JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exactly. Too much room for bias and interpretation.
We have to have an object view yet everything is extremely subjective and viewed through a political/liability lens.

Until the values/morals in America change (in a drastic way) nothing will change for the better.

Tolerance and inclusivity is getting people killed. Not only by the hand of another but by their own hand as well.

Last Edited:
We have to have an object view yet everything is extremely subjective and viewed through a political/liability lens.

Until the values/morals in America change (in a drastic way) nothing will change for the better.

Tolerance and inclusivity is getting people killed.
I don't see that happening anytime soon. However, I do see potential at the state level to implement something along these lines - all it takes is one, then a bunch of others will follow suit. That would push it into the national spotlight and drive a debate on the topic at least. I mean, it's not perfect but it's better than what we have.

I don't see that happening anytime soon. However, I do see potential at the state level to implement something along these lines - all it takes is one, then a bunch of others will follow suit. That would push it into the national spotlight and drive a debate on the topic at least. I mean, it's not perfect but it's better than what we have.
If it's done correctly. But if it's overseen by the government (especially in deep blue states) I'll pass.

However, I do see potential at the state level to implement something along these lines - all it takes is one, then a bunch of others will follow suit. That would push it into the national spotlight and drive a debate on the topic at least. I mean, it's not perfect but it's better than what we have.
Ive often thought the govt needs to create a social program that builds family values and promotes healthy parenting. Years ago Desantis created a father mentor program for single moms and all my liberal friends lambasted the idea.

Government needs to be removed from the equation. They fail at everything on the tax payers dime.

The country has definitely strayed from family and parenting values, weve got multiple generations now raised on meds and now social media, kids left to their own development while parents party on social media. Is this a correct assessment?

The conversation is showing we need some kind of social intervention to promote family and parenting values.
govt or otherwise, How would that work and what would that be?

The country has definitely strayed from family and parenting values, weve got multiple generations now raised on meds and now social media, kids left to their own development while parents party on social media. Is this a correct assessment?

The conversation is showing we need some kind of social intervention to promote family and parenting values.
govt or otherwise, How would that work and what would that be?
And they wonder why we have a country full of mental health issues…..

Social intervention....as in someone coming into my home and telling me how to run my life , home and family...?
No thank you.

I understand that "social intervention" is intended for those who need help....
But just who gets to say that their way is right...and that I need to follow it....?

Again...help is needed for those with issues , mental or otherwise...
Help that is non judgmental...and not all primed and ready to abuse those in their care.
Andy

Social intervention....as in someone coming into my home and telling me how to run my life , home and family...?
No thank you.

But just who gets to say that their way is right...and that I need to follow it....?

Help that is non judgmental...and not all primed and ready to abuse those in their care.
Andy
And that right there is why nothing will get fixed. Not saying we all have to be the same. Not pointing a finger at you personally. But certain life choices have everlasting effects. We live in America and we have the freedom to live the way we want and make our own choices. Run our family how we want. Sleep with who we want. Be a dad or not. Be present or be absent. Use drugs. Etc.

Land of the free in the present comes with consequences in the future.

No thank you.

Andy
not someone telling you how to run your life and house, but agree this is not a simple topic. I just feel like family and parenting values have been dropped from society in trade for gaming, meds, and social media. And I think this is contributing to the mental health issues the country is facing. We didn't have the extreme issues we do today back in the 80s it seems, back then the biggest issue is which sibling got to choose what show to watch that night and to take turns playing Atari... family time.

A true professional knows how to discern the difference between someone serious about their threats, and those who are simply seeking attention and ultimately, intervention.
Im not certain its that simple but im not a professional so...

And that right there is why nothing will get fixed. Not saying we all have to be the same. Not pointing a finger at you personally. But certain life choices have everlasting effects. We live in America and we have the freedom to live the way we want and make our own choices. Run our family how we want. Sleep with who we want. Be a dad or not. Be present or be absent. Use drugs. Etc.

Land of the free in the present comes with consequences in the future.
Everything has a consequence...No matter the America of the present or past.

I was mainly trying to point out ....

That many folks don't like government interference / interaction in their life yet....
Also some of those same folks call for social intervention.
As well as....
What works for me....works for me....it may or may not work out so well for someone else.
And that one should be free to follow someone's guidance / directions / laws / rules ...or not.

If what you are doing , works for you...and does not harm yourself or others....
Then no one should be able to tell you to stop or do things differently.
Andy

Everything has a consequence...No matter the America of the present or past.

I was mainly trying to point out ....

That many folks don't like government interference / interaction in their life yet....
Also some of those same folks call for social intervention.
As well as....
What works for me....works for me....it may or may not work out so well for someone else.
And that one should be free to follow someone's guidance / directions / laws / rules ...or not.

If what you are doing , works for you...and does not harm yourself or others....then no one should be able to tell you to stop or do differently.
Andy
Agreed. But what happens when we can connect certain social issues with the majority of active shooters etc.

We can't continue to look at it and continually say that had no play in what ended up taking place. Simply because it's uncomfortable to call it out as it is.

There is a pattern. We all see it. Yet no one wants to address it.

Agreed. But what happens when we can connect certain social issues with the majority of active shooters etc.

We can't continue to look at it and continually say that had no play in what ended up taking place. Simply because it's uncomfortable to call it out as it is.

There is a pattern. We all see it. Yet no one wants to address it.
I don't mind addressing it....
I do mind when someone tells me , with absolute conviction that this is the cause....or that this is the answer.
Insert whatever you wish for "This".

Please note that I am not saying that you do the above.
I find that you have sound reasons for what you say....
I may not always agree...but you have solid reasons for what you think...and you don't push those onto others.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads