JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I gather that this is a new offering from Taurus.

Interesting, to say the least. Not my cup-of-tea, but it might blow someone else's skirt up. LOL.

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 10.53.36 AM.jpeg

Folks may feel differently, but IMHO it's cute but kinda useless for home defense. Give me a reliable pump shotgun, every time. Slugs, 00 shot...it all works out.

In my home, my G17 gets me to my safe, and from there.....it gets interesting..... :cool:

Yeah, no matter what you do to a Judge I am not going to trust something that struggles to reach 8-10 inches in gel. A Judge, at best, is a trunk gun for varmints, with the party trick of being able to shoot .45LC in case you need to put down a stock animal in a pinch. The Circuit Judge has a bit more utility, being a good short range bird gun or a so-good-your-friends-will-ban-it short range clay slayer. But even then 410 is still very limited in capability.

So yeah, for home defense I am going to stick to my rifle. An intermediate power cartridge like the .223, with appropriate expanding ammo, is not only devastating but also has less penetration in building material than even the venerable 12 gauge buckshot. And with 30 rounds on tap (in most standard configurations) and mild recoil even a novice an safely use them in a SHTF situation. The Judge simply offers no comparison.

I gather that this is a new offering from Taurus.

Interesting, to say the least. Not my cup-of-tea, but it might blow someone else's skirt up. LOL.

View attachment 1487962
Wtf is right Imo. Novelty gun. If someone has many guns and wants this to play with hey great it's all good but it's not something I would want. For $400 a lynx 12 AK will put 20 rounds of 12 ga down range accurately in 5 seconds. Talk about a riot! :p

I've also found .410 to be extremely anemic in the very limited times I shot it as a kid.

I noticed Kentucky gun co has pre-order for $579. So that's probably the lowest street price at the start cuz usually Kentucky gun co is close to the cheapest around.

Got to hand it to the people who make those. I have been amazed they were able to sell so many. Now this new edition? I have to guess some will love it. The co that made the pistol for years could never get them to sell. Taurus came along and with slick marketing sold crap out of them. They seem to have an almost cult like following that will not hear facts. With .410 shells they make a nasty but very shallow wound. NOT good for someone who is trying to kill you. With .45 rounds that long lead tends to make accuracy very poor. Yet they still sell well due to the good marketing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top