JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have an itch for a vintage military turnbolt there are some M96 Swedish Mausers in 6.5 x 55 still around.
A nice action and a very nice cartridge that would be fun to shoot.
what should I know before buy a swedish mauser ?

Great web site there DD. Thanks!

Gosh, those Swedes look great. Considering they never shot corrosive primers is a HUGE thing too.

I don't know. I 'm probably some kind of weird. I have some gun money. I read and look around, gun rags, here at NWFA etc. All of a sudden I see, or hear, about something and start doing research and get the bug to spend said gun money. The urge can change in an instant. Or, just go away. It's not gone away. It's morphing! :D

That's some funny schtick right there! LOL

I picked up a M91 years ago and never regretted it. It's a fun rifle to shoot and pretty damn accurate, as long as the bayonet is on it, that is. Every time I take it to the range, I kick myself because I didn't pick up a dozen or so more (different models/makers) when they were about $50 a piece.

Ray

:s0113:

Yeah, I think the Mosin is off the table now.

I love this site. You guys are the best. You know, if I had a lot more "Gun Money" I'd buy both, just because!

The reason I made my opinion about the M-N known is simply because the service arm of THIS burg, in spite of a trebillion £££ having been spent to make a better version, is STILL as ergonomic as a refrigerator with a plane handle on it, and shoots a squeakpip bullet.

tac

As much as I like Mosins, for $400 I'd buy a Swedish Mauser over the Mosin any day. I've never had one but they are a nice rifle.

The Swedes were all over for around $70 back when I was first into gun, 25+ years ago, but $70 back then was probably harder for me to spend than $400 would be now.

Aaaaah, Swedish Mauser.............................:)

Here's my 1898 [that's right, EIGHTEEN and ninety-eight] m/96 Carl Gustaf with its ultra-rare Wehrmann peep sight -

upload_2017-12-21_17-26-11.png

And my last three shots last Sunday morning...100, in the rain, again.

upload_2017-12-21_17-27-2.png

Nice, eh?

tac

As much as I like Mosins, for $400 I'd buy a Swedish Mauser over the Mosin any day. I've never had one but they are a nice rifle.

The Swedes were all over for around $70 back when I was first into gun, 25+ years ago, but $70 back then was probably harder for me to spend than $400 would be now.

Just looking around on line, $400.00 isn't going to happen! There were some pretty darn nice looking Swedes in the $600.00-$700.00 range. But when it get's up that high it makes me think of that Garand at the OAC show last Sunday..... Decisions, decisions!

:s0113:

Yeah, I think the Mosin is off the table now.

I love this site. You guys are the best. You know, if I had a lot more "Gun Money" I'd buy both, just because!
Swedish Mauser For The Win !
We are here to help you spend your "gun money" and to see the smile on your face when we get it right.

Last Edited:
Aaaaah, Swedish Mauser.............................:)

Here's my 1898 [that's right, EIGHTEEN and ninety-eight] m/96 Carl Gustaf with its ultra-rare Wehrmann peep sight -

View attachment 415055

And my last three shots last Sunday morning...100, in the rain, again.

View attachment 415056

Nice, eh?

tac
That is why the Swedes weren't much for war-making.
Their rifles were too nice to take into battle !

Can't buy a decent Swede for less than $400 anymore? Dang, I guess I haven't looked around much for a while.

I wish I had bought a nicer Enfield back when they were cheap. I have a lesser grade No.4 Enfield that I bought in the early 90's for $60. I've always thought it was a great rifle, in many ways superior to other bolt actions of the era.

I've got a lot of surplus rifles but my mistake was never buying nicer grade rifle. I always went cheap because that's what I could afford. Now I wish I'd have saved up a little and bought specimens that were a little less worn.

I've got a few of them; M-44, M-39, 91/30, and I once owned a Hungarian M-44. The one thing I noticed on that rifle was that the trigger was on par with the Finnish Mosins and the action wasn't loose like on some Russian varieties. They're sought after for being well made in comparison to the Rus built rifles. Not fully on par with a Finn but very much a better overall fit and finish to them.

Tbh I prefer the Mauser of the Mosin Nagant. I got the Mosin Nagant because it was cheap and ammo was cheap. But I ended up selling it.

I may get a M44 or something for the collection, but I'll always prefer the Mauser.

I wish I'd have gotten a U.S. made Mosin when they were somewhat affordable.

My first one (and oldest) is a Finnish M28 with a SIG barrel. The buttplate that came on it has a stamp indicating it was made by Remington. It's a real mix; an 1897 Izhevsk receiver with a Swiss SIG barrel and a U.S. Remington buttplate.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews