JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read the average IQ in the US is about "98", by most all IQ standards this is also about the middle of the intelligence spectrum. My guess is if 98 is the average then there are way more people below average than the median percentile. There is an old adage (I hate to use the term "idiom" here...) that a "chain is only as strong as its weakest link".

Society definitely pays the price to carry the weaker link.....
Yes sadly we have for decades now "protected" those too stupid to not get hurt. Instead of letting things work out on their own we keep passing more laws to protect the really dumb from the pain they cause. Not to mention we then let many of them crank out kids that we who work are supposed to support. 🤬

Every time you think you've idiot-proofed a product, a new breed of idiot comes along.
It's the warning labels. We put all these damn warning labels on things which impedes Darwinism. The labels end up preserving people that would otherwise self delete. And then they breed. Usually with other stupid people. And the herd slows down.

It's the warning labels. We put all these damn warning labels on things which impedes Darwinism. The labels end up preserving people that would otherwise self delete. And then they breed. Usually with other stupid people. And the herd slows down.
EG: "This product can expose you to stupidity, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer."

Decades back a local talk show fill in host was playing around on air and made a statement I still laugh about. He said 25% of the population graduate functional illiterates, we should remove the warning labels from everything and let nature take its course.
Funny as it was I later heard some Doctor lamenting the "lawyering" of OTC meds. He said many of them were something a very few people needed to take heed about. Problem was now when you open the bottle the warning instruction is 5 feet long, written in font so small no one can read it, so people toss it in the trash. Then the few people who did need to see some warning never do. :mad:

So unless I am missing something here its a user error problem? As in people not bothering to read the damn instructions? So the "solution" is to recall the damn things since owners can't read? :confused:
It happens all the time. The "Tourons" in the National Parks get into trouble with the wildlife. Everybody that drives through an entrance at a National Park gets a handful of informational packets and warnings. People get gored by Bison, mauled by Bears, or otherwise get injured / killed screwing around geologic features. All safety guidelines are spelled out, the do's and don'ts, but it never gets read. I think of it as "Culling the herd".

So unless I am missing something here its a user error problem? As in people not bothering to read the damn instructions? So the "solution" is to recall the damn things since owners can't read? :confused:
This is how one ends up with "Read Instruction Manual Before Using" engraved on the barrel of an otherwise beautiful revolver. Just sad.

I have an old composite secure gun case with an a key and a 3 digit combination lock. It also has a red light that you can we which I do if I need to open case. I use the combination lock and set the last digit one code away so I can open the lock box very quickly. If you want a firearm safe then you get the combination dial one and the heck with the biometric lock.

Had a customer wanted me to put a bio lock on his safe, turns out he was too old. The new lock wouldn't recognize any of his fingerprints. Lock company told me it was a common problem among older folks, I wound up putting a digital lock on for him instead.

Decades back a local talk show fill in host was playing around on air and made a statement I still laugh about. He said 25% of the population graduate functional illiterates, we should remove the warning labels from everything and let nature take its course.
Funny as it was I later heard some Doctor lamenting the "lawyering" of OTC meds. He said many of them were something a very few people needed to take heed about. Problem was now when you open the bottle the warning instruction is 5 feet long, written in font so small no one can read it, so people toss it in the trash. Then the few people who did need to see some warning never do. :mad:
If it's gotten to the point that we need to instruct people NOT to eat Tide Pods, it's time to stop printing warning labels. :rolleyes:

If it's gotten to the point that we need to instruct people NOT to eat Tide Pods, it's time to stop printing warning labels. :rolleyes:
LOL, the first time I saw those locked in a case at customer service I asked the gal that. Are these here to keep people from eating them? She laughed and said sadly the problem was people stealing the damn things. Maybe the same people who eat them? :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews