JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you for assisting getting the word out about this. @street posted in the Great Deals section about the recall which is where I first heard about these safes when I purchased one. I'm not 100% sold on bio safes yet but the one I got was all three, bio/pin/key.

I didn't realize someone else had already posted about it. I looked, but I missed it.

They are convenient, and probably faster when they work perfectly. I have just had too many gadgets fail. I am paranoid I'd get locked out at some point. I am pretty quick with combo locks after all those years working a locker in school.

But this is worse than getting locked out. A kid getting into the safe is even worse than me NOT being able to get into it -- even with a bad guy in the house.

At least this seems like an easy fix. It's not even a defect if the user just follows the instructions at time of purchase.

I didn't realize someone else had already posted about it. I looked, but I missed it.

They are convenient, and probably faster when they work perfectly. I have just had too many gadgets fail. I am paranoid I'd get locked out at some point. I am pretty quick with combo locks after all those years working a locker in school.

But this is worse than getting locked out. A kid getting into the safe is even worse than me NOT being able to get into it -- even with a bad guy in the house.

At least this seems like an easy fix. It's not even a defect if the user just follows the instructions at time of purchase.
That is the only reason I have been leery of these type of locks. Always afraid the damn thing would not open when I needed it. LONG past having kids in the home but when we did I preferred the boxes with the Simplex manual lock. Was simple to learn to open even in total darkness and no battery or electronics to fail.

"In a statement, the company said there were no mechanical problems with the biometric locks or the recalled safes. The safes were shipped to retailers in "demonstration mode," allowing any fingerprint to open them until they are programmed, the company's vice president, Brandon Rutledge, said in the statement. "The problems have stemmed from people not programming the safes at all, or not programming them properly," Rutledge said. "We take this matter very seriously and are working to help all customers who reach out to us.""

Doesnt sounds like a defective product to me.

"In a statement, the company said there were no mechanical problems with the biometric locks or the recalled safes. The safes were shipped to retailers in "demonstration mode," allowing any fingerprint to open them until they are programmed, the company's vice president, Brandon Rutledge, said in the statement. "The problems have stemmed from people not programming the safes at all, or not programming them properly," Rutledge said. "We take this matter very seriously and are working to help all customers who reach out to us.""

Doesnt sounds like a defective product to me.
It reminded me of an old line. If you make something idiot proof they will invent a better idiot. Sadly companies have LONG had to try to idiot proof anything that requires reading instructions. :(

It reminded me of an old line. If you make something idiot proof they will invent a better idiot. Sadly companies have LONG had to try to idiot proof anything that requires reading instructions. :(
Ive worked in product development with some very well paid engineers. Companies spend millions on design time trying to engineer idiot proof products but at the end of the day nobody can engineer a requirement to read the instruction manual or even understand it.

Ive worked in product development with some very well paid engineers. Companies spend millions on design time trying to engineer idiot proof products but at the end of the day nobody can engineer a requirement to read the instruction manual or even understand it.
They can sure run out and find a lawyer to try to sue when they get hurt because they did not read the damn instructions though. 🤬
The sad part is the rest of us have to pay for this.

Every time you think you've idiot-proofed a product, a new breed of idiot comes along.

I have worked with a few who I often wonder how the hell they have lived as long as they have. People so stupid it seemed amazing they had not removed themselves from the gene pool at an early age.
I read the average IQ in the US is about "98", by most all IQ standards this is also about the middle of the intelligence spectrum. My guess is if 98 is the average then there are way more people below average than the median percentile. There is an old adage (I hate to use the term "idiom" here...) that a "chain is only as strong as its weakest link".

Society definitely pays the price to carry the weaker link.....
They can sure run out and find a lawyer to try to sue when they get hurt because they did not read the damn instructions though. 🤬
The sad part is the rest of us have to pay for this.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews