JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The dead guys last words sounded like he got out to apologize—which I've actually done before—but it's hard to know what he looked like or sounded like.
That is what you got from that? How about you are laying on the ground and the guy who has already shot you is trying to shoot you again? Don't you think he might come up with that to keep from getting shot again?

It always amazes me how willing people are to get violent over something as mundane as traveling in a car with other people doing the same thing on the road.

Don't get me wrong, I understand they don't have to be rational, most people who are quick to use violence, aren't.
Are you not amused?

That is what you got from that? How about you are laying on the ground and the guy who has already shot you is trying to shoot you again? Don't you think he might come up with that to keep from getting shot again?
I sure don't think he was trying to apologize, I also highly doubt his apologies were any kind of negotiation tactic. If you've ever seen someone go into shock from a massive injury, it's usually a blend of random nonsense and sincere honesty the you hear. If they are still capable of speech.

It's my opinion that people have stuffed their rage for so long that the precipitating event, as in this case, was simply the trigger that broke the camel's back.

it's currently illegal to express righteous & healthy anger at people or things that piss me off.

Our current totalitarian administration is hellbent on creating a nation of zombies.

The following attachment. It is not just clever words.

View attachment 1741333
The shooter was not one of those men.

The dead guys last words sounded like he got out to apologize—which I've actually done before—but it's hard to know what he looked like or sounded like.
IIRC, according to the KGW story, after flipping each other off, the victim, Martin, parked on the other side of Alder on 10th, walked back and the two argued.
Agree with your assessment above... he might have had a remote chance in hell arguing self defense if he didnt add another victim...
Witnesses said he attempted to shoot Martin a 2nd time, but his gun jammed.
Didn't he say that right after the guy pulled the gun?
As he lay dying on the ground.

IIRC, according to the KGW story, after flipping each other off, the victim, Martin, parked on the other side of Alder on 10th, walked back and the two argued.

The gun jammed? Was it a 1911? That makes sense. Lol.

@solv3nt

He said that he(the dead guy) had been making poor choices of late. Seems like especially the one getting out of his truck!

It's hard to tell, but the gun looks to be like a small .32 or .380. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, here he is before he shot Gomez holding up his phone.

Screenshot_20231015_173711_DuckDuckGo-01.jpeg

I may be armed but getting out of the car is just a big escalation, and as this happened, it can also be taken as precipitating a confrontation. Not saying the guy was right to shoot, but if the guy had not gotten out of his truck he'd be at home having dinner right now. Think Darwin Awards!

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top