JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kinda of a weird catch 22 scenario here.

Doesn't appear the shooter was justified at the first shot, dead guy should have just stayed in his car and kept going, but do we even know how confrontational the dead guy was being when he got shot?

The dead guy would still be alive if he had just kept going and minded his business instead of being a tough guy and confronting the guy over what? Blocking a lane?

Likely wasn't justified, but having a word battle is not worth betting your life on.

Last Edited:
The shooter's life is over as he'll be incarcerated for a long time.

You can't shoot someone because they annoyed you, shouted at you, insulted you or your family, pushed you, etc. It's not the wild west in the movies. Dude tapping on the window probably hurled all kinds of insults at him, but you can't roll down the window and plug the guy in the chest, then shoot a bystander recording the incident on his phone, and take a pot shot at him after hitting him in the leg as you're driving off. bubblegum... this... guy.

Kinda of a weird catch 22 scenario here.

Doesn't appear the shooter was justified at the first shot, dead guy should have just stayed in his car and kept going, but do we even know how confrontational the dead guy was being when he got shot?

The dead guy would still be alive if he had just kept going and minded his business instead of being a tough guy and confronting the guy over what? Blocking a lane?

Likely wasn't justified, but having a word battle is not worth betting your life on.
The dead guys last words sounded like he got out to apologize—which I've actually done before—but it's hard to know what he looked like or sounded like.

While I can certainly appreciate and understand delayed gratification, I'll never understand ZERO gratification. Yeah, making money is good, but what's the point if you don't allow yourself to enjoy it a bit?

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles, shoot boring guns and eat crappy food.
And that's why I'm always broke. Money is the last thing I want laying around collecting dust after I go.

Anybody who thinks that whatever words were exchanged justifies getting killed for saying them has some serious problems. The only justification for killing someone is to save your life, or the life of others. No matter what names someone may call you, or what foul language might be used, it never rises to the level of killing someone.
This shooter is simply nuts, and who knows what went through his mind to make him think it rose to the level of taking a life, and attempting to take another just because he witnessed it.

Anybody who thinks that whatever words were exchanged justifies getting killed for saying them has some serious problems. The only justification for killing someone is to save your life, or the life of others. No matter what names someone may call you, or what foul language might be used, it never rises to the level of killing someone.
This shooter is simply nuts, and who knows what went through his mind to make him think it rose to the level of taking a life, and attempting to take another just because he witnessed it.
I haven't seen anyone here defend the shooters actions...wtf are you on about?

The shooter's life is over as he'll be incarcerated for a long time.

You can't shoot someone because they annoyed you, shouted at you, insulted you or your family, pushed you, etc. It's not the wild west in the movies. Dude tapping on the window probably hurled all kinds of insults at him, but you can't roll down the window and plug the guy in the chest, then shoot a bystander recording the incident on his phone, and take a pot shot at him after hitting him in the leg as you're driving off. bubblegum... this... guy.
It's only "justified" when it's a prank….. lol.

If that were the case half of Portland would be a "good shoot".

That's the prank I was referring to. Definitely not a good shoot. But many seem to think it was justified. Just like another thread with a road rage incident where a bike and explorer were involved. Everyone was quick to defend that guy too…..

All of these are individuals who lack self control and are ruled by their emotions. A man ruled by his emotions is a dangerous one.

That's the prank I was referring to. Definitely not a good shoot. But many seem to think it was justified. Just like another thread with a road rage incident where a bike and explorer were involved. Everyone was quick to defend that guy too…..

All of these are individuals who lack self control and are ruled by their emotions. A man ruled by his emotions is a dangerous one.
And a foolish one, I might add.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR