JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gotta love the marketeers....apparently, we've been doing it wrong all this time.
Wanna reduce recoil? USE PAPER HULLS!
....Good Lord...:s0108:

Looks like there might be a plastic hull version as well, and those are for sale...

...no paper hulls came up on a quick Google search.
Lots of target shooter prefer paper hulls. Federal has been the only one with them in their line up for a number of years. I think Remington/Peters are trying to get in on the action and marketing is out in front of actual delivery. And yes, paper hulls do seem to give you less felt recoil.

Not sure if an ad from 1975 qualifies as "vintage", but I remember this one from my dad's Shooting Times collection. Always wanted one....

1649859362230.png

Do they still sell those all plastic trap type shells? I remember they were light blue I think. I think they were peters but can't recall. Seems like they came out in late 1980s.

Last Edited:
Do they still sell those all plastic trap type shells? I remember they were light blue I think. I think they were peters but can't recall. Seems like they came out in late 1980s.
You're not referring to the old Winchester one pieces hulls, are you?

Yes, my link is to Remington, but in that link is a means to buy the ammunition we're discussing. If you're not seeing that, maybe your computer is disallowing it. I clicked on SHOP NOW, and it allowed me to select for purchase, an array of paper loads, allowed me to enter my credit card for payment, and calculated shipping, which was 12-bucks. I bought 4-boxes. If I bought over $149, the shipping was free.

View attachment 1176761
I went back to the page you linked in an earlier post.
I see it now. Overlooked it before.
....still doesn't come up on a Google search, though.

That's some good marketing (even though it looks cheesy today). 2 years after Reagan shooting with its iconic uzi moment.
ADEF3DE3-E851-4B55-AB88-26E09092906D.jpeg

I noticed this pic that shows the briefcase the uzi came out of, kinda cool. Not as fast to deploy as the mp5 that fires in the briefcase but a helluva lot more accurate. ;)
D8F5E2B7-40EC-4615-9430-650C5198711B.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews