JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That certainly is inconvenient. I would frequently grab a 200rd bulk pack of Winchester 5.56 for a decent price, or some .22, or 9mm while I was there buying my kids diapers and some chips and soda. It made it a quick one-stop-shop.

All the bubbleguming on here about how I don't shop there blah blah blah

I would put money on it that you do shop there

They always used to have the best prices on bullets in small amounts

I'll keep shopping there they donate more inventory to disasters than any other retailer and
support local farmers when in season and have some good deals
my two cents

i have never seen an sbr sold at walmart wtf. Rifle lenght is 16" isnt it? Did the el paso guy buy his ammo at walmart? How dumb that they had a counter full of guns and ammo and nobody broke the glass and shot back at the attacker!?

I'm kinda surprised they still allow CC. All sounds like PC move only. How many times do you see open carry in a Wally's?:confused:

Walmart also asked customers to stop openly carrying firearms in its stores unless law enforcement authorized it.

Law enforcement authorizes it around here, so nevermind I guess OC is GTG.;)

What they will miss out on is the guy that went to their store to buy ammo as they had good prices. Then while he was there, he picked up some other stuff. The main goal of any retailer is to get you into the store for any reason as most folks end up picking up other items while there. That is what the loss leader adds are for, they actually advertise an item at a loss just to get you in the door.

... I would put money on it that you do shop there ...
... I'll keep shopping there they donate more inventory to disasters than any other retailer and
support local farmers when in season and have some good deals ...

A. How much? Name an amount.

B. When Walmart devestates a local economy, what does it donate? Sending out crap from China after a tornado is just not impressive in that context.

where do shop that sells anything they don't

I'll bet you have amazon account right or ebay account or maybe you hand make all your goods and supply's grow your own food

show me a retail store that doesn't sell china sh!t

where do shop that sells anything they don't

I'll bet you have amazon account right or ebay account or maybe you hand make all your goods and supply's grow your own food

show me a retail store that doesn't sell china sh!t
That's true, Freddy's, Target, even Costco are full of china sh!t. We need to de-china this country. Lets spread the wealth around. Viet-nam, Thailand, ect.

I would like to see a correction in Walmart's letters and press releases. Short Barreled Rifles should be changed to Modern Sporting Rifles. MSRs are clearly the target of their new policy change. I would like to see a caliber list as well.

Edit: As you already know lots of hunting rifles exist in 223 caliber, including my Savage Axis.

Last Edited:
On Tuesday, Fox News host Tucker Carlson blasted Democratic presidential candidates for proposing mandatory assault weapon buybacks, while also calling out Walmart for its new gun restrictions.
Carlson accused Walmart of catering to the "activist left" after the retail chain announced earlier Tuesday that it would cut back on ammunition sales and no longer allow customers to openly carry firearms in stores. Walmart's announcement comes in the wake of multiple mass shootings this summer, two of which occurred in a Walmart.
In response, Carlson fired back, "Walmart, after having destroyed American retail and made this country much uglier, and empowered the fascist government of China, has a lot of brass lecturing the rest of us about anything at all. They ought to be ashamed of themselves."

A call for Civil War?

Tucker Carlson claims Dems calling for 'civil war' with gun buyback policy

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
On Tuesday, Fox News host Tucker Carlson blasted Democratic presidential candidates for proposing mandatory assault weapon buybacks, while also calling out Walmart for its new gun restrictions.
Carlson accused Walmart of catering to the "activist left" after the retail chain announced earlier Tuesday that it would cut back on ammunition sales and no longer allow customers to openly carry firearms in stores. Walmart's announcement comes in the wake of multiple mass shootings this summer, two of which occurred in a Walmart.
In response, Carlson fired back, "Walmart, after having destroyed American retail and made this country much uglier, and empowered the fascist government of China, has a lot of brass lecturing the rest of us about anything at all. They ought to be ashamed of themselves."

A call for Civil War?

Tucker Carlson claims Dems calling for 'civil war' with gun buyback policy

Aloha, Mark
Go Tucker, this guy gets it.

The letter = press release by Walmart and the news said handgun ammunition would be included on the LIST with that rifle caliber ammunition. (.223/5.56Nato)

PLUS handguns that used to be sold in Alaska will no longer be sold.

Key points including OC and it being allowed only for peace officers - the entire letter was released on many news sites earlier yesterday but MANY news stations got it 'wrong'. Including local not just national OTA-free stations.

From the link:
  • Walmart is discontinuing sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, discontinuing sales of handgun ammunition and discontinuing handgun sales entirely in Alaska.
  • It's also asking shoppers to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where "open carry" is allowed, unless they are authorized law enforcement officers.
  • CEO Doug McMillon announces the changes following two deadly shootings at Walmart stores over the summer.
MORE on the above link.

Short barrel rifle ammo?! LOL

The letter-press release is all over in print and in sound online.

I think that it is a STUPID decision. I think that old man Walton is dying all over again.

I wonder about RELOADING SUPPLIES as I have been concerned about them for many years on end. Posted about it HERE and elsewhere. Some Walmart stores sold them and some did not. You could FIND SOME items in one Walmart here for those supplies when they could NOT be found elsewhere or were super JACKED UP IN PRICE if you could find some specific powder at other places.

