JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And the first amendment doesn't apply to anything digital... And the sky is made of skittles. Judges like that need to be disbarred. Political and personal opinion should have no place in a courtroom.

Anti-rights individuals and groups believe, with semi-auto rifles, they've found another fissure in the 2A edifice. The wedge they are trying to drive into this fissure is one where the term semi-automatic rifle is to be made synonymous with "assault weapon" and "weapons of war" imagery.

As I've said before, semi-auto rifles are what gives the 2A teeth, and if you were looking for a line in the sand, semi-auto rifles are it.

I think even the idea of "common use is crazy" what if i want to own stuff that isnt common

But the "common use" phrase has been used in other USSC rulings, when you include handguns i would venture a guess that half or more of all the gunsin the U.S. are semi auto. How this judge can make such a ruling is beyond my non lawyer brain.

In her ruling, Staton "cited congressional findings that semi-automatic rifles have a rate of fire, 300 to 500 rounds per minute, that makes them 'virtually undistinguishable' from machine guns, and that they are the 'weapons of choice' for gangs, hate groups, and 'mentally deranged persons bent on mass murder,'" the San Francisco Chronicle described.

She just described..... government. o_O

Easy challenge to that. Semiautomatic rifles of the AR pattern are most assuredly not in common use(read, issued to every trooper in combat roles) with the U.S. Military.

Good luck proving that the M4 Carbine with its 14.5" barrel, and 3 round burst lower are not already regulated under NFA 1934 (as both SBR and Machine Gun) and banned from ordinary civilian ownership due to FOPA 1986 due to having been produced since 1994.

Somebody didn't read US vs Miller during law school, otherwise she would know that the Second Amendmen SECIFICALY protects weapons designed for use by the Militia. Fun toys, such as sawed off shotguns are not protected for this reason.

JONNYUMA READ THIS. YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT...

"U.S. District Judge Josephine Staton of Santa Ana, Calif. ruled on July 22 to uphold the current state law banning the ownership, manufacture, or sale of "semiautomatic rifles and the bullet buttons that alter a conventional rifle into a rapid-fire weapon," the San Francisco Chronicle reported."

yep... his head exploded.

Carolynn McCarthy D-NY, "shoulder thing that goes up"...

-No one actually thought that phrase could be topped-

U.S. District Judge Josephine Staton (hold my beer) "...the bullet buttons that alter a conventional rifle into a rapid-fire weapon,"

The last I read the 2nd Amendment it simply stated "Arms".
Now Arms according to the time when the 2nd Amendment was written meant anything related to weapons and their related accouterments such as :
Rifles..
Muskets...
Knives...
Tomahawks..
Powder and ball...
Even Cannon as in a actual cannon....you know with wheels and carriage , large bore etc....

So since the 2nd Amendment makes no exceptions to the word or definition of Arms....
It stands to reason that any firearm since then , is also covered by the 2nd Amendment.

I know I said "it stands to reason" and we as gun owners often deal with unreasonable folks....
Andy

Sounds to me like she has violated her oath to uphold and defend the constitution. Perhaps grounds for removal from the bench and tried for treason...

We the People need to get tough on these bleeding heart liberals, they have to be called to accountability in the most public of ways.

All that education and experience and still stupid as a rock.
I'm sick of feel good short sighted political rhetoric.
So much craziness by politically activist judges,

And this is the crux of it, she is putting forth political garbage as though her ruling is based on facts. It is not, and her ruling will be reversed. But she had her day, and her say, and henceforth will be seen as a virtuous person by those whose opinion she cares about.

I was in California for most of last week (oh the pain, the pain...) and I came out of California... :D

I had some pain yesterday. I went into the other room and it all came out. :p:p:p

The story linked in the OP says this is a Federal Judge.

"A federal judge in ..."
"U.S. District Judge ... "

That is an important distinction from a State judge, as it is much closer to those of us subject to the 9th Circuit.

Yes, you are right. It is a dangerous precedent if allowed to stand. And it is likely headed to the 9th Circus, where nothing is certain. But I can't imagine even they would be that duplicitous....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top