JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While there are some rural walmarts that offer accommodation to legitimate use by travelers, there is also rampant abuse elsewhere by illegitimate "travelers"... stop by an urban walmart and see for yourself, half the parking lot is filled with tweakers and bums.
You'll have to consider my perspective a generalization, and not the rule.

I will? Hmmm. I'll take your word for it but I thought Walmart only put stores in rural and semi-rural locations. You saying downtown Portland and downtown Seattle have Walmarts?

Pay close attention folks, this is exactly how the Second Amendment gets strangled to death. First make interstate sales of ammo via the internet or other means illegal. Then ratchet the pressure up on big box stores so they drop firearms sales as well as ammo sales. Already see this happening...

Then the only choice will be small gun shops or regional retailers like Sportsman's... Once they regulate the small retailers and local gun shops, it'll be simple to turn off the supply, either by imposing requirements that are impossible to comply with or taxation to make ammo unobtainable due to it's cost...

Don't think it's not coming, look at the taxes on cigarettes and liquor... Its coming baby, it's coming.... Be prepared....

You read my mind. I think folks don't realize how much social pressure and retailers stopping sales will kill our ability to exercise gun rights. I shudder thinking what firearm rights will look like 10 years from now. Just think if academy, sportsman's, bimart and others jump on this train all you have then is local LGS' who will be so scrutinized by any new ammo legislation they will have to abide 100% to keep their FFLs.

Guns and ammo has not been a significant portion of their sales figures for quite a long time. These days that segment of their merchandise is considered a suitable sacrificial lamb for corporate virtue signaling. If they were selling guns and ammo olike crazy, they wouldn't even consider such a Dick's move.
So basically they are just pandering to their pacifist leftists consumer base.

Exactly. Nothing happens in a vacuum and Walmart has buildings full of MBAs crunching numbers. They've concluded that it's more profitable to risk alienating gun owners with these latest moves, than to continue alienating Americans who are demanding change.
Driven by profit, nothing else.

Knee-jerk virtue signaling at its finest by people truly ignorant on the subject of firearms.

I shop at Walmart less and less because there isnt much there I buy.. pretty much just ammo.. if they are going to virtue signal that hard and cuck out while offensively ostracizing some of their customer base they've lost my business for good. Ill be letting them know this via a stern yet civil hand written letter.

Exactly. Nothing happens in a vacuum and Walmart has buildings full of MBAs crunching numbers. They've concluded that it's more profitable to risk alienating gun owners with these latest moves, than to continue alienating Americans who are demanding change.
Driven by profit, nothing else.

mber_crunching-business_proposal-pitch-mba0368_low.jpg

I wish that Walmart would stop selling Meth and Heroin so the drug epidemic would finally be over.

Oh wait, criminals don't get there "stuff" legally so that wouldn't help anywho......

Wal Mart? Is that even a thing anymore?

As for their drug selling: Over 10k petition against Walmart's opioid restriction plan: After Walmart announced it will restrict opioid prescriptions to a seven-day supply at its pharmacies across the U.S. May 7, more than 10,000 people signed a petition pushing back against the retail giant's decision, claiming the policy will not alleviate the opioid crisis.

They just can't seem to please everyone. Ha, ha, ha.....

Aloha, Mark

PS.....BTW, I don't even know if Wal Mart is a named defendant in the lawsuits currently going through by the various state AG's. It seems that they got the big pharm companies on the run. But, will it hit Wal Mart soon? or not soon enough? Then, oh yeah.....your doctor? Shouldn't he/she have been in the line, first? That is.....since some people are refusing to own up to their own choices.

Last Edited:
Then the only choice will be small gun shops or regional retailers like Sportsman's... Once they regulate the small retailers and local gun shops, it'll be simple to turn off the supply, either by imposing requirements that are impossible to comply with or taxation to make ammo unobtainable due to it's cost.

Already happening by ratcheting up prices on small gun stores insurance rates, and debanking.

If they ban internet sales you'll find me in a dark alley next to midway. I'll be the strung out guy begging for change to get my next ammo fix, or a cool new addition to my bullet pipe.

What a great idea now mass shootings will end. ,,,, Walmart needs to stop selling Tobacco products, Alcohol, sodas, pasteries , cakes, etc to stop the health issues Walmart causes by selling these products. Write the CEO and make the request.

Given the number of seriously unhealthy, drug addled, and very sloven that frequent the WallyWirld here, I would say they are responsible for a very large number of societies issues in areas where they have a presence!
I only Frequent them because they are less then a mile away, and the prices on basics and meds are cheaper then elsewhere! Believe me, for quality, I much prefer shopping ( And paying more) elsewhere!

They are also stopping sales of all handgun ammo.
Oh well, better to support our local stores like Sportmans and Fishermans.
This will probably result in a bump to Bimart ammo sales also.

Here's how it will likely play out
The majority that use to buy ammo at ..........., will continue to shop there for every penny of savings they can milk.
Just like when they whined about the "oil shortage" which caused increased gas prices nation-wide :s0140:
Just like when that quaint "convenience" brick & mortar closed down in your town, because they shopped out of town or online. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top