JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The same can be said for ammo they will likely still carry which can be used in the scary rifle platforms, including 243, 6.5 CM, 308, 410ga, 22LR etc. Their new policy makes zero sense other then they are gambling that their new policy attracts new anti-gun shoppers. That doesn't seem likely to me. Evidently a bunch of walmart employees are anti-gun, maybe this policy is throwing a bone to them.

Edit: I wonder if it worked for Dick's?

^^^

This is true too.

Several weeks ago, Dick's mentioned that they might NOT carry any guns or ammo too. Totally get out of it all and it was on several business websites and on some news sites.

I don't shop there and there is no Dick's store around here.

But when they made some of those past GUN decisions (Evil black rifles crapola propaganda!) that I did not agree with, I would have stopped buying from them especially since they were a GUN and/or sporting goods store from what other people told me where they had Dick's stores close to them. And I do not own any gun LIKE they stopped carrying too!

SOCIAL ENGINEERING at it's finest. Stupid too!

The inmates are running some of these stores but it is THEIR stupid decision to make too.

How many soccer moms/dads, NO offense on the wording here, would have BOUGHT A GUN, AMMO and/or reloading supplies on a REGULAR BASIS as some of us shooters here have done for YEARS ON END from any of these stores?!

WE supported these places and some of us went to a Walmart store specifically for 2 brands/2 types of RF ammo. I did and I went in just for THOSE ITEMS not for food specifically or other items like TP. Now we have one main brand and in two types of ammo - HP and LRN.

These stores have a right to make some of these decisions even if I do not agree with them.

I only got into shooting from the late 90's and on as some of you know but I have supported this INDUSTRY more than the average Joe who only buys a couple of boxes of hunting ammo once a year. I do not hunt. I got into shooting for SELF DEFENSE reasons and it turned into a hobby for me too. BUT the main reason was for self defense and for the RKBA issue which I always supported even if I was not a 'regular shooter'.

I was a VERY high volume shooter in the past with my former handguns. CF and lots and lots of RF shooting. A few RF rifles back east. More and/or different guns out west.

When I got OUT of handguns completely due to my arthritis and other physical issues, I went to RF shooting more and then I went to RF shooting only!

I did shoot a few rounds out of my late husband's one 'house gun' just so I understood that back in the 70's but I don't count that as being a BUYER of ammo and guns as I did in the late 90's and on.

My MT husband shoots at our range year round several times a week. I shoot FAR LESS due to my physical issues and I mainly shoot the one CZ rifle now too.

He told me that he has everything that he needs but all of this just makes him want to go out and BUY SOMETHING ELSE in gun stuff just to tick off the anti RKBA crowd!

Take care.

Cate

For the PC and anti gun folks on the WWWeb and how they like to lump all females or gun people together into one BIG group:

Oh yeah, I had my husband buy his pocket pistol around July 4th and I was the one who ENCOURAGED him the most. NIB gun and he likes it very much! Good service at the SW store too.

I did most of the research on it even though he had checked it out at a couple of stores plus he knew about it from many years ago.

So when they go on about soccer moms - no offense - I am not one of those. I never had children and I am only into specific sports like swimming, sail boats/power boats when I owned them, hiking, walking, camping, etc.

They use the words soccer moms when they want to LUMP ALL FEMALES into one big group of anti gunners or into only hunters or only this or that in guns.

I like what I owned in the past and what I own now. I would NO more DISCRIMINATE AGAINST a woman or a man on what they OWN, SHOOT OR CARRY IN GUNS and I would NOT want it done to me.

ALL of these PC folks go on and on about HUNTING and hunting guns.

They do not go on and on about SELF DEFENSE or the RKBA issue!

My MT husband hunts and has since he was a KID. I don't hunt but I like to fish. He likes to fish. He does not put me down because I don't hunt and he does not think that GUNS are all about hunting either!

I think that all PC anti gun people should NOT be allowed to own shoes or purses or jewelry in specific colors and in specific sizes - how would they LIKE THAT?! LOL

Let us ban or limit what they can buy for their telephones or boob tubes too.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

SHOULD we limit their literature and all books too? Music, plays, tv shows and films?

Cate

If I am reading the Full Statement from the initial post correctly, the Walmart CEO says they will discontinue all HANDGUN ammo in addition to 5.56 and .223.
So pistol caliber ammo is going away too...

He said the company would also end the sale of handguns in Alaska — the only state where Walmart sells handguns — and stop selling ammunition for all handguns nationwide.

As I said in my other posts and I am reading this entire thread now... this will bother people who were buying their CF pistol caliber ammunition for their pistol caliber rifles not just for their handguns.

I used to do a lot of shooting with matching caliber handguns and lever action rifles in CF not just in RF firearms. I shot RF firearms more than my CF firearms but being a former high volume shooter... that was a lot of ammo.

I liked Federal and CCI more than some other RF brands and I used to TRY THEM all out from the late 90's and on. I tried Ely and other more expensive brands for so called match ammo.

I ended up going back to Federal and CCI and, right now, we have Federal in HP and in LRN.

Added more: I used to buy my CF ammo. I was going to learn to reload with my late husband but we never got around to it before he died, back east. My MT husband has reloaded since the early 70's. I only shoot RF now and I have no desire to reload. My MT husband said that he has enough to reload for a long time. We planned ahead before his retirement and all of the time anyway when we were very HIGH volume shooters and when he competed too.

Cate

My husband and I were talking about this before he left for his walk.

I told him that 'they' would go after the ammunition and limit where you could BUY it as a couple of other people already stated in THIS thread, elsewhere on this forum and across the WWWeb. I told him this long ago and I know that many of you have said the same thing. Years ago we said this and not just during the last fake/real shortages.

Your gun will be a club if they continue to restrict or stop (How you BUY it from any place!) the FLOW OF AMMUNITION and or reloading supplies. I do believe that is the END GOAL of the anti gun crowd.

They will go after RELOADING SUPPLIES and I bet that will be coming next.

When the fake/real shortages were going on after the CT school murders... reloading STOCK-SUPPLIES and reloading EQUIPMENT were hard to find for Newbies who wanted to get into reloading. This went on for several YEARS! So if any of you younger people want to get into reloading... do it now.

This did not just happen in MT when it came to reloading supplies and ammo either. People have short memories and some states were better off than others. Parts of some states were better off than others too!

This crapola went on for years around here and in other parts of the country too!

And if you shoot RF firearms a lot and can afford to BUY and stock up now... do that too.

Old Lady Cate who does not shoot that much any longer but my MT husband does.

... at Bi-Mart ..

Companies don't fear boycotts because people don't really follow through:

Don't speak for everyone I haven't set foot in either since!!;)

I think they look at the risk/reward scenarios. If they don't follow through maybe they will face boycott from antis. They clearly calculate what their losses are going to be from new policies like this.

11643.jpeg

Pay close attention folks, this is exactly how the Second Amendment gets strangled to death. First make interstate sales of ammo via the internet or other means illegal. Then ratchet the pressure up on big box stores so they drop firearms sales as well as ammo sales. Already see this happening...

Then the only choice will be small gun shops or regional retailers like Sportsman's... Once they regulate the small retailers and local gun shops, it'll be simple to turn off the supply, either by imposing requirements that are impossible to comply with or taxation to make ammo unobtainable due to it's cost...

Don't think it's not coming, look at the taxes on cigarettes and liquor... Its coming baby, it's coming.... Be prepared....

This is how it's playing out. People, don't say you weren't warned. For some time, I've opined that interstate sales of ammo is likely doomed in the not too distant future. After all, it went away in 1968 and we didn't get it back until 1986. In fact, I'm surprised we're still allowed to do it. How about that big powder order from Powder Valley? How long will you be able to do that?

So think about this. When the gov't outlaws interstate sales of ammo, bans importation of foreign-made ammo, and the big retailers quit the business for liability reasons, production of ammo will drop. When the manufacturers can't make it profitably in quantity, the price will go up. Some manufacturers will go under. Ammo will be very hard to get and expensive when found. Like the man said, be prepared.

Guns and ammo has not been a significant portion of their sales figures for quite a long time. These days that segment of their merchandise is considered a suitable sacrificial lamb for corporate virtue signaling. If they were selling guns and ammo olike crazy, they wouldn't even consider such a Dick's move.
So basically they are just pandering to their pacifist leftists consumer base.

Don't forget, the big corporations have in-house counsel whose job is to reduce risk of litigation. After shootings, victims' lawyers are looking for anybody to sue.
Companies don't fear boycotts

For the same reason pro-gun people lose elections. Because we are a minority.

Boycotting giants like Walmart and Kroger is much easier said than done, until your LGS starts carrying produce and dairy.

You only punish yourself by boycotting a big store over one issue. But it's your right to do so and if it makes you feel better, okay. The stores won't notice your sacrifice.

You only punish yourself by boycotting a big store over one issue. But it's your right to do so and if it makes you feel better, okay. The stores won't notice your sacrifice.
Of course it makes a person "feel better" - because you're not spending YOUR hard earned money to line the pocket of a company who is not upholding the 2A for whatever reason: virtue signaling, fear of litigation, blah blah blah.
I've kissed Bi-mart, Fred's, Dick's goodbye long ago, as well as Macy's when they went on their Ivanka Trump rant, Tar-gay for their bathroom stunt etc etc etc. Wally World was never on my radar. Anything that feeds the beast is out. I also don't support various inner Portland businesses that I used to frequent after they went nutball posting "manifestos" on chalk boards on their walls and the employees started to look and act more like deranged cult members than people trained to deal with the public in a welcoming way. I don't call this "punishing myself", not by a long shot. I don't support insanity with my dollars - period. Just how I roll.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top