JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got to go get a new chain.

Apparently I ruined it when I caught it in some brush and it came off the bar (yes, it was tight, but when the chain warms up it gets looser and I was tugging on it). The parts of each link that go down into the bar? Some of the links were ruined by the engine sprocket spinning and won't slide through the bar.

I need a shorter bar anyway - the 28" bar that came with it is just too long for most tasks.

It sure is a good feeling going into winter with a full freezer, a full pantry, and a full woodshed....
Every day I was home last winter (weekends and days I worked from home) I used the wood stove instead of the furnace (electric). It cut way down on my electric bill. I used only 2 cords, including 10 days off for XMas shutdown and some long weekends. So I figure that if I lost power, I could keep warm for the winter with 4 to 6 cords.

I have about 2 cords already cut - left over from last year, but not split. Most of that is hardwood and it burns longer than the fir. I still have about 4 to 6 cords left that is uncut, and neighbors have a lot more (they clearcut 5 to 7 acres, I just thinned about 3) that they still have laying in piles and they haven't cut or split. I am sure they wouldn't mind me cutting up some if I had to.

Redeployed the Mole Cat; blasted 6 already.

Organized and inventoried plumbing and electrical supplies. Repaired a leak on an air compressor.

Tested a new (to me) tape; black 20 mil PVC Plumber's tape; $5.50 (2" X50 ft) at the Orange store. 10 times stronger than 100 MPH tape but not as sticky. Very hard to cut without a knife or scissors. Rated for under water. A pump-supplier in Lafayette sells rolls that are 1" wide; will check the price.

Inventoried my LT food supply, seems like I've got over 6 mo. at each site. Sprayed weeds again. Had some rain yesterday and the lawn is coming back (finally). The doc at the VA wants to put me on Statin. I did some research, UTube is loaded with vids on the subject, one vid was a compilation of news reports about the side effects and actual way the drug operates in the body, ain't no way I'm taking that drug! 25% of Americans over 40 are on Statin (9 Billion a year industry). so if SHTF and those PPL run out of Statin they will experience a spike in cholesterol production which could lead to strokes, heart attacks, liver/kidney problems.
here's a vid:

Moving wood under cover, I hope to get to my range and use my mil-dot to do some fancy calculatin' at long range

Last Edited:
Tere are plenty of naturopathic ? ways to reduce cholesterol,but probably aren't addicting and won't control you as well:cool:.
Trust us,just take it
Did 2 loads of wood yesterday and helped a local who's wife won't let him go alone.So loaded 3 loads.
Still need to go unload my second load.Always wait till the AM on the second load so I'm not tired and don't pull something when I am beat at the end of the day

View attachment 246992
I found this Condor 7 pocket chest rig on amazon for $24 delivered. For $24 dollars I'll take the risk that it will be functional

The Condor chest rig arrived today, it is in new condition. The (nylon) materials and workmanship are awesome. All pouches have velcro and plastic Fast Tec type snaps, there are drain holes in each pouch as well as one in the top flap of each pouch (?).
The mag pouches are expandable and will probably handle 2 AK mags each. The map pouch uses vinyl coated fabric and push snaps. the larger side pouches will hold a GI canteen (sew an extension onto the snap strap) or 2 M-14 mags an a tactical flashlight, maybe an MRE will fit.
Good news; the shoulder pouch will hold a Baefeng UV 82 radio as if it was engineered for it!
On the left side waist strap there is a short panel with 4 ALICE slots
The padding in the shoulder straps is very thin, the cross straps, in the back, will need a slider or keeper to keep them in a properly crossed position and the waist straps might need one additional quick release snap added. If you wear a heavy coat or your an XL or XXL you will want to add extensions to the three 1" straps to make it fit correctly.
cr_001f_2014-png.246992.png

Last Edited:
Took advantage of the cooler weather to use my Mil-dot and determine the size of my target from a previous session. 2.9 mils @510= 2.9X 3.6" X5.1 (hundred yards)=53.2 inches. :(
Makes my shooting of a month ago seem far less impressive. :confused:
Hopefully with the new trigger spring installed I'll be able to move to a much smaller target once the wild fire hazard is over:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews