed an electric pipe warmer on an outside faucet.

Waiting to see if the pipe warmer works; I heard a faint/small "pop" at the end of the unit when I energized it....o_O

High temps next week below freezing; it will require some home, vehicle, & equipment prep. Probably have to crawl under the house :(

How do you have room for IVs (plural?) in your CLS Kit?
Is it vehicle based? If not, you must be a more ingenious packer than I am. ;)

The bag is what I carried in the service; quite heavy when adding all the other stuff. Sits under the seat now. :rolleyes:

My kitchen is designated as the field hospital; if need be. We have lots of medical stuff in boxes as bugging out is plan C or D.

Tried out the new snowshoes for the first time yesterday. Going again tomorrow morning. Discussed with husband the realization that we will not get to parents in N Idaho or daughter in Montana if SHTF. If it happens in the next 10 years, we will most likely not survive. Plan to just keep learning skills and staying healthy and fit. Less purchasing of food and ammo. More vacations to enjoy life while we can.

Edit: however, moving up there is still in our long term goal plans. Should have a lot of debt paid off in 3 years along with Masters Degree done ($$$) and can start looking at properties. More income and about $2k a month less debt.

Last Edited:
Picked up 6 more USGI stainless black steel mags for about $9 bucks a piece. Pick up 22s now and then. Have been steadily building my supplies since the awful times started almost 8 years ago.

Tried out the new snowshoes for the first time yesterday. Going again tomorrow morning. Discussed with husband the realization that we will not get to parents in N Idaho or daughter in Montana if SHTF. If it happens in the next 10 years, we will most likely not survive. Plan to just keep learning skills and staying healthy and fit. Less purchasing of food and ammo. More vacations to enjoy life while we can.

Edit: however, moving up there is still in our long term goal plans. Should have a lot of debt paid off in 3 years along with Masters Degree done ($$$) and can start looking at properties. More income and about $2k a month less debt.
Soooooo
Getting a masters is more important than surviving o_O
Not sure I get the logic. I mean if you have already figured you won't survive WTF will the masters do for you?
Wouldn't it make sense to bug out any way possible then worry about higher education?
I mean they do have colleges up in this neck of the woods.
I'd go bankrupt and GTFO if I thought I was stuck in a place with no future.
Then you would have a life and be able to restart.
BTW look at your contracts everyone. I was talking to a finance broker and he had friends that couldn't afford their house. Well the stigma is you are a failure if you can't pay for it.
What does the contract say?
It says if you can't pay the bank takes it back.
Both parties have agreed to this. No shame,the bank has already said it was OK.
It's not the best solution and it takes time to rebuild credit but if you and yours are safer,what's the bad stigma got to do with anything?
Take care of you situation and safety first. Don't worry about 'looking bad' to anyone else

Re-programed a friend's Baofeng, picked up a couple pounds of Win 748:p, two 50/rd boxes of 17 HMR ($9.97 at Bi Mart), a box of 124 gr XTPs, and another Magpul 5.56 30 rounder.

Tomorrow is all about prepping for the cold weather!

Woot! Nice on the Masters Angie, congrats!

More income & less debt is a brilliant prep.

You & yours knowledge allready puts you at or above 90% of folks anyways. I'd highly doubt you "wouldn't survive", it'd just be more challenging to get there is all...

Soooooo
Getting a masters is more important than surviving o_O

Long term planning.

Getting my degrees got my foot in the door for a much better career - even though I haven't used either degree in decades. The increase in income has allowed me to make much better preps, not to mention being able to survive day to day in a much better fashion.

I finally got my BOL and was able to move much closer to my family about 5 years ago. Who knows what or where I would be if I was still making a little above minimum wage.

Prepping doesn't mean the same thing to everybody; I don't prep as if the end of the world is imminent - I've seen people live like that, sure that TEOTWAWKI is not only a sure thing, but that it is something that is going to happen "real soon now".

Been prepping for 4 decades and TEOTWAWKI hasn't happened yet, but being financially prepared for "stuff happens" has many times and doing so takes the blunts the sharp edge of those events. E.G., a member of my family was seriously injured two days after Xmas, and now their house needs some repairs. I am able to step in and make sure that their Xmas doesn't turn into a bad New Years, by helping out financially.

Got the Pelican cases.

Bigger and heavier than I expected. I hear that they are now making ones with a lighter stronger material - maybe that is why these were on sale?

Should work for my purposes, but one shotgun won't fit. :( The barrel is too long (20") and I don't want to cut it as I would then lose length on the mag tube.

Crawled under the house; ran 100 feet of the mini-white Christmas tree lights, checked the pipe wrappings. Installed three 110v pipe warmers. Re-insulated and re-wrapped the two outside faucets. Moved some plants under a lamp in the solarium.

I'm tired.:confused:

Did a Winco shop & picked up some bagged tea to put up.

Red Rose 100 ct, ~$3, Winco brand 100 ct, ~$2.

Bought a bunch on the Winco brand.

Not big hot tea drinkers, but we do enjoy iced made from the Red Rose. The Winco branded is a blend of Orange Pekoe & Pekoe cut Black Tea similar to Red Rose. Pretty decent value, and a nice backup for coffee as well.

We might buy some pressed tea blocks, as they store extremely well and supposedly get better with age.
I'm not going to say anymore about if I'm prepping or how much. If the chips hit the table (grid down) people might find where you live and come after prepping supplies they know you have. I'm feeling paranoid. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top