JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Signed and closed on future location 1 yesterday. 5 sloped acres with a nice little manufactured home at the bottom. Looks like it'll be a rental for a few months until I list my current place next spring. Then we'll move in while we build at the top of the property. House plans already picked out. Wife thinks I'm joking when I refer to the basement as the bunker. Could not be more excited.

Not a zombie. Nice!

-I did some practicing into a this evening, some .22LR, and .223.

But also tried out a new to me Ruger Precision in .308. Bipod from a bench...

Shots #1,2,3 at 50 yds:

Shot #4 at 100yds:

Lucky shot at 200yds:

:)

1559783C-EEFC-4A19-8C8D-82F938E7B079_zpsg5ajn7tq.jpg 2634E53B-0B1E-40C9-8AFD-0529855CE7D6_zps8rrgk3yq.jpg EC82B3B3-4D7C-4E20-9F57-BD1CC894C913_zps7thtbmsp.jpg

I realize spam is a stable among some prep types. Hecks, some could probably resupply the state of Hawaii if so called upon. Not us, though we do keep some on hand. Sooo .... I tried a new one today:

spam1.jpg

Spam with glorious cheese, what could go wrong ......

spam2.jpg

Eh, it was pretty much spam with disgusting processed American cheese embedded in it. Fortunately the fried eggs on the side helped. Arguable better than regular old spam, but still, yah, spam. ;)

Picked up my K2 forty five ACP yestiday and then ordered 2 additional mags. Very pleasant GS owner gal even made me an Americano while I filled out the paper work. Gun feels darn near perfect and 14+1 is exactly the sort of capacity I wanted. Ordered a few EBR parts as well.
Hope to hit the range next Sunday.

Brutus Out

Well, with the fall weather rolling in I picked up 10 gal of kerosene to use in the heater for all the unexpected power outages.. Not going to get caught with my pants down like I did last year.
Focus on wood: Wood stoves (even for RV's, trailers, etc), rocket stoves, etc. Think long-term multi-generational collapse as a foundation for your preps. I don't hear much about long-term sustainability from this end of the Doomer Spectrum. Just ammunition, guns, and stored goods. I currently fear that alot of people from this end of things are going to be reduced to heavily armed, starving refugees (Hence, the overplayed concept of "Bugging out" from the Mel Tappan days).
Just speaking as a writer, collapse theorist and professional Survivalist.

Last Edited:
Just planted next year's garlic crop, using selective breeding, for larger bulbs that have already adapted to my soil (Which is beautifully matured compost, virtually all worm-casting. Part of my closed-loop system for growing things).

And yes, of course, bought the new 60-round PMAG drum in 5.56, for possible convoying, suppressive fire, etc).

I realize spam is a stable among some prep types. Hecks, some could probably resupply the state of Hawaii if so called upon. Not us, though we do keep some on hand. Sooo .... I tried a new one today:

View attachment 316533

Spam with glorious cheese, what could go wrong ......

View attachment 316534

Eh, it was pretty much spam with disgusting processed American cheese embedded in it. Fortunately the fried eggs on the side helped. Arguable better than regular old spam, but still, yah, spam. ;)

Spam w/cheese! I want some, where'd you get it?

I'm a huge fan of the stuff, and eat a can (or three) every week. Plain, bacon flavored, teriyaki flavored, spicey or reduced fat. I find all of them tasty, grilled, microwaved, cold or even warm rite from the shelf. We almost always have 2-4 cans chilling for me in the fridge though.

Flavores:
Bacon - just a hint of bacon goodness.
Teriyaki - reminds me of chorizo without the bite.
Spicey - hint of Tabasco.

Usually do them for sandwiches at work, on a bulky with Swiss & that laughing cow spread cheese. If I'm cooking for myself I'll grill 1/3" slabs and put them on top of a burger. Spam-burger awesomeness!

Win Co has Top Ramen on sale get a 5pack for 38cents not my fav but it stores well and is tasty when added to a can of New England clam chowder or any other canned dinner in a pinch.
I bought 5 cases

Focus on wood: Wood stoves (even for RV's, trailers, etc), rocket stoves, etc. Think long-term multi-generational collapse as a foundation for your preps. I don't hear much about long-term sustainability from this end of the Doomer Spectrum. Just ammunition, guns, and stored goods. I currently fear that alot of people from this end of things are going to be reduced to heavily armed, starving refugees (Hence, the overplayed concept of "Bugging out" from the Mel Tappan days).
Just speaking as a writer, collapse theorist and professional Survivalist.

I don't prepare for long term collapses (as in TEOTWAWKI scenarios); as popular as they are in PAW fiction stories, I just don't think they are all that probable.

OTOH - one SHTF scenario is playing out right now; the peak carrying capacity of the planet will be reached in the next 20 to 50 years. Also, as climate change is causing problems we need to prepare for that too. Whether you accept that climate change is human caused or not, only the most naive deny that it is happening at all.

No on can deny that the human population is growing ever faster and that more people means less resources for each person. We are currently and have been for a while, fighting wars over natural resources (if you really believe that the Iraq war was about WMDs or Al Qaeda then I have some prime swamp land I would like to sell you). Such conflicts have already spilled over on to American soil in the form of terrorism (although that is overblown).

As energy gets more expensive, and more people move from rural into urban areas (80+% now live in urban areas), more food and water and other products will need to be transported into dense population areas, and the cost will keep going up. Arable land will get more expensive and harder to find. Eventually, having enough arable land to grow/raise enough food on will be a luxury most people can't afford. After that it will be more about survival than luxury. Having your own energy source (solar), water and food sources, will be what a person needs to live - at first in comfort, and then it will be a matter of survival and people from the urban areas will migrate out trying to find areas they can live that way too.

This won't happen overnight, or from year to year, but gradually over the decades. Eventually people will start dying faster than the population is growing and that is when we will know we have passed the peak carrying capacity everywhere. RIght now it is happening is some regions, but not everywhere. Those areas, like the USA, still can support the people we have here - but even some areas can't support their populations - e.g., the southwest has severe water problems. Even Orygun has mostly in a declared drought conditions.

There are also the side effects.

Climate change doubled size of western forest fires, study says, and it will only get worse

We are overfishing the seas and we are approaching a point where there will be, by mass, more plastic garbage floating in the seas than there are fish.

I won't see the end results - I have only about 15 to at most 20 more years in my lifespan, but my kids might see it. I am preparing for them to survive it.

That is the long term "collapse" I am prepping for. It is already happening, right in front of our eyes.

It is interesting to me that many preppers/survivalists talk about the "sheep" but because this scenario conflicts with their political beliefs (or rather, what their political "leaders" tell them to believe, because those "leaders" are bought and paid for by the corps doing the damage, who in turn only care about quarterly profits), they chose to naively deny this could happen, much less that it is currently happening.

The human race is more or less doomed by its own stupidity. :rolleyes:

After seeing the Mantle thread I picked up 48 of the Peerless 2C-HG mantles off ebay. Realizing I didn't have a light source to go with the 35 gal of white gas I keep around, I also won a auction for a nearly new Coleman Powerhouse Dual Fuel Lantern for $32 shipped.

Had to;) replace a couple of forearms. .223 and the 7.62x39 That moved the sights, so we went out and killed some paper this morning to put things right. :)
Couldn't believe it! I shot tighter groups with the irons on the 7.62x39 than I did with the scoped .223.:eek::eek::confused:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top