JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do they still sell those all plastic trap type shells? I remember they were light blue I think. I think they were peters but can't recall. Seems like they came out in late 1980s.
The Peters "Blue Magic" target hulls came out in the 70's. They were a new style tapered case inside to match the Winchester AA's. Peters was part of Remington and they were fazing out their straight walled RXP cases. When the Peters blues ended they weren't called Blue Magic any more. Remington target hulls were switched over to green STS's and Nitro Golds. As they are today.

mblr_7a29a9a307cfe65f15e25854d335a899_ea1cdcaf_640.jpg

Agreed @Andy54Hawken; I've always found that family of HK sporters neato. Alas, they go for a pretty penny now.

Fun factoid, they made a version of the SL6 with a two-round burst capability.

View attachment 1196499
Yep...
Just looked 'em up and wow dollars for sure.
Never knew the SL6 was offered in select fire...guess so you could get all the coyotes at once...:D
Andy

blr_fc1ece83e311e93b5a120efede597dab_a8131de3_1280.jpg

Colt. Easy for a Gal to Carry. Ladies Life & Household.

SNOPES - this is an artwork, not a real ad.

colt-cobra-detective-comparison.jpg

Gleem Toothpaste

gleem-ad-life-magazine.jpg

Classic Ads Gun Ads Firearms Ads Advertisement
https://www.pinterest.com/n_elliott/vintage-firearm-ads/

View attachment 1223299

Colt. Easy for a Gal to Carry. Ladies Life & Household.

SNOPES - this is an artwork, not a real ad.

View attachment 1223300

Gleem Toothpaste

View attachment 1223301

Classic Ads Gun Ads Firearms Ads Advertisement
https://www.pinterest.com/n_elliott/vintage-firearm-ads/
Wow that is an excellent find. Good detective work!

Seems like modern day internet ads kind of do the same thing but they use "stock" photos showing someone with a surprised expression or whatever. I know some photographers make a big catalog of such photos to upload to selling sites in the hope that they will sell them someday. I think the photos only bring in a tiny bit of $ but don't know really.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top