JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SWD Suppressors fixed.jpg

8jpv2Ap.jpg

A couple randoms from years gone passed. Ah, the "gold age" of Cobray on the first one. And the clever use of the Civil Defense logo during the early Cold War on the latter.

1- I didn't really appreciate the Python when I should have bought one.
2- A friend had an early Aimpoint, just not that early. Big and twichy. He thought it was cool. I thought it was a mistake.
3- Pft! Whatever... :s0114:
4- I wish I had paid attention to the rifle, but I remember these P7 ads. I really wanted to try one, but they were a tad expensive for my wallet.
5- My friend had some, but back then I didn't see any reason to have one, kind of like the HK rifle.

Yeah, I've made some bad choices in my life. The Glock wasn't one of them! :D

1- I didn't really appreciate the Python when I should have bought one.
2- A friend had an early Aimpoint, just not that early. Big and twichy. He thought it was cool. I thought it was a mistake.
3- Pft! Whatever... :s0114:
4- I wish I had paid attention to the rifle, but I remember these P7 ads. I really wanted to try one, but they were a tad expensive for my wallet.
5- My friend had some, but back then I didn't see any reason to have one, kind of like the HK rifle.

Yeah, I've made some bad choices in my life. The Glock wasn't one of them! :D
:s0140:

Well then:
  1. Love it. Wish I bought one back in the day.
  2. LMAO! No, just no.
  3. Meh, own zero Glock right now and I'm down with that.
  4. Passing interest in some H&Ks, such as the SL6 and 7 hunting rifles. Meine deutsche Frau würde zustimmen.
  5. Oh, I dig the Uzis. Mainly the kind with happy switches. But the carbines are neato too. (Perfect accessory to your weird sex cult in Eastern Oregon!)

In full disclosure, @CountryGent , I do have a Glock. I only have it to hand down to my grandson as it was his other grandpa's. The wife has a Glock, too, but only because it's Tiffany Blue like her daughter's. :s0077:

Linda's glock 43.jpg

Very cool! I'll take a Winchester 94 for $88.88, please.
Ditto that on the Winchester. And the JC Pennys ad takes me back.

I'm curious about the Webley ad. It says the .45 ammo is available "anywhere". Granted, it could be false advertising, but I wonder what it was in. Maybe .455 Webley? .45 Auto Rim? Shaved to .45 ACP with moon-clips? :s0092:

I'm curious about the Webley ad. It says the .45 ammo is available "anywhere". Granted, it could be false advertising, but I wonder what it was in. Maybe .455 Webley? .45 Auto Rim? Shaved to .45 ACP with moon-clips? :s0092:
I bubblegum-u-med (assumed :s0114:) it had been converted to 45 ACP. Many were.

Sadly, I have to agree. In my travels that took me in and out of Webley/Enfield territory, I think I saw more .455s that were shaved than were not. Ugh.

New production Webley Mark VIs would be a delight. However, I seriously doubt that would ever come to fruition. But, I digress. :s0165:

If so, it likely would've been .45 Auto Rim, but .455 Webley/Eley would've been a more natural choice, although it should be noted that the British had a number of .45 caliber rounds in production at that time.
I once read that Webley & Scott invented the snub-nosed revolver, when they took their Royal Irish Constabulary revolver and cut the barrel down, renaming it "The Metropolitan Police" (Sherlock Holmes belly gun of choice, btw).
The gun in the ad is a different gun, however. The shape would suggest a Mk.1 or Mk.II revolver, but there were also a number of copies that looked a bit like the gun seen in the ad.
Could be, that's what they're selling.

Last Edited:
The only think that sucks about a thread on vintage ads is remembering seeing some them when they were new and then realizing that you are just as vintage as they are,

The only think that sucks about a thread on vintage ads is remembering seeing some them when they were new and then realizing that you are just as vintage as they are,
There's also the "shoulda, woulda, coulda..." of it all.

This is still one of my favorite threads to lurk on the forum.

C8FA3835-A2D5-4242-9C7E-19C291E0D82A.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads