JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never made one but I've certainly researched them quite a bit.
I'm just fascinated by seeing how things work and the different methods taken to achieve the same goal.

electronics are gorram witchcraft to me even though I have built circuits before, but mechanical things I can generally look at and get a pretty good idea of how they work just looking at them.

Kid may have taken his fascination with it a bit too far by making one and being stupid enough to tell someone else about it, but I doubt he had ill intent to use it on people.

Knowing the gooberment though: they'll probably try to make an example out of him and throw the book at him.

Poindexter, be sure and leave your gun in the car, where it will be safe. Storing it in a locked cabinet or safe in the dorm is too risky. By the way, you got rid of your 6 round magazines, right?

Smart people shouldn't be this stupid. Lets take a bad idea and build on it.

He might possess intelligence, but there is no evidence of either common sense or maintaining any level of secrecy.
The PD had a talk with him before because someone narc'd on his having firearm parts in the dorm. You think he would learn to keep his mouth shut.

This sounds like it was against the law but in my opinion he did not violate the supreme law of the land.

My opinion is worth about a bag of dirt though in our new era of divine right of democratically elected Kings.

It is a shame he got caught.

This story is an attempt to encourage public outcry to ban all semi autos. "It's just too easy to convert them to fully auto.... semi-autos."

Just like all the stories being run right now about the ANZAC research into US handguns correlating with an increase in accidental child shooting deaths.

@Certaindeaf say, A Bumpstock on a Full Auto, seems legit!

................... and the bump stock is supposed to do what on a full auto?
Mechanically, a bump stock would invalidate the full auto part, interrupting it's firing by resetting the trigger mechanically! Dumb Arse! If it actually did work, it would slow the rate of fire a true full auto produces!

Smells like roses!

@Certaindeaf say, A Bumpstock on a Full Auto, seems legit!

................... and the bump stock is supposed to do what on a full auto?
Mechanically, a bump stock would invalidate the full auto part, interrupting it's firing by resetting the trigger mechanically! Dumb Arse! If it actually did work, it would slow the rate of fire a true full auto produces!

Smells like roses!
Test bed maybe? He was an engineering student. The cheapest way to compare FA to a bump stock might be to have them both on the same gun, run at separate times. I am NOT advocating breaking the law, just to be clear. This kid seems to have clearly demonstrated the difference between intelligent and smart.

He was just asking for trouble. People like him are who what ruin it for the rest of us reasonable folks. :(
Speak for yourself. Reasonable.......? Some of the responses in here make me sick.

The left is pushing for human sacrifice of defenseless humans which is probably A-OK in many of your opinions. Yet we sit here and act like someone who owns an inanimate object and has no provable intention of using said inanimate object inappropriately, that guy is the unreasonable one.......

Lets see how reasonable all this garbage is when your buddy, family member, acquaintance neighbor whoever the heck, red flags you and puts the onus on you to go spend money in the legal system trying to gain your rights back.

No the red flag stuff is not the same as flouting the NFA. But damn it you all are just completely asleep. The attack on the 2nd amendment is always on. It is forever moving forward in a relentless march. I'll be glad to see some court cases go before the Supreme Court and give us some reprieve.

NFA items are legal to own. A person can own a machine gun.......if they have the means to procure one legally. As we all know they are very expensive. They are expensive because of the NFA. They have an artificially inflated price which makes them unaffordable for many AMERICANS. For all intents and purposes the NFA makes it so only a select group of people who have the means can participate in NFA item ownership. Is it reasonable that only people which can afford to pay the exorbitant prices demanded for "machine guns" be allowed to own them?

What if the insane leftists wanted to ban the building of houses over 1500 sq. ft.? Homes larger than 1500 sq. ft. that do not have a 1 million dollar tax paid on them would be demolished. Unless you could afford the luxury space tax you would be forced to live in a nice little tiny home or apartment. Large home prices would become inflated. Only the rich would be able to afford those homes. Is that reasonable? That is essentially what happened with the NFA.

Check your reasoning.......if you are still able.

Are you guys willing to argue that the NFA is good for us? Does it keep us safe? Do you not understand by now that gun control is not the answer? Take a page out of the communists book. They have had control of the schools in this nation for far too long, with an unopposed strangle hold on the minds of our children. We need to take back the reins of the indoctrination machine and recommit or perhaps maybe fully commit to the idea of an armed society being a polite society.

Good luck combating the insanity.

Last Edited:
What if the insane leftists wanted to ban the building of houses over 1500 sq. ft.? Homes larger than 1500 sq. ft. that do not have a 1 million dollar tax paid on them would be demolished. Unless you could afford the luxury space tax you would be forced to live in a nice little tiny home or apartment. Large home prices would become inflated. Only the rich would be able to afford those homes. Is that reasonable?

That's coming.

He modified an otherwise legal firearm to become an illegal one. How is that reasonable?

The left is pushing for human sacrifice of defenseless humans which is probably A-OK in many of your opinions. Yet we sit here and act like someone who owns an inanimate object and has no provable intention of using said inanimate object inappropriately, that guy is the unreasonable one......

Which is more reasonable? in my statement above?

Is it more reasonable to fine a pedophile or incarcerate them? Is it more reasonable to ban an object that does no harm by itself, or stiffen penalties for using that object to do harm?

I'm not sure you understand what the word reasonable means?

I am placing two wholly separate issues into the mix together here. They are not very comparable, but yet they are. All you have to do is try. Which is the more unreasonable restriction?

UCF policy prohibits weapons from being possessed or stored on university property, but allows for them to be kept in a private vehicle as long as they are "not readily accessible for immediate use."

UH if the vehicle is on school grounds isn't this the same damn thing? :rolleyes:
no, a vehicle is an extension of personal property.

florida 790.25 section 5

also, what an idiot. also for the fact of "letting" them search his car. im all for LEOs doing their job but...

not being a LEO or a lawyer, does suspicion from "tip" carry enough factual evidence for probable cause? it says the kid let them search the vehicle but could they have anyway without warrant based on what the article says?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top