JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to send mine in for the recall. If for no better reason than slightly increasing the now suddenly even lower resale value.
-
And don't forget to add to that . after the Recall factory repair, when your long wait is over and if/when you want to pick-up your low-end Taurus pistol with poor resale value from your FFL . Hey don't forget Oregon's governments backhanded 'kick-in the Groin' complement, with them providing privilege . With You paying once again for property that you already paid them for .... LOL .

I'm really considering sending my lone Taurus in for the 200 in return. Then go buy another Glock.

Sounds like a scam to confiscate guns. How long to get a replacement? Or return you a fixed firearm.
My solution, don't drop your weapon with one in the pipe..... Or safe your firearm before you drop your panties, or boxers, or whitey tighties, or big girl pants. I don't mean to sound harsh but you could grab a lot of firearms that might fail this test.

Ymmv,

Brutus out

On Aug. 22, Smith & Wesson issued a <broken link removed> for all M&P Shield pistols made before Aug. 19, 2013. The safety alert identified a condition where the Shield's trigger bar pin could damage the trigger's drop safety feature—enabling the pistol to potentially discharge when dropped.

Smith & Wesson urgently warned anyone with a Shield to: "STOP USING YOUR PISTOL IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN INSPECTED AND, IF THE CONDITION IS FOUND, REPAIRED."

Those who own pistols exhibiting the potential safety hazard are instructed to arrange for repair by contacting Smith & Wesson directly at (877)-899-6259.

Ironically just six days later, on Aug. 28, Springfield Armory issued a voluntary safety recall for their .45 ACP and 9mm XD-S pistols.

Springfield's recall identified the following issue: "Under exceptionally rare circumstances, some 3.3 XD-S 9mm and .45ACP caliber pistols could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once. The chance of these conditions existing is exceptionally rare, but if they happen, serious injury or death could occur."

According to Springfield, no injuries have been reported to date. Pistols affected by the recall include: XD-S 9mm pistols with serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700, and XD-S .45 ACP pistols with serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300.

So, it appears that Taurus and Remington don't have the market cornered when it come to things that go BANG when you don't think they should.
What the hell ever happened to safe firearms use and handling? I agree with Brutus.

Read more: http://www.handgunsmag.com/reviews/...ce-safety-recalls-for-handguns/#ixzz3i06zJuKm

It's an easy deal to go on line and look up firearms recalls, and it seems that almost all of them have had serious issues, I'm not defending the Taurus defect, merely pointing out the fact that even your favorite most trusted handguns have had recalls.
I seem to recall a bunch of Ruger haters not to long back for a stance he took,, hmm.

For years Gaston Glock refused to change the plastic containers that they shipped his pistols in.
The box had a round post inside that you set inside the pistols trigger guard and even though the warning labels clearly stated that you should never place a loaded pistol in the box, a lot of folks did and there were more then a few accidental discharges when the box was shaken or dropped.
His stubborn Austrian way of thinking would not budge on the matter and he would rather pay millions in settlements because he wanted people to follow his instructions to the letter.
His lawyers finally got him to change his mind.

GlockCase.jpg

Even their customer service is no good?? I thought that was their ONE redeeming quality.... good customer service, when ALL of your Taurus guns break...???
I had to send in a PT1911 that was missing a firing pin safety plunger. They were nothing but nice. Offered two ways to go about shipping. Seemed easy enough.. Then again, I follow Daltons (Roadhouse) words:
"Be nice, until its time to not be nice".
Being nice seems to get me far in the firearms community (with businesses).. I guess some guys just bubblegum and moan at the poor CS person on the phone.. No wonder they dont get far. :D

For years Gaston Glock refused to change the plastic containers that they shipped his pistols in.
The box had a round post inside that you set inside the pistols trigger guard and even though the warning labels clearly stated that you should never place a loaded pistol in the box, a lot of folks did and there were more then a few accidental discharges when the box was shaken or dropped.
His stubborn Austrian way of thinking would not budge on the matter and he would rather pay millions in settlements because he wanted people to follow his instructions to the letter.
His lawyers finally got him to change his mind.

View attachment 251075
Sorry, Glock fanboys. I know Gaston is a brilliant firearms designer, but only a moron would design that box for a gun with a "Safe Action Trigger."

Would you trust your life that one of my Taurus autos wont work ?

you mean if we meet at high noon in the middle of town for a duel would i trust that yours wouldnt work? heck no.

all kidding aside,i guess im not fully understanding your question but from what i think you may be asking then: no. im not saying i wouldnt trust YOUR taurus semi auto.it may be a great gun. for you. im just expressing my opinion from my personal experience and on my feelings about taurus semi autos in general. YMMV.

Over the years I have owned a total of seven Taurus handguns--six revolvers and one semi auto.

I have experienced serious defects in three of the revolvers; a stainless 44 Magnum, a stainless 922 .22LR, and a blued M605 .357 Magnum. All three of these revolvers had timing/lockup issues that required a trip back to the factory for warranty repair.

The other three revolvers were all 2" Model 85 .38 Specials (one blued, one stainless and one UltraLight) and the quality control on these seemed to be better. I had no issues whatsoever with any of them.

I also owned a PT111 Millennium in 9MM for a little while and it never gave me any problems but I have heard of other people having issues with these guns.

3 out of 7 is an unacceptable failure rate, and it is the reason I will never buy a Taurus again. The best thing I am able to say about Taurus is that their M85's are a reasonably good copy of a S&W J-frame and probably the only gun in their lineup that is reliable enough to be a carry gun.

That's my experience, YMMV.

If anyone decides to break into my house and ignore my gun pointed at them because its a Taurus, they will be committing a fatal mistake.

What Taurus needs to do is to raise the prices of their guns by 10-15% and apply the additional revenue towards improving their quality control. They would still be more affordable than other brands. Their lifetime warranty is great but its even better if you don't wind up having to use it so often.

In 18 years I've never had to use it. Maybe you guys should learn to take care of your guns?
Timing and lockup issues in revolvers that have seen minimal use (with factory ammo only) have nothing to do with faulty maintainence by the owner and everything to do with faulty quality control at the factory.

When it happens once, its bad luck. When it happens to 3 different guns, its symptomatic of a larger issue.

If your Taurus is reliable, good for you. Taurus makes some decent guns for the money. They also make some less-than-decent ones. Having personally sent 3 of them back, I have no intention of ever entrusting my life to one again.

Last Edited:
Do what you want , mine are workin just fine, always have, never jammed, never been out of timing, never been in for repair and I would and do use them for self defense an have NO worries about it. I've had problems with Kahrs, Smiths. Phoenix , Remington and Barretta. Even a Colt Anaconda. Never with Taurus.

Do what you want , mine are workin just fine, always have, never jammed, never been out of timing, never been in for repair and I would and do use them for self defense an have NO worries about it. I've had problems with Kahrs, Smiths. Phoenix , Remington and Barretta. Even a Colt Anaconda. Never with Taurus.
Complete change of subject; is that Biletnikoff in your profile pic? Cant see his face in the helmet, or read his number. RIP Snake!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top