JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The blue on the Rem is extremely thin, so thin that the barrel is rusting. Since I am waiting on that trigger spring and the weather is hot I decided to paint the rifle and scope w/ enamel. I have done this 5 times before and found that it is highly rust resistant though it takes 2 weeks to properly cure. Enamel has acceptable wear properties, for the cost. I hang my parts in the green house where the temps are now 100+ and leave them there as long as possible.

:cool:We weeded and watered the garden. Looks like a good pear and apple crop this year. No sign of peaches but it is a sick tree planted by previous tenant. Raspberries coming in. We have already canned dandelion jelly and pineapple/ rhubarb preserves as well. Kale growing great guns. For all you growing your own food pay special attention to vitamin and mineral rich veggies and fruit. SHTF and we all know what happens to CVS drug stores so natural supply of vitamins is a really good idea.

Brutus out

The blue on the Rem is extremely thin, so thin that the barrel is rusting. Since I am waiting on that trigger spring and the weather is hot I decided to paint the rifle and scope w/ enamel. I have done this 5 times before and found that it is highly rust resistant though it takes 2 weeks to properly cure. Enamel has acceptable wear properties, for the cost. I hang my parts in the green house where the temps are now 100+ and leave them there as long as possible.

Is your Remington 700 one of the newer, "Freedom Group" rifles? I'm appalled at the quality of their firearms, since the company was purchased. I was in a gunstore in Beaverton yesterday, and the proprietor was showing me the crappy finish on a brand-new 870, and was was telling me that he avoids stocking or recommending Remington firearms to his customers.

On Wednesday and Thursday, I packed flour, rice, chocolate, and even cat food into mylar bags and sealed them into 5 gallon buckets. Combined with previous bulk food storage, as well as canned food, MREs, freeze dried, etc...., I'm at about a 4-5 month supply, for my family of four. I also stocked up on AA batteries and bottled water to help augment the two 55 gallon water barrels and 5 gallon carboys. Plan is to buy a couple more 55 gallon drums for additional water.

Neighbor took me on a firewood hunting trip today. 20 bucks gets you 4 cords of DDD (dead,down,dying) wood.Mostly lodge pole pine but it's real cheap.
I will be building a rocket stove for the shop and finding a nice stove for the house so I'll need wood. Most of the stuff we saw today isn't very far off the road and plenty is up hill from the road. I can load up quite a bit without even starting the saw
Boy do I wish I still had my dodge cummins truck.This 1/2ton chev will make for more trips but that ain't so bad for a retired guy

Is your Remington 700 one of the newer, "Freedom Group" rifles? I'm appalled at the quality of their firearms, since the company was purchased. I was in a gunstore in Beaverton yesterday, and the proprietor was showing me the crappy finish on a brand-new 870, and was was telling me that he avoids stocking or recommending Remington firearms to his customers.
yes it is

On Wednesday and Thursday, I packed flour, rice, chocolate, and even cat food into mylar bags and sealed them into 5 gallon buckets. Combined with previous bulk food storage, as well as canned food, MREs, freeze dried, etc...., I'm at about a 4-5 month supply, for my family of four. I also stocked up on AA batteries and bottled water to help augment the two 55 gallon water barrels and 5 gallon carboys. Plan is to buy a couple more 55 gallon drums for additional water.

Good work, dude! But cats are food!

Applied the last base coat on the Rem/Scope, split wood for 4 hours till it got too hot.
My 84 Dodge has rot in the outer roof of the cab due to a bad paint job, about 20 small holes. I broke away all the rotten metal and am filling the holes with epoxy, will sand prime and paint later this summer and hope for the best. If worse comes to worst, I'll make a convertible!

Range time.... IMG_20150525_111128_516.jpg

Before the new stupid @ss law goes into effect I picked up a Sig 229 this weekend. Been wanting one for a while. Also got 6 mags for it from a forum member, thanks Johnny Walker.

Wife was out with two of the dogs and saw a coyote by the chicken house. She had to grab the one dog, who even at 13 years old still wants to kick the coyotes axx, came in and told me, which gave me the excuse to grab the appropriate tactical rifle and go on a half hour walk about. Pretty enjoyable really, think I will start doing it every night.

Interesting observation.. the farmer who farms the fields next door put out coyote and eagle cut outs to keep the geese off the field. These were about 2 times life shape which seems to be much more effective that regular. Not one goose landed on those fields when they were out there, nor did any coyotes come around. He took them off last week and within 5 days the coyotes were back.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews