JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bet this was a Glock (or clone) disassembly discharge. Failure to clear the chamber prior to removing the slide.
Good bet?
Is that particular recurring incident, firing a Glock/clone during disassembly, called an 'accidental discharge' (AD), or a 'negligent discharge' (ND)?
Should ADs result in criminal charges? How about NDs?

Here's a link to a news item on the shooting.

What, exactly, is the difference between an accidental discharge and a negligent discharge?

Last Edited:
I bet this was a Glock (or clone) disassembly discharge. Failure to clear the chamber prior to removing the slide.
Good bet?
Is that particular recurring incident, firing a Glock/clone during disassembly, called an 'accidental discharge' (AD), or a 'negligent discharge' (ND)?
Should ADs result in criminal charges? How about NDs?

Here's a link to a news item on the shooting.
Why automatically assume Glock, there is no mention of it? Most liking one of these idiots that doesn't handle a firearms with respect or safety, zero to do with make or model.

Last Edited:
What, exactly, is the difference between ab accidental discharge and a negligent discharge?
An AD is when the gun goes off by itself due to malfunction.
An ND is when the gun goes off by the user unintentionally.

Sorry, no.
AD is the same as ND , just from last century.
A mechanical failure ( malfunction) is simply that
I dont know what you mean by "just from last century"

So if your walking thru the woods and your rifle goes off on its own, is it your fault (negligence) or is it the rifles fault (accident)?

I dont know what you mean by "just from last century"

So if your walking thru the woods and your rifle goes off on its own, is it your fault (negligence) or is it the rifles fault (accident)?
The terminology has changed. The situations covered by "AD" and "ND" are the same.

For the sake of conversation, how would your rifle go off while walking with it?

Would you please stop antagonizing @sobo about his Sig? Enough is enough. :mad:
1ba3ba2ebd1371002fe7f6354f363250.jpg

The terminology has changed. The situations covered by "AD" and "ND" are the same.

For the sake of conversation, how would your rifle go off while walking with it?
I didnt know the terminology has changed. I do know its often considered the same and can be a hot topic.

As for the rifle, a mechanical malfunction. Its happened, Remington 700s had a real issue with it years ago, a person got killed.
More recently Winchester SXP shotguns had a recall where the gun would discharge when you closed the chamber.

I wasn't suggesting the shooter wasn't to blame. Just asking what shop sales loaded pistols.:s0153:
Point being it doesn't matter. It has zero to do whether it is a Glock or not or whether it has a manual safety or not. What kind in moron walks into a room, picks up a gun, points it at themselves and pulls the trigger? People that end up with spare holes and that is universal across manufacturers and action types. Suggesting a DA would make all the difference is ludicrous and precisely the mentality present with these NDs.

Last Edited:
I didnt know the terminology has changed. I do know its often considered the same and can be a hot topic.

As for the rifle, a mechanical malfunction. Its happened, Remington 700s had a real issue with it years ago, a person got killed.
More recently Winchester SXP shotguns had a recall where the gun would discharge when you closed the chamber.
A malfunction is a malfunction. The shotgun issue sounds like a stuck firing pin.
Rem 700 ?? Mechanical safety failure?

This next part is more like mean spirited bad humor . Buying a cheap Turkish pump shotgun is borderline negligence . Not sure which iterations of rem 700 we're talking about, but possibly same comment.

Point being it doesn't matter. It has zero to do whether it is a Glock or not or whether it has a manual safety or not. What kind in moron walks into a room, picks up a gun, points it at themselves and pulls the trigger? People that end up with spare holes and that is universal across manufacturers and action types. Suggesting a DA would make all the difference is judicious and precisely the mentality present with these NDs.
Ok? :s0092:

A malfunction is a malfunction. The shotgun issue sounds like a stuck firing pin.
Rem 700 ?? Mechanical safety failure?
so if -you- were holding a rifle, werent touching the trigger, and were practicing the 4 safety rules, and the gun goes off, were you negligent?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top