JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've witnessed 3 separate negligent ( trigger press , thought gun was empty) discharges. I've never seen a gun fire with no trigger manipulation.
I have. A guy I was shooting with had a saiga 12 and either fired 9/10 rounds in the mag, left a round in the chamber before inserting the next mag or somehow loaded 11 rounds into a 10 round mag. He thought he shot all of them (these guns don't lock back on empty) and happily smacked the butt of the gun on the ground. It went bang. We all pooped a little. Did the trigger move? Maybe. All I know for sure is the firing pin hit the primer and nobody's hand was near the trigger.

Firearms have inherent risks involved, they are deadly weapons after all, the problems arise with people doing stupid chit and violating the safety rules of conduct. Like this very lucky moron, no Glock required...

Firearms have inherent risks involved, they are deadly weapons after all, the problems arise with people doing stupid chit and violating the safety rules of conduct. Like this very lucky moron, no Glock required...

How are we supposed to bash on Glocks when one wasn't used?

I've got it, let's pretend.:s0140:

I have. A guy I was shooting with had a saiga 12 and either fired 9/10 rounds in the mag, left a round in the chamber before inserting the next mag or somehow loaded 11 rounds into a 10 round mag. He thought he shot all of them (these guns don't lock back on empty) and happily smacked the butt of the gun on the ground. It went bang. We all pooped a little. Did the trigger move? Maybe. All I know for sure is the firing pin hit the primer and nobody's hand was near the trigger.
Good thing birds can't hire lawyers

I suppose so , however.....
If it takes 20 pages to get that idea across...I ain't sure I want to shoot with them.:D
Andy
Ain't that the truth.

If you can't tell me the 5 safety rules from memory and show me that you are competent enough to put them in practice then we aren't gunna be shooting together.

Your comment is kind of insulting.
I DID create the thread exactly for the purpose I stated. I used a current news item to put this particular type of disassembly accident in readers' minds. I did that with a purpose in mind.
I'm honest about not liking Glocks. They're ugly, and plastic. But they're also designed well, reliable, and function as intended. So I don't like Glocks, but I'm not a "Glock basher".
I used this same writing technique to Garner attention for gun safety in my other thread with 400+ comments. You should read that discussion, too.
You know what I find insulting? Creating a thread with a completely false narrative in order to convey how much you dislike Glock. I couldn't care any less if you're not a Glock fan. What I really dislike is spreading false information aka lying. From the thread title down this is all BS and no matter how you sell it you're not making these threads as a PSA. You're doing it to be divisive.

I think I said Glock, or clone, didn't I? The common point I was attempting to make is that since Glock (and Glock clones) arrived on the market there have been hand injuries directly associated with their disassembly. The trigger must be pulled to remove the slide.

I'm guessing regarding the accident described in this post, but it sure seems to me two guys got to their hotel room, and one went to take his gun apart while the other was standing in the line of fire.

Now let's say we know 100% (we don't) this accident occurred during the disassembly of a Glock. That is not Glocks fault. In order for this AD to turn into the ND that it is, a LOT of mistakes were made along the way.
If a human is not able to strip a Glock without firing it they should not have been holding a gun before they had some training. If they have had training and still fire the gun by "accident" then they are just over the top careless. The old line comes to mind. "If you make anything idiot proof someone will find a better idiot." People have been trying to "idiot proof" many things since long before my time. The only way to idiot proof any firearm would be the old "Microsoft" gun design. That's the one where when you pull the trigger it asks you "are you sure you want to do this" before it fires. Even then someone would prove they could outsmart it and shoot someone by accident.

I think if someone shoots themselves during disassembly they deserve it. Sorry not sorry. They should find a different hobby.

We need 20 pages for common sense? Damn. American gun owners are getting dumb.

ANY time you pick up a gun or are handed a gun it is your JOB/RESPONSIBILITY to clear it. Period.

That's common sense. Otherwise let natural selection take its course.
When Alec shot those people a much younger co worker was shocked when I told him it was Alec's fault. He asked me if someone handed me a gun and told me "this is a cold gun" would you still check? I said 100% yes. I would never take someone else's word for the gun being empty. The actor has been playing bad with guns a LONG time. No reason he could not learn how to check that gun that was just handed to him before pointing it at anyone.

If you can't tell me the 5 safety rules from memory
But Colonel Cooper says there are only 4 safety rules. 😉

1520195745712.jpeg

You know what I find insulting? Creating a thread with a completely false narrative in order to convey how much you dislike Glock. I couldn't care any less if you're not a Glock fan. What I really dislike is spreading false information aka lying. From the thread title down this is all BS and no matter how you sell it you're not making these threads as a PSA. You're doing it to be divisive.
Allow me to continue...in doing the above mentioned, suggests the blame should be assigned toward an inanimate object and away from the responsible party.

Just like Smokey the says, "Only You Can Prevent Wildfires".

"Only you can prevent fcvking up with a gun in your hands"

I've seen a chambered Glock cartwheel through an asphalt parking lot without discharging, don't ever tell a Glock is an unsafe weapon. As mentioned above, I've had a 1911 pistol machine gun in my hands...that manual thumb safety, that palm grip safety, that half cock safety...they didn't mean chit at that point in time, what made the difference (and it could have been a real big one) was adhering to safe gun handling and having it pointed in a safe direction.

I think if someone shoots themselves during disassembly they deserve it. Sorry not sorry. They should find a different hobby.
Damn straight.

Maybe that is part of the problem. Personally, I've never thought of firearm ownership as a "hobby" or a "collection".

That was amazing. Amazing that the gun was loaded in the case, that the clerk did not check it before handing it over, and that the person who was handed the pistol did not check it. Amazingly sloppy all the way around.
And it plainly illustrates why safe gun handling is paramount at all times. Clearly there should not have been a loaded firearm in a display case, there is no debate. That doesn't mean one is free and clear to wave one these things around the room pulling the trigger willy nilly.

But Colonel Cooper says there are only 4 safety rules. 😉

View attachment 1428730
1. Treat every weapon as if it was loaded.
2. Never point a weapon at something you don't intend to shoot.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire.
4. Keep the weapon on safe until you're ready to fire.
5. Know your target and what is beyond it.

Semper Fi

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads