JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the sound of those. The problem is knowing what to pay for what grade of rifle? I went to the ARPC show last spring and couldn't believe all the old rifles on racks through out the building. And ME, not knowing one damned thing about any of them! I will go again this year, but I still won't know much more than I did last year!

In return for pie [Marionbery or Lemming Marang] I will take you by the paw and lead you around the tables...

I wish............................

tac

Don't you believe it - this burg is about as pieless as Mars. Pie deprivation is widespread, and dat's de troof. Trouble is, the locals just don't know how badly off they really are, since pie, per se, is not part of the ethos of the British in general.

Lemming marang pie is nothing less than the very food of the gods, and I make up for lost pie whenever we are either back home on ON or in OR.

tac

6a59bc88-7a57-47fb-b89e-6678b52df880.jpg

My dear grandmother from County Clare made the best lemming marang pie I've had to date.
My grandfather, also from Clare, would catch fresh lemmings.
Since they were called home, Thanksgiving has never been the same.

This is a true story, except for the lemmings.
Sometimes they weren't fresh.

Don't you believe it - this burg is about as pieless as Mars. Pie deprivation is widespread, and dat's de troof. Trouble is, the locals just don't know how badly off they really are, since pie, per se, is not part of the ethos of the British in general.

Lemming marang pie is nothing less than the very food of the gods, and I make up for lost pie whenever we are either back home on ON or in OR.

tac
I thought he was talking about some rodent infested derivation of kidney pie. You never know about these guys.......have you ever eaten (or attempted to eat) mushy peas?

I thought he was talking about some rodent infested derivation of kidney pie. You never know about these guys.......have you ever eaten (or attempted to eat) mushy peas?

Doesn't sound too bad actually? Split pea soup, lentil soup......I'm sure Tac will "POP" in and give us some mushy pea history!
Mushy peas - Wikipedia

I'd like to hear what Tac has to say about that "Spotted Dick" I've seen on the shelves at Safeway too.

Doesn't sound too bad actually? Split pea soup, lentil soup......I'm sure Tac will "POP" in and give us some mushy pea history!
Mushy peas - Wikipedia

I'd like to hear what Tac has to say about that "Spotted Dick" I've seen on the shelves at Safeway too.
I have a very liberal palate that is amazingly accepting of disparagement foods........but mushy peas (that I agree don't sound too bad) are an acquired taste.

I have a very liberal palate that is amazingly accepting of disparagement foods........but mushy peas (that I agree don't sound too bad) are an acquired taste.

A thread about the Mosin Nagant and were talking mushy peas! :D Typical, AND fun. I'm thinking some rendered hog jowl bacon pieces in the mash would be the bomb!

Spotted sick is Da Bomb! It's a delicacy worthy of kings, but the funky name keeps the plebs from tasting it!
Now for some bangers and a plowmans plate, i would sin most grievously!

tac, next times yet about the state's, I will treat you to a Gooseberry pie, and a bottle of Marionberry wine!

Sounds like a plan, except for the wine - I am one of nature's misfits, unable to partake of alcoholic beverages...

I'm going up to see our Bear friend with gunstore next time we are over - if you live nearby we could make a day of it since we are only down I5 in Yoojeen.

tac

Sure, Mosin's kick like a mule, but arthritic shoulders took away my bow. Not going to take away my rifles too, and I can afford to shoot my Mosin! :D

BOOM!!! ouch! BOOM!!! Ouch! BOOM!!! OUCH! LOL!!! o_O

@Mikej - right now I'm reading about a bunch of Swiss schtuff at Cabelas in WA - which one, Tacoma, maybe [?] I don't know, but the poster over on gunboards.com might be passing that on momentarily.

All kinds, from around $500...don't go for anything without talking to me fust, dya'hear?

tac

Saw a few Swedes this morn at Tigard Cabelas, pretty sweet Husquvarna, but in the wrong flavor:( also had a pretty sweet M98 of 1944 B.Y.N. productin as well as a Styer, Damler Punch ag of 1944 late. Only thing wrong was non matching numbers and sheet etal bottom metal! There out there still, but prices are getting a little stiff.
Still needs me a K-31, top of my list!:)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top