JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd try those first. Globe sights are really easy to use at 100. My eyes aren't the greatest and will only get worse, as irons go they are some of the best.

Mike I got a truglo reflex red dot lying here with your name on it if you want it.

I'd try those first. Globe sights are really easy to use at 100. My eyes aren't the greatest and will only get worse, as irons go they are some of the best.
Haven't done much research on globe sights. After just a little now, globe sights for the Swede are hard to come by. Originals are probably available, like hens teeth /overseas. And more expensive. Lyman has one that is a standard dove tail. I've got to figure that the Swede dovetail is metric? And requires I go (pushing) banging, the existing sight out of the dove tail. Using the bad ace mount... Easy to install. I believe even for me? And putting a scope on the rail. Very easy to to with very little modification. Probably get of for under, or a hair over $200.00.

Haven't done much research on globe sights. After just a little now, globe sights for the Swede are hard to come by. Originals are probably available, like hens teeth /overseas. And more expensive. Lyman has one that is a standard dove tail. I've got to figure that the Swede dovetail is metric? And requires I go (pushing) banging, the existing sight out of the dove tail. Using the bad ace mount... Easy to install. I believe even for me? And putting a scope on the rail. Very easy to to with very little modification. Probably get off for under, or a hair over $200.00.
I understand the fight of trying to make something you own a little easier to use. The mount and scope definitely sounds like best move. If you want the red dot too through on the rail to try PM me and I'll get it your way.

I understand the fight of trying to make something you own a little easier to use. The mount and scope definitely sounds like best move. If you want the red dot too through on the rail to try PM me and I'll get it your way.
I Might do that. Certainly wouldn't hurt to try it. Thanks!

Last Edited:
I Might do that. Certainly would hurt to try it. Thanks!
For 50/100 paper punching, I turn down the brightness to just barely visible. That way you are essentially placing a barely visible dot on the target, which is very visible with it so low, and focusing on keeping the sight picture identical shot to shot.

This scope looked like a viable option when I was searching around for a scout scope. I do not have any experience with it, though.
That does look interesting. I see on their site they have a reproduction of the Lyman Alaskan 2.5x like they used originally on the M1s in WWII. I happen to have an original that my Dad had on his own sporterization in 1948ish of an M17 that was his deer rifle. Near $350.00 though.

Last Edited:
Midway has a sale on Burris scout scopes. Burris has a history of being tough.

It's got the right eye relief.
Even at that sale price that's way more than I wanted to spend. The Vortex Cross-fire II can be had for $129 and rated highly. I never realized there were so many. A scope branded "TacFun"? Sounds like Chinese garbage? But I just don't know? Maybe I need to hear what is crap? I can't find the page now, but one reviewer showed the five best with NcStar at the top of budget scopes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top