JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Acquired 500-rounds of .38 Special for target practice. :)

500-38.jpg

Broke out the soldering iron to replace the electrolytic capacitor on one of my old tube "boat anchor" radios. In case of EMP (natural or otherwise) that fries my modern microchipped based
equipment I'll still be able to xmit/receive on most bands on the vintage stuff. (Plus they heat the room!)

Cracked open a 5 year old #10 can of Shelf Reliance Powdered Whole Eggs and had some for breakfast. I've got two cans to eat. Quickly brought back 80's Army memories. As I need to replace them does anyone have recommendations for bang for buck powdered eggs? I'm leaning towards the Augason Farms Whole Eggs...

Last Edited:
I don't and can't drink.

I have a medical condition with my throat where almost any alcohol will cause pain and sickness. Besides, I simply don't drink - I have no need of it.

It is for medicinal purposes - to make tinctures/infusions/etc., not for drinking.

Also for barter.

----

I hate being wet and cold

Got another set of ten Aluminum/Teflon AR magazines from Palmento State. No ammo this time! They're slated for a batch of 63gr HP Match loads that I already have. :)

Last Edited:
I am going to try equal parts beeswax (from the toilet flange rings which are a cheap and easy way to get the wax - a $1.50 each at Home Depot), mineral spirits and linseed oil.

Melt the beeswax first, mix up the mineral spirits and linseed oil together, then pour the beeswax into the spirits/oil mixture and mix that up.

The mineral spirits is to help the mixture dry after it is applied. It is important to use mineral spirits NOT mineral oil as the latter will not dry. Also, do not use turpentine as that will not dry properly either and it may degrade the cloth over time.

You can use just linseed oil and mineral spirits without the wax.

The cloth you put this on must be left to dry by hanging it such that it isn't bunched up as until the linseed oil dries, it can cause spontaneous combustion if the cloth is bunched up together (as in being folded). It will probably dry in about 48 hours and take about a week for the smell to dissipate.

Depending on the consistency of the mixture and the cloth, I may try less or more wax to get it to spread and penetrate the cloth. I will try this on some old jeans first before doing this to my Carhartt bibs and my Riggs pants.

I am going to try equal parts beeswax (from the toilet flange rings which are a cheap and easy way to get the wax - a $1.50 each at Home Depot), mineral spirits and linseed oil.

Melt the beeswax first, mix up the mineral spirits and linseed oil together, then pour the beeswax into the spirits/oil mixture and mix that up.

The mineral spirits is to help the mixture dry after it is applied. It is important to use mineral spirits NOT mineral oil as the latter will not dry. Also, do not use turpentine as that will not dry properly either and it may degrade the cloth over time.

You can use just linseed oil and mineral spirits without the wax.

The cloth you put this on must be left to dry by hanging it such that it isn't bunched up as until the linseed oil dries, it can cause spontaneous combustion if the cloth is bunched up together (as in being folded). It will probably dry in about 48 hours and take about a week for the smell to dissipate.

Depending on the consistency of the mixture and the cloth, I may try less or more wax to get it to spread and penetrate the cloth. I will try this on some old jeans first before doing this to my Carhartt bibs and my Riggs pants.
Good point about not bunching the cloth with linseed oil. The only time in 30 years teaching that involved a near fire was one where rags were improperly disposed of after being used with linseed oil. Plenty of smoke but luckily no flames!

The electricity went out this evening,right before dinner of course,and it was raining and yukky,so I lit my first fire of the season
I may replace my electric stove with an old wood cook stove. I made the fire,put water on for pasta,put on a pan of veggies for sauce and it all took as long as the cook top would have.
I'm liking cooking with wood;)

Just ordered 2600+ rounds of federal CPHP .22 LR from PSA with free shipping (on 3+ boxes).

No limit that I could see, although they do run out of such deals pretty quickly.

7.2 cents per round is not a smoking deal for bulk ammo, but this is Copper Plated HP which I am lacking any real volume, and the HP is much better for hunting than LRN. Plus the free shipping and no limit appeals to me.

If it works well in at least one of my rifles then I will get some more next time they have it on sale. But the LRN bulk ammo is what I will use for practice.

I need to get some match grade ammo of various manufacture and see what does best in my .22s and see if it still does okay after using Paco Kelly's HP punch on it. Probably will.

Just ordered 2600+ rounds of federal CPHP .22 LR from PSA with free shipping (on 3+ boxes).

No limit that I could see, although they do run out of such deals pretty quickly.

7.2 cents per round is not a smoking deal for bulk ammo, but this is Copper Plated HP which I am lacking any real volume, and the HP is much better for hunting than LRN. Plus the free shipping and no limit appeals to me.

If it works well in at least one of my rifles then I will get some more next time they have it on sale. But the LRN bulk ammo is what I will use for practice.

I need to get some match grade ammo of various manufacture and see what does best in my .22s and see if it still does okay after using Paco Kelly's HP punch on it. Probably will.

If your close enough to ARPC & want to try out a bunch of various .22LR ammo some time when the main range is open (currently only 100yds, weekends & after 5pm weekdays), and I'm free, give a holler.

I only have 2 match types though, Aguila pistol & rifle. But I have probably 6-10 other types from small game to plinky stuff.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top