JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How is this done when the azzhole lights a burn pile 20 feet from my property at 1 pm yesterday ??

I'd do it by dialing 911 so frickn fast......then going down to photograph or record, and perhaps call those whom I trust the least....the media.

Funny thing about land ownership; even a million acres of propety still has a fence-line or a boundary with a neighbor....right on the other side.
My prep today consisted of making my well work better; its running low this year. I had a module installed that shuts down the pump for 50 minutes when the pump RPMs increase with a lack of water. Glad there is a company to perform such tasks.

Gonna be a tough year; already tapping into our IBC Totes.

Last Edited:
2 loads of wood today.Started early and met some folks that heard if the temps go up to 100 like they predict ,they will shut down wood cutting till :eek:...hunting season???
The horror,have to decide between hunting and wood cutting
It kicked my a$$ today so I'll wait till another day to go up there again. Heck I need to buy a wood stove for the house still,lol
Most of the wood from today will be framework for my car port.Man they grow those lodge pole pines nice:D

So, I had my world rocked a few days ago. My teenage son and I went on a hike up Dog Mountain (He of course picked the "hard side" to climb. I thought this would be a good time to get a little training in so I grabbed a pack and tossed in food/water and some misc gear to get the pack to about 15 pounds.

Holy bubblegum.

I'll just say this... I know I'm not in the shape I was when I was in my 20's and 30's but sweet mother of God it's two days later and my legs are still pissed off.

A few things I'll be doing this summer to be better prepped. Hiking for training... going for a jog on a flat city street isn't even close to the same thing. Two, reassessing my GHB and BOB because there's no way in hades that I could have had a 30 pound pack and finished that hike.

I understand that Dog Mountain has become a major destination due to some film called Wild. This is the same area where a DEA Agent was air lifted out of due to the terrain 5 years back.
I have watched the antics of the starry eyed hike-o-philes at Dog Mountain for the past 3 months with much distain, what is the death toll now, 3 and a dog?
What really alarms me is the number of ELDERLY attempting the hike.
Skamania County is now running a shuttle bus from Portland and Vancouver in an effort to reduce the car-nage and road kill.
I hiked Dog Mountain in 1989, I left nothing up there worth retrieving!

I understand that Dog Mountain has become a major destination due to some film called Wild. This is the same area where a DEA Agent was air lifted out of due to the terrain 5 years back.
I have watched the antics of the starry eyed hike-o-philes at Dog Mountain for the past 3 months with much distain, what is the death toll now, 3 and a dog?
What really alarms me is the number of ELDERLY attempting the hike.
Skamania County is now running a shuttle bus from Portland and Vancouver in an effort to reduce the car-nage and road kill.
I hiked Dog Mountain in 1989, I left nothing up there worth retrieving!

Well I didn't know any of that but I think my son just about left me to fend for myself when a couple of nice looking young wild flowers smiled at him when they passed us on the trail. ;)

He originally wanted to drag me up Defiance Mountain... I wisely told him there wasn't a chance in hades that was going to happen.

got a free used chest freezer from a local cafe. The wife works there. So I vacuum it out and get some magic cleaner to finish prepping the inside of the freezer. Does it work? Oh yeah..lol. The cleaner I had sprayed all over in prep to scrubbing was already freezing around the inside of the freezer just below the lid rim.Nice, doesn't look like much from the outside with rust but that's what rattle can paint is for. Next day off I'll start framing up the little lean to it will live in. Then a sliding panel to put a padlock on and we've sextuplets our frozen food space.
All for some electricity and repurposing some old 2bys, pallets and plywood.

Brutus out:cool:

My right shoulder is making disgusting sounds when I move it so I've done nothing strenuous this week. I've been tinkering with my LBEs and waiting for my plates to show-up (still weeks away).

sighted in both hunting rifles.The '94 is off to the right an inch,maybe at 100.held left at 200 and hit the rock I picked out.Touching holes at 25yds with Hornady leverevolution ammo.
Forgot the hammer and punch
Then sighted the win m70 in at 25,then 100,then hit everything i aimed at out to 400 and change
Had it dead on at 400 so I brought it back to a 200yd zero.Hit an inch high at 100 so I think I'm OK there

Rained for an hour last night.
Been watching Greece and the international MKTs going down the toilet.
Lightning started a small fire in the drainage west of me last night, light fuel load so no worries yet, choppers are on it now. I'll have to re-sight the Remmy as soon as it cools down.

Tilled up a small area near the house to finally plant a small garden. I have 20 acres, but I've been so busy clearing brush that I haven't planted a garden since I bought the place 2.5 years ago. I will plant a small garden this summer (I know it's late to plant, but some of what I plant will be fine) and then this winter I am going to plant some fruit trees and berry bushes there permanently.

I think I am going to get some deer netting for the garden and later the trees.

I see deer on my property from time to time. I've had one on my patio eating my flowers in the landscaping while I sat watching it in the living room barely 10 feet away. They come and eat at my fruit trees all the time.

But more annoying is my neighbor's dog. This dog is allowed to run loose much of the time. I have made friends with it, and it does a good job of barking at strangers so sometimes it serves as a decent watchdog.

However, it likes to dig. I tilled up this garden area and I buried some food scraps there as compost and it promptly dug them up. It has come back every morning (neighbor lets it out in the evening and early morning) and dug in the garden area.

For the 1st time in 25 years I've had no livestock in the corral. In just a few weeks weeds have taken over and I now have fuel growing right up against the old hay barn and fence line which separates me from my new neighbors. I'll be spending The Fourth watching out for spot fires.

For the 1st time in 25 years I've had no livestock in the corral. In just a few weeks weeds have taken over and I now have fuel growing right up against the old hay barn and fence line which separates me from my new neighbors. I'll be spending The Fourth watching out for spot fires.
I've spent considerable time this year, especially the last couple of weeks, removing brush - either mowing it down or putting brush in a pile and burning it (before it got so dry I had to stop).

Last year when I had the logging done the loggers removed about 90% of the scrub brush in the woods nearest my house and the mature conifers now have considerable space between them and most of the trees are mature (18" to 3' in diameter - about 50 to 60 years old) so much less likely to catch fire in a forest fire - but still provide plenty of shade and a windbreak.

A little side note here,if you want to do sprinklers cause you live in forest fire alley?
Install then OUTSIDE on top of the roof.....where the sparks fall.
My ex faher in law Lives in Palmdale Ca. Had o install sprinklers and a 1000 gal water tank.TPTB said they can't ensure fire protection.
I just couldn't understand why they wouldn't have them on the roof where the fires start down there
$5 in pvc and another $5 in sprinkler heads.And no sprinkler service fees
Keep safe

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class