JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I relearned a few things I had forgotten:

1) Do a quick walkaround of your machinery before using it. That way you may notice a deflated tire before you leave for work.

2) Past performance does not guarantee future results. Just because you haven't had a flat tire in over a decade doesn't mean you won't have one tomorrow.

3) Check your preps personally. Just because you told the guy at the tire shop to also check your spare when he checks your tires, doesn't mean he will. Check it yourself and you may find that your spare is almost flat.

4) Preps left at home do you no good on the road. A portable 12V air compressor in your truck at home does you no good when you are driving your car and have a flat tire.

Stalking crows is some difficult work, man! My best success has been out before daylight, practice being invisible and have my .22K Hornet in position. So, not much movement to aim! Good Luck, Coast'!;)

They are a hard bird to get. Very smart, remember every move you have made on the place, knows when you have a weapon in your hands. Changing up tactics a bit, involves placement of different arms at strategic locations. They are working the mowed clover field across the road, so have not been around for a day or two.

The usual 2 hours of weeding in the garden today, ran the drip system for an hour. Picked a bowl of strawberries and had shortcake and ice cream.

Swapped my 10X Super Sniper from the 22LR, sighted at 300 yards onto my 308 varmint rifle, I had to adjust the reticle by 30 MOA elevation and 14 MOA windage to get it on paper... those 1st few shots were embarrassing! Now zeroed somewhere around 400 yards, rifle/scope combo works much better w/this:
th?id=JN.HpkL0sEoO6xoL6ZeW4sZ1g&pid=15.1&P=0.jpg
Mowed lawn

Last Edited:
Yesterday I went to the goldbug hot springs.2 mile hike and over 1kft in elevation gain.
Luckily there is a cold pool too.Long walk for a fat boy!
Once a week should put me in good shape for hunting season

Last Edited:
Finally got to test run my 762NatoRem700 @525 yds w/new scope. Even w/cheap 1980's surplus ammo I was keeping the shots in a 10" circle (from a rest). However I did discover that the factory MarkProX trigger sucks and can not be adjusted below 4 pounds 10 oz which affects accuracy greatly, plus there is a recall on it. A replacement trigger is near $150 but erniethegunsmith sells a replacement spring for $7 to solve those problems!
will shoot again tomorrow taking 25X spotter scope w/me

So this weekend I bought my best friend and co-author 2 boxes of 2twentythree for his birthday. It was the first present opened at a big surprise party.....big surprise I was there as well being 120 miles one way drive and two trips on a ferry. He has a Sig evil black rifle on layaway. Hope he gets it this week.
Also picked up that colored ammo that they wanted to ban for me as well. I still refuse to pat near 10 cents a round for .22LR.

Brutus out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads