JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend passed away, a former Marine, and his widow has asked me to dispose of his firearms. I usually have a sellers table at the local gun show so I expect to just put them out there in April. My limited knowledge tells me that this Mosin might be "special'.
Any information to share would be very welcome.

DSCN0418.JPG

Looks like a Russian Empire 1895 M91 three line rifle, in a composite stock it appears.

What kind of info are you looking for?

Last Edited:
If the rifle has matching numbers and the original stock it could be in the range of $700+ to a collector.
price depending on whether it is a Cossack model or standard length, original or refurbed.

All original could fetch $700+
Mismatched/refurb in newer stock $300 like any mixmaster 91/30.

For your internet searching pleasure, the lettering says:

"Imperial Tula Arms Plant"

Old (pre-1917) spelling: "Императорскiй Тульскiй Оружейный Заводъ"

Modern spelling: "Императорский Тульский Оружейный Завод "

Bruce

Highest value MN that I came across over the years was a Spanish Civil war rifle marked "MADE IN USSR"
in block print on the receiver.
I sold it for over $700 in the early 2000's when like new 91/30s were going for $100.

If you have one like that it could fetch a pretty penny these days!
Under the tang looks like "95r" and is that a hammer?

View attachment 1809814
That's an 1895 Tula rifle.

95r = 1895

BUT THEN, as an example of the amounts of STUPID that have been introduced through time.....

For example:
Certain States have laws against semi-automatic rifles. But, the Federal Laws don't address the issue as to why it's so necessary to differentiate a semi automatic rile.

So????

In other words.....check out ALL the laws (Local, State and Federal).

View: https://youtu.be/PMTZCqGuPS4?si=UmwbzfqQHxBDfDHy

Aloha, Mark

PS....just because a firearm might be listed on the Federal C&R list....that doesn't mean that it's automatically an "Antique".

So.....read the "definitions". They may/might vary between the Local, State and Federal Laws.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top