JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And just when we were getting ready to plunk down a significant amount (of my money) on a Liberty! Whew! Might have to re-think this!

Just get it with a dial lock.....
We just got the last of the EMP proof digitals delivered and installed Saturday.

Our other fatboy has just an E lock .....
But the worked around is to pop out the battery holder and that Will not allow a EMP surge to dry the lock. And insert back in and open it up.

The bubble memory will retain all codes in the safe, no worries.....
PER LIBERTY

WE NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES WITH OURS . 20180804_143420.jpg 20180804_143203.jpg 20151213_114814.jpg

My late friend had a surefire way of remembering his dial lock's combination, he had it taped to the safe's door.
He was very dyslexic and you had to reverse the numbers in a certain order to open the safe.

Since we're talking about e-locks on Liberty safes I had 2 questions for the group (this is for Liberty Lincoln w/S&G lock):

1) any benefit or downside to using lithium vs alkaline batteries (ignoring cost)?
2) occasionally have to press the same number more than once before it will beep...not very consistent and not always the same digit...is this a sign of an about to fail keypad or my just getting old?

Since we're talking about e-locks on Liberty safes I had 2 questions for the group (this is for Liberty Lincoln w/S&G lock):

1) any benefit or downside to using lithium vs alkaline batteries (ignoring cost)?
2) occasionally have to press the same number more than once before it will beep...not very consistent and not always the same digit...is this a sign of an about to fail keypad or my just getting old?

Follow what mfg recommends.
Duracell .... I get them at costco.
And see if it still does it.

If so call lane at Hubbard store and ask him, he is sharp. Let him know how old the lock is. It may be still under warranty.

You can use a duracell or a duracell procell. I would look at having that keypad swapped out. What lock is it?

FYI, the emp rating on the S&G Titan series is a submarine server room tested emp rating, it is not a full snap or nuclear blast rating.

I do have a dial lock on my gun safe, but my wife's safe has an S&G Titan Pivot Bolt on it. She does not want to do the dial.

As far as keeping the combo around the house, I would write the normal combo on top of a closet door in the house. That way if you forget it, you can get a stool and look at it. Make sure the door does not have a lock. That ensures it does not get kicked in or taken off the hinges if a thief makes his way into the house.

Thanks guys, it's all fixed now. I called the guy in Hubbard and he had an updated lockset for me at a great price. I went to Coastal, where I bought the safe, to try to save a 3 hour drive, and they recommended a local locksmith. When I went there, it turns out, my friend owns it. He hooked me up with a great quality unit that he said he replaces all the locks he has problems with, and has not had a single problem in the years he has been in business. It was a plug and play swap, and now my stuff is safe again. Thanks for all the replies and advice, you are all OK in my book!!! Me Now ----> :s0115:

. It was a plug and play swap, and now my stuff is safe again

good news indeed, however :eek: don't overlook existential anxieties and environmental traumas to which your contents have been exposed during their long ordeal ....we better rush over there & help purge that load hidden in the dark corners suddenly exposed to *sunlight radiation* stimulating potential gun stock pitting fungus, rust blossoms of the PNW etc and haul off your casualties before it's too late....you can thank us later....:rolleyes:

good news indeed, however :eek: don't overlook existential anxieties and environmental traumas to which your contents have been exposed during their long ordeal ....we better rush over there & help purge that load hidden in the dark corners suddenly exposed to *sunlight radiation* stimulating potential gun stock pitting fungus, rust blossoms of the PNW etc and haul off your casualties before it's too late....you can thank us later....:rolleyes:

I could never overlook those existing possibilities, Jack. I thank you for having my back, and worrying, but my stuff gets enough "sunlight radiation", where an immunity has been instituted in all things involved for all the situations that you have implicated. :cool:

Thanks guys, it's all fixed now. I called the guy in Hubbard and he had an updated lockset for me at a great price. I went to Coastal, where I bought the safe, to try to save a 3 hour drive, and they recommended a local locksmith. When I went there, it turns out, my friend owns it. He hooked me up with a great quality unit that he said he replaces all the locks he has problems with, and has not had a single problem in the years he has been in business. It was a plug and play swap, and now my stuff is safe again. Thanks for all the replies and advice, you are all OK in my book!!! Me Now ----> :s0115:
What Brand and Model lock did they put on the safe?

808hondacrguy:

had one do the same ,more frequently over 4 years; got the Liberty guys to give me a warranty allowance. There is a great Eugene area locksmith that installed new manual for me, no charge, total warranty including travel.

Despite my efforts to remain enthusiastic about the electronic locks, I chose to go manual.

PM me if you need more details.
Could you post the name and phone number of the Eugene Locksmith who installed the manual lock. I'm having the same problem with my safe. Thanks-John

It was the business on the way into Springfield from UofO Franklin Blvd.
I'll have to look it up, but it was on the main drag not far west of the bridge over the river between Springfield/Eugene.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top