JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Withdrew some money from checking acct
I think that I bought the last 4 boxes of Winchester White Box 7.62 Nato at MSRP at BiMart. Kieth's wanted $23.
Dick's had plastic ammo cans on sale 3@ $20.00, so I bought 4 and had a $10 discount from my last purchase= 6 boxes for $30.00
The deep freeze at Site #1 went bad again so I have to defrost it tonight. taking a break from cutting until my shoulder heals up. Painting LR tomorrow and Monday

Last Edited:
Spent another 3 hours mowing through brambles and brush with the flail mower. It didn't progress as fast as I had hoped, but I am making a dent in it and it makes a difference in appearance and how much I can see through the brush since a lot of the brush isn't there now.

Some of the brambles were climbing up trees and taking over other bushes. I am hoping that once I knock the brambles down I can control them easier later on between spraying and mowing. The bulk of brambles comes from central roots, so if you knock it down and keep it down it is easier to control than hacking away with hand tools at the "surface" of the brambles.

This also opens up some area for gardening and fruit trees and such. Noticed some of the salal along the road has ripe berries on it. I have a lot of salal all over my property and I am hoping that even though I am mowing through a lot of it that later it will come back and I can leave it alone - especially if it doesn't have to compete with the brambles and maple saplings and wild hazelnut for sun.

The primary purpose is to make the property look better and be more appealing to a buyer so when I retire and get property further out I can use more equity to build a better BOL, but the clearing does help survivability of this property. For one thing, besides being able to see further in the forest, there is also the issue of moving through the forest more easily. The main trail into the back part of the property used to be blocked by brambles and even after clearing it last year with a dozer, it was starting to grow over again.

Split @ a cord of fir today; for winter 2016-17
Serviced the log splitter at the half-way point; switched the engine oil to full synthetic, and changed the hydraulic filter.
Went to Highschool Pharmacy in Monmouth and bought a Mole Cat; $20 off if you give them an email address. Already on the job.

Tell you what,just sitting there talking to some of the long range shooters at our local gun show was pretty informative.
Plus I get to meet more like minded people.Stared talking about the new laws in Wa and Or and pissed off a guy from Montana.
"Isn't this still the US of A???"
I said where we are is,maybe not Washington or Oregon

Tell you what,just sitting there talking to some of the long range shooters at our local gun show was pretty informative.
Plus I get to meet more like minded people.Stared talking about the new laws in Wa and Or and pissed off a guy from Montana.
"Isn't this still the US of A???"
I said where we are is,maybe not Washington or Oregon
"No it ain't the USA, not, no more...and there is a fight commin' "

Verified a .40 & .308 hand-loads, & tested a new magpul magazine.
Picked up some brass (thanks litter-bugs:D).
Clean & inspect equipment, and loaded some .40.
Found a Filbert tree bearing hazlenuts out in our woodlott.

Reset the Mole Cat; works great.

Fathers Day shoot at our range today. Myself wife, 3 sons, a father in law and 2 wives all got some rounds down range today. Handguns, carbines, those girls are getting pretty good with the handguns.

Oathkeeper: Big fire out your way in that small town today !

-Weeded/fertilized tomato patch.
-Started process to "purge" myself of unused gear:
1) Forgot I had this
2) Forgot why I have this
3) What was I thinking when I got this.
-Maintained diplomatic relations with neighbors :):cool:

Moved all frozen foods from Site #1 to Site #2 due to freezer break down.
Last night, prior to moving new deep freeze into place I endeavored to remove the old one and some associated junk using the hand truck at Site #1. Both tires were flat. The newish air compressor had a broken belt, so I replaced the belt, a one hour job that required 2 PPL. The new belt lasted about 3 seconds, so much for Chinese goods. drove to gas station and paid a dollar to use an air hose to pump-up tires on hand truck, no joy. Tried to remove wheels from axel, no-go.
Picked-up replacement deep freeze this morning and am now at Site #2 resting shoulder.
Ordered this, JIC:
<broken link removed>

1971 Coleman 413 and 1976 Colman 2 mantle lantern.... 30 bucks for both at garage sale. Oh, the stove came with a griddle and stand and the lantern came with hard case, extra mantles and about 3/4 gal of white gas.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews