JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My own liberty electronic lock was trouble free. Until it wasn't. Slowly at first. Then enough so I call Factory at least a couple times a year. Then every month. Then it quit working altogether.

I developed the same kind of trust issue that some have with P365.

I have probably opened mine more in 3 years than most safes see in 2 lifetimes. I love looking at my guns lol, there are permanent marks from drool on the ground in front of the safe :)

I will hold off and talk to the Liberty guys before I do anything dumb ( my specialty)

Probably a good idea. :D

I have probably opened mine more in 3 years than most safes see in 2 lifetimes. I love looking at my guns lol, there are permanent marks from drool on the ground in front of the safe :)

I will hold off and talk to the Liberty guys before I do anything dumb ( my specialty)

Yeah, we'll as long as those "permanent marks" (I'll refrain from calling them "stains") are actually from drool..... o_O

:s0108:

Well, this thread makes me more satisfied with my decision to go with the old mechanical lock...

Mine has an electronic/mechanical combo. I like having the comfort of knowing if something goes wrong with the electronic (which has not had a single problem in 5 years), I can use the mechanical as backup to get it open. The electronic is definitely more convenient though.

I have not had any issues on my Liberty electronic, I opening each day. ( to see the big empty since that tragic boat accident).
I read up on them and saw the these locks are pretty reliable, from what I have heard Liberty is 100% about customer service
as the safes are good but most are not top end so they know that selling safes is also word of mouth. I have read that depending on the pad you can upgrade it, if that is the issue. But sounds like what everyone else has pointed out is a solenoid.
Stupid idea, try entering the passcode and on the last entry pound the safe door at the same time see if that opens it and may tell you the issue.

( edit pound with hand not a hammer lol )

And just when we were getting ready to plunk down a significant amount (of my money) on a Liberty! Whew! Might have to re-think this!

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Liberty safe in the slightest! Great safe, great warranty and great people. Everything will go bad over time. I am in mine on a daily basis and have not had an issue yet.

I'm pleased with my own Liberty Safe experience;

1st version: used daily for 25+ years, manual lock, no issues;

traded in (for more than I gave for it) to the same dealer on a new model with electronic lock. Used it daily with glee. Until the gradual decay of reliable function. Then the Final Insult: unable to open at all.

Liberty warranty paid for long service call by authorized tech guy, who opened the lock. Thankfully it responded to the emergency Ninja Lock Guy trickery, rather than outright surgical intervention. He certified complete failure of the part, gave choice of 3 different locks, 2 of which were manual. I chose a manual rather than replacing the electronic one (with "improved design").

So in 35+ years of Liberty Safes opening in my boonker nearly daily, company has treated me right.

And just when we were getting ready to plunk down a significant amount (of my money) on a Liberty! Whew! Might have to re-think this!

I would buy another any day, the nice thing is Liberty is here in Oregon, and their company is really about making sure the customer is happy. I know this sucks for the OP, but I am confident Liberty will get him settled. In a time where service is subpar and products are junk, its nice to know some companies like Liberty produce darn good product that is secure and supply great customer service.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Liberty safe in the slightest! Great safe, great warranty and great people. Everything will go bad over time. I am in mine on a daily basis and have not had an issue yet.

I'd second that - also the various safe manufacturers don't built their locks, mechanical or electric, they purchase them. You could easily get the exact same lock on safes from different companies. What's important is how they stand behind their product.

lol you sure its drool

My electronis lock on my Liberty Centurion has been giving me problems lately, It doesn't open when the combo is pushed the first time, or second time. Sometimes it will open on the third try, but lately it has been taking 5 or 6 tries to get it to open. The keys beep, and do the double beep when done, like it is supposed to open, but the latch wont move. I've changed the batttery a few times, (Duracell), like the manual insists on, and cleaned the contacts. It's not acting like a bad battery, like I said, all indications are that it will open, but it doesn't. I'm afraid that it's going to stop opening at all, and a locksmith will have to be called. Lock says SG on it. any one else experience this, or heard of it? Any suggestions? Thanks, Guy

I am the Safe Technician at NW Safe Co. It is very important to put a Duracell brand battery with at least a 2022 or later expiration date, in the lock.

1. How old is the safe?
2. Press *8#, you should hear a single low tone if it is a S&G 6120 lock.
3. Rotate your handle all the way in the direction you typically turn it to lock the safe, then hold pressure on it while punching in your six digit code and the #. Then 1 second later try opening the safe. Try a second time with foot pressure against the door as well.
4. The 6120 lock should not emit any tones after the code and # has been pressed if the code was correct. The safe should just open. Typically you only get tones after the # when the wrong combo has been entered. Do you by chance have the code written down anywhere, or does anyone else know it? I would double check and make sure it is correct. I have had folks who have owned a safe for 20 years transpose the combo numbers.

let me know what you find. If you want to call me, I can be reached at 360-825-5953. I open a lot of these locks and deal with them quite often.

I had an electronic lock in the past and wondered about an EMP and decided to just change it out. Can't say I miss it. I can get into the manual safe in about 12 seconds. If I need anything in there any faster, then I guess I should've had it out already.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top