JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My electronis lock on my Liberty Centurion has been giving me problems lately, It doesn't open when the combo is pushed the first time, or second time. Sometimes it will open on the third try, but lately it has been taking 5 or 6 tries to get it to open. The keys beep, and do the double beep when done, like it is supposed to open, but the latch wont move. I've changed the batttery a few times, (Duracell), like the manual insists on, and cleaned the contacts. It's not acting like a bad battery, like I said, all indications are that it will open, but it doesn't. I'm afraid that it's going to stop opening at all, and a locksmith will have to be called. Lock says SG on it. any one else experience this, or heard of it? Any suggestions? Thanks, Guy

The solenoid is likely failing.

Internal lock that keeps the bolt from being able to open.

If it is an Sargent and Greenleaf, you may be able to replace the solenoid yourself as they are usually repairable locks.

If it is a Chinese brand, I'd get ahold of the safe manufacturer and have them fix or tell you how to fix.

Looked on their website, they use a brand called Secureram. I'm unfamiliar with them.

They look very similar to a S&G, so you may be able to swap it for the better lock.

Some S&G are even EMP rated.

S&G are great locks for a safe. I keep buying the mechanical locks because I keep hearing about people having "issues" with the electronic versions.

808hondacrguy:

had one do the same ,more frequently over 4 years; got the Liberty guys to give me a warranty allowance. There is a great Eugene area locksmith that installed new manual for me, no charge, total warranty including travel.

Despite my efforts to remain enthusiastic about the electronic locks, I chose to go manual.

PM me if you need more details.

Looked on their website, they use a brand called Secureram. I'm unfamiliar with them.

They look very similar to a S&G, so you may be able to swap it for the better lock.

Some S&G are even EMP rated.

It is a S&G lock, model 6120. This cracks me up, how you can find anything on YouTube. This is my exact lock and my exact problem

Should I try what this guy did to fix it, or try to go the warranty route first? This safe is over 3 years old, and I lost the receipt, so I don't know if they will be able to do anything for me.

It is a S&G lock, model 6120. This cracks me up, how you can find anything on YouTube. This is my exact lock and my exact problem

Should I try what this guy did to fix it, or try to go the warranty route first? This safe is over 3 years old, and I lost the receipt, so I don't know if they will be able to do anything for me.
If it is under warranty I'd likely go that route first.

If not, they are not difficult to replace.

id atleast call and ask if theres any sort of warranty

My electronic lock on my Liberty has been trouble free so far. And I open it almost daily for various reasons. :)

My electronic lock on my Liberty has been trouble free so far. And I open it almost daily for various reasons. :)

I have probably opened mine more in 3 years than most safes see in 2 lifetimes. I love looking at my guns lol, there are permanent marks from drool on the ground in front of the safe :)

I will hold off and talk to the Liberty guys before I do anything dumb ( my specialty)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top