We always used our LOCAL and some national gun stores though for buying and consigning guns and for reloading supplies and a bit of factory CF and RF ammo. We used our LOCAL stores the most.

We did use and buy some items from Walmart too. I have posted about it here and elsewhere.

Many rifles use the same caliber ammo that is used in same caliber handguns.

Example of what I used to own and shoot in handguns and in a few rifles out here not just back east.

Example: 9mm for my former Glock but some rifles use this caliber too. I almost bought a 9mm rifle back east in the late 90's.

More examples for pistol caliber rifles and for the usual RF handguns/rifles too.

22lr, 22wmr, 357Magnum, 38Special and Plus P, 45Long Colt, 44 Magnum, 44Special, etc.

More to say but one thing is that I am VERY DISAPPOINTED about this stupid and PC decision.

I COMPLIMENTED and THANKED Walmart about their gun/ammo decision after the TEXAS Walmart shooting for NOT caving in to the PC crowd.

Furthermore, I sent my husband to their store to BUY just under $100.00 of 30-30 ammo even though we did NOT need it and he reloads. He has reloaded since the early 70's,

I wrote about this HERE on this forum and discussed this issue with people in person and on the telephone too.

More to come - the letter is a joke and the decision is stupid.

Many people do NOT have gun stores close to them or they do not do buy online in some parts of this country even though some people find that hard to imagine. They buy their ammo and reloading supplies at Walmart because that is CLOSE to their home.

Some people that I have known buy their guns at Walmart too. We never bought a gun at Walmart and I am NOT knocking people who have when I state this.

Right now, Walmart has had some low prices for the RF ammo compared to ALL of the other stores around here. That was a few weeks ago according to my husband and our friends. He always looks at those things and I do when I go with him too. Plus they were cheaper for the 30-30 ammo that I sent him to buy compared to other places. Name brand - good quality - brass case.

Their shotgun ammo always had a good sale price too. He does not own a shotgun any longer. I never owned one myself.

I am very disappointed in this decision even though we shop LOCALLY, we do buy some things from Walmart and Costco.

Cate
Typos!

I support Walmart with their decision. I don't agree with it but they can do whatever they want.
I will also do whatever I want by spending my money elsewhere.

I will purchase online, at Bi-Mart, and at my local sportsman warehouse :)

Walmart might be getting sick and tired of these 'shooters' aka CRIMINALS who are coming out of the woodwork like carpenter ants! NEWS story below.

But I think that the REAL reason is that they are caving in to the PC crowd and trying to LOOK good even though they are screwing their base since many people would always stock up on some ammo when they shopped at their store. I did when it came to RF ammo for years on end. I did some bulk buying of RF ammo there when there was NO election going on too.

I saw this when I came online earlier.

Off-duty Indiana officer praised after stopping Walmart shooting while shopping with his family.

A single shot rifle in a 22 lr caliber can wound and murder someone slowly or quickly.

So can my husband's 45-70 rifle!

Many people own BOLT ACTION .223 caliber rifles too. So they are discriminating against a CALIBER and how a gun looks including if it is black or not. My husband owns a black, bolt action rifle in a .223 caliber. Lordy, the last time that I looked, it was still behaving itself in his gun cabinet!

Maybe the corporate decision makers, Congress, the WH, and PC junkies should think about all of these things instead of handguns and specific caliber rifles being banned or restricted.

Hey idiots! It is the CRIMINAL shooter not the GUN who decides to squeeze the trigger! The GUN does not have a mind of it's own and it has NO pulse.

Cate

Walmart might be getting sick and tired of these 'shooters' aka CRIMINALS who are coming out of the woodwork like carpenter ants! NEWS story below.

But I think that the REAL reason is that they are caving in to the PC crowd and trying to LOOK good even though they are screwing their base since many people would always stock up on some ammo when they shopped at their store. I did when it came to RF ammo for years on end. I did some bulk buying of RF ammo there when there was NO election going on too.

I saw this when I came online earlier.

Off-duty Indiana officer praised after stopping Walmart shooting while shopping with his family.

A single shot rifle in a 22 lr caliber can wound and murder someone slowly or quickly.

So can my husband's 45-70 rifle!

Many people own BOLT ACTION .223 caliber rifles too. So they are discriminating against a CALIBER and how a gun looks including if it is black or not. My husband owns a black, bolt action rifle in a .223 caliber. Lordy, the last time that I looked, it was still behaving itself in his gun cabinet!

Maybe the corporate decision makers, Congress, the WH, and PC junkies should think about all of these things instead of handguns and specific caliber rifles being banned or restricted.

Hey idiots! It is the CRIMINAL shooter not the GUN who decides to squeeze the trigger! The GUN does not have a mind of it's own and it has NO pulse.

Cate
The same can be said for ammo they will likely still carry which can be used in the scary rifle platforms, including 243, 6.5 CM, 308, 410ga, 22LR etc. Their new policy makes zero sense other then they are gambling that their new policy attracts new anti-gun shoppers. That doesn't seem likely to me. Evidently a bunch of walmart employees are anti-gun, maybe this policy is throwing a bone to them.

Edit: I wonder if it worked for Dick's?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